Author Topic: A new update 1.4 has arrived  (Read 29436 times)

Offline elad770

Re: A new update 1.4 has arrived
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
:-*  ;D

And Yes! Thank you for reminding me that it was you who mention that!!
I care less about tempo reset.  I only care about measure reset! The only thing I need when it comes to tempo is the ability to program the tempo behavior in the middle of the song. Not by pressing a button and radically change the tempo but to gradually increase or decrease by predetermined set up. That's a feature!

beykock

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Hi Uli,

Sorry I am confused. :o

Do you mean the Genos2 will be launched in November 2019 ?
See : Tyros3 story.
The T3 arranger keyboard came in 2008 and has been upgraded in 2010 : Tyros4.

IMHO the S775 and S975 successors would come first, right ? ;)
These 2 new S-arrangers might be on the market as of November 2019, who knows ?

Best wishes, Babette

Offline GrantB

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
UNDERWHELMED AM I

Wow after all the hype including the video (which cost a few dollars) I am less than impress with the so called upgrade.

Yup, there are some corrections but very few and nothing for me to really shout about.

So I shall forget all about it and get on playing with what is still a great arranger.

Cheers all

Grant

Offline elad770

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »
I am with you Vali and I can understan you 100%. Just from my experience from past ......All this will happen on Genos2.  I am wish I am wrong.

Regards

I must say: Feature and Function are two different things!

From what I see all the members are talking about features that can be easily created by Software Code - That is, something you update through a firmware update.

A function is something that will require also a Hardware makeover or a change and I agree that this is where a new model will come in. I truly dont see Genos 2 anytime soon because its functioning is awsome and I dont think theres a justification for a new Genos. People are hardly discovering all its functionality. But again , certain features MUST be updated. In fact, I have and Idea ! A brilliant idea which I hope to get a positive response over. I will open a new thread

Offline ckobu

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
Hi Uli,

See : Tyros3 story.
The T3 arranger keyboard came in 2008 and has been upgraded in 2010 : Tyros4.

IMHO the S775 and S975 successors would come first, right ? ;)
These 2 new S-arrangers might be on the market as of November 2019, who knows ?

Best wishes, Babette

he was thinking about Korg PA5x ... if it happened then ...  ;D
Watch my video channel

Offline Enildo

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
here it is finally
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html?fbclid=IwAR0KFruAhKoT8jQdRGqsvNOvthye0wP7bz1JBIZLG4frMRHgIOF4agx_7zs

So many problems fixed, I'm worried about the new PSR line, when they say it will be a "Genos Jr."...
Will there be many problems to be corrected as well?
At the launch of Genos I alerted to this and I was misunderstood by some of the group's companions.
I do not want to be "ungrateful" with yamaha, congratulations to the new update, so I've seen a lot repaired.
I'm just disappointed that simple things will still continue to give you a headache.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Tankdave

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2019, 02:42:37 PM »
Very Sad with this, does nothing for me at all.

I was rather hoping they would fix the H/W sliders so when you touch them, they would NOT jump to the value they physically sitting at but adjust from the S/W value.

Sliders are just the same  :(

Offline ckobu

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »
Sliders are doing well now. The first touch only indicates the area, and the value is changed later.
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline Enildo

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »
Very Sad with this, does nothing for me at all.

I was rather hoping they would fix the H/W sliders so when you touch them, they would NOT jump to the value they physically sitting at but adjust from the S/W value.

Sliders are just the same  :(

I thought they had sorted that out.

-Changes: When operating the on-screen knobs and vertical sliders, the first touch will not change the value immediately, but only select (focus) it.
When word fail, Music speaks!

beykock

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2019, 02:53:53 PM »
Hi Ckobu :

If the PA5X should be launched in November 2019, as you said ...
then a Genos2 might come much sooner than expected, I guess, to avoid Yamaha customers should run away, right ?
😰

Babette

Offline ckobu

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2019, 03:03:41 PM »
Hi Ckobu :

If the PA5X should be launched in November 2019, as you said ...
then a Genos2 might come much sooner than expected, I guess, to avoid Yamaha customers should run away, right ?
😰

Babette

You never know. Maybe Yamaha buyers will buy "old" Genos for 10 more years, but updates will get versions of Geons 2, Genos 3 ...

I thought they had sorted that out.

-Changes: When operating the on-screen knobs and vertical sliders, the first touch will not change the value immediately, but only select (focus) it.

This problem has been resolved, watch the video.

https://youtu.be/xUN6F1vN2L0
Watch my video channel

Offline pjd

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2019, 03:08:42 PM »
Well, I can confirm that v1.4 did not kill my Genos!  :)

I like the additional information on the Home page and whatever assignable functions were added. No additional assignables really stand out, however.
I do like the change to slider behavior.

Overall, I'm looking forward to improved stability. Yeah, I can prattle on about DSP parameters, YEM, etc. Yet, I'm very glad that Yamaha has made the strategic decision to offer updates for its flagship products. Thank you, Yamaha.

I will certainly miss Genos while it's packed away in storage. Big move coming up! I will ship the MODX ahead as that is my gig machine.

All the best -- pj

beykock

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2019, 03:35:17 PM »
Good luck with your big move, PJ !✊

BTW, if one owns a Genos + MODX a huge Genos update is not necessary, only a bug-fixing, right ?😺

Take care, Babette
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:40:34 PM by beykock »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »
Hi Uli,

No, no, no. We are talking about the next software update for Genos. Rumors say, that there will be another software update this year.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:25 PM »
This problem has been resolved, watch the video. https://youtu.be/xUN6F1vN2L0
Okay, I see the difference. The player can touch the slider portion anywhere on the screen but the value stays the same until he moves the rotary knob. What about the physical sliders!? I still wish they would just move when I move them!! How does this update address this issue?

On the whole, I don't see any value in Version 1.4 for the way I use my Genos. I won't bother with it - especially since you can't revert to Version 1.3. I've never heard of that in all the years I've been working with computers.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2019, 03:40:33 PM »
The list of those assignable function is in Reference Manual, Page 126.

Regards,
Vali

Would be interesting, whether there are new assignable functions.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

beykock

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »
Thanks, Uli, for your feedback.👍

I really wonder why Yamaha should announce a new Genos update for November 2019, the same day they are launching the newest update.
Hard to believe, I guess.😧

Yamaha are usually uploading updates for bug-fixing.
See history.
With the update of today it looks to be much larger than ever before.

Maybe most people were hoping the update of today should have looked like Korg's latest update but I would call that " a bridge too far " .

IMHO Yamaha have a complete different " Update Strategy ".

Kind regards, Babette
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:26:22 PM by beykock »

Online Wim NL

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2019, 04:10:49 PM »
With update 1.40
Still no acces to user styles in Song Record>Multi Record>Step Edit>Target

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43412.0.html
Best Regards,
Wim

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline ckobu

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2019, 04:21:58 PM »
Okay, I see the difference. The player can touch the slider portion anywhere on the screen but the value stays the same until he moves the rotary knob. What about the physical sliders!? I still wish they would just move when I move them!! How does this update address this issue?

On the whole, I don't see any value in Version 1.4 for the way I use my Genos. I won't bother with it - especially since you can't revert to Version 1.3. I've never heard of that in all the years I've been working with computers.

Physical skaters continue to work old. This can only be solved by automated sliders, therefore, only hardware changes.

You are right, best not to be burdened with v 1.4.  ;)
Watch my video channel

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2019, 04:27:45 PM »
Thanks, ckobu. I wondered how they were going to handle that. Totally crappy design if you ask me! Once again, there is no thought put into this for the gig players. Sliders that work in this fashion are fine for home playing - not the live stage!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
The problem with on-screen sliders and knobs was on of the greatest bugs in operating touch screen, and has been told by me last year directly to Yamaha. I had an unlisted video sent to Yamaha (and, as a good story, after a week it has already 8 or 9 views, so I think Yamaha engineers looked at it) with the incorrect working objects. When you pressed on-screen knob or sliders, the first touch was not only focus, it changed the value also. This was very bad thing when you used Compressor insert effect on Bass channel or Drums Channel, and you would to press on Output knob, because you could blow up your woofers. Now it is THE CORRECT approach, first is focus  and the second touch will change the value.

Great job for this bug-repair, Yamaha! One white ball from me! :D

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2019, 05:14:38 PM »
Physical skaters continue to work old. This can only be solved by automated sliders, therefore, only hardware changes.

You are right, best not to be burdened with v 1.4.  ;)

As a programmer, I know it can be done with this non-motorized sliders. They can read the value listed before moving the slider, and after that making proportional value change for the movement of slider ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »
Programmers are easy to do. But then the users would complain that they can not set the value to 0 or 127.  ;D
Watch my video channel

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
Hey!
....I am most disappointed in the way you handle MIDI files....

// Pierre

Agreed.  The Genos has the nice feature that you can delete, copy, transpose and move midi channels. ( I have done that to dozens of the excellent YAMAHA Soft  midi files.)   - I do admire those who have gone to the trouble of creating midi files and offer them here for free, but they are mostly created  using styles, and that just makes the YAMAHA Soft (some are ridiculously cheap)  a littele better.

But the implementation of customizing midi files is a good example  of the many less than perfect implementations on the Genos. (Every now and then I get so frustrated I go back to the Midifile Optimizer)

I once posted about this,  got many readers but no-body posted about problems encountered or solutions.

Some posters on this site  - it seems to me - believe using polished styles with  midi file like fantastic intros and endings  as as  a back ground is ok, but  using polished midi files as background for your melody playing and singing just shows you are not a competent player. That may be so. I for one am not able to change the tempo by pushing buttons, altering volume  by moving a slider changing style and playing somewhat complicated chord progressions and the melody at the same time.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
As a programmer, I know it can be done with this non-motorized sliders. They can read the value listed before moving the slider, and after that making proportional value change for the movement of slider ;)

Regards,
Vali

Have you seen how sliders work on the Roland Fantom G series?. I got a G6 just last week and they have some interesting trick so you can't accidentally move them.

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2019, 05:44:15 PM »

Some posters on this site  - it seems to me - believe using polished styles with  midi file like fantastic intros and endings  as as  a back ground is ok, but  using polished midi files as background for your melody playing and singing just shows you are not a competent player.
Cheers

Kaarlo

But I play guitar and pedal steel guitars with my midi files, can't be in two places at the same time.
What do I have for options other than playing with my midi files?

// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »

....On the whole, I don't see any value in Version 1.4 for the way I use my Genos.....

Dear Lee,  I am searching with a magnifying glass. :)  I will when the work is done list both improvements like the home page and what I believe still remains incredible (was listed here already),  you cannot put YOUR favorite styles into favorites, just the software programmers'  -  admittedly some are works of art -    styles. I have never understood how programming is done,  so maybe I am wrong, but it would seem that could not have been difficult to "repair"  which again makes you think (like Microsoft and so many others) YAMAHA does not care.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline jugge

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »
No, no, no. We are talking about the next software update for Genos. Rumors say, that there will be another software update this year.

I wonder if they did plan to bring additional features in this update, but later figured out they needed more time to implement them and decided to add them in a later update. Just speculation from my side, but who knows.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »
I wonder if they did plan to bring additional features in this update, but later figured out they needed more time to implement them and decided to add them in a later update. Just speculation from my side, but who knows.

I guess the key is that it is a x.1 update... Next will be a 1.x one and for sure will bring other features :)

Remember, 'the journey is not over for Genos' (Yamaha said)

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Seagull29

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »
Hello,
In fact, I ask myself a few questions:
1 / Does Yamaha listen to customers who buy their keyboard arrangers?
2 / Do they consider the owners of Genos as only amateurs or music players in their living room?
3 / will they do the same thing as with the Tyros 5, ie just minor changes pending the release of a new arranger keyboard, thus taking those who buy the latest version as "pigeons" "Even if the material is of quality?
4 / Finally, Genos will be the last arranger keyboard of the brand, either because the market is not what it was, either because they handle imagination in the face of competition, or because that the crenel is no longer carrier?
If there is an update in September, it will be interesting to be very important because the competition does not make a gift. It is only to see the last update of Pa4X Korg, otherwise more innovative and yet on a model that is already over 5 years!

Good luck for the Genos' owners !

Offline corsaman

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »
one but about this fix:

what about midi and styles, by playing a midi file or a style i want to search for the next file for the next song but after doing this with the scroll wheel the stupid software is starting the file automatically  ... almost Tyros has this feature ! Yamaha come on!!! fix this ISSUE!!!! if is possible to fix the touch screen focus then i expect also for the scroll wheel

Now 2x Genos 1 ....before: 2xYamaha Tyros 5,Tyros 4, PSR 1500,1100,1000, Roland E-38,Technics KN920 and Estrada AR207

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2019, 09:33:36 PM »
I am for one very happy with the update.  ;D
Like Abby said I did not expect anything.
Yamaha did exactly update what it said it would.
Nothing more nothing less.
It works as advertised.
All the speculations made people unhappy.
Yamaha did not make any promises beyond of what they say they would do.
I like the changes and are very happy with them.
First and foremost it still plays the same: Awesome styles and sounds.
Everything else is icing on the cake.
Could it be better? Of course. ...
Is there a perfect KB? No.
Perfect maybe for the individual. But not all.
I read many forums and the complainers are only a handful if you count them up.
I feel sorry for them, because no company will cater to the minorities.
Bugs need to be fixed. Of course.
I have been able to do gigs and awesome music since the PSR-8000.
No KB had it all, but I always found work arounds to do what I needed to do ...
Boy; have we come a long way ...  ;D
Who knows, maybe one day we will get all the features everybody wants ...
Ugawoga did not get 50 pounds, but mine makes a nice cup of espresso now (US Version  ;D ;D ;D)
Happy playing everybody. That's what I am going to do  ;D
Regards
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline StuartR

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2019, 10:25:35 PM »

Well it took Yamaha over a year to produce this update so I find it hard to believe that another significant one will be released in the next 6 months, unless if course it's already well into the works.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »
Like you Eric I am very happy with the update and like the sliders now as they seem much better to use.
  I guess there is a perfect system out there I think it is called a CD player. ;) :D

beykock

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »
The 1.4 Genos most comments are so different though.😋

Some people are pleased others are not.

Finally, many Genos owners, who sent their reaction today, are confirming they like their newest high end arranger - with or without the latest update 1.4 -.

Hopefully in 3 - 4 weeks from now, when all emotions are gone and people had the time to test the update 1.4 well, I would be grateful to hear if this update has brought what Yamaha have promised.

Herewith I'd like to thank all Genos owners for their comments of today.

Best wishes,
Babette
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:19:50 PM by beykock »

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
Like you Eric I am very happy with the update and like the sliders now as they seem much better to use.
  I guess there is a perfect system out there I think it is called a CD player. ;) :D

Good one Eileen  ;D
It gave me a good chuckle  ;D
Thanks
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline ckobu

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:54 PM »

I think they had enough time. The last update to the PRG file was 11. 06.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »

....It seems that all the other stuff are things that should have been there from day one......

I remember posters here claiming the Genos was perfect already when it  IMHO was unusable for gigging. 

I installed 1.4.  not understanding that unlike previous updates it was not reversible.  As a fact I like the new home page features and I  do not use pedals as I stand and have so far not found changes that would make me want to go back. But   

I repectfully claim removing features irreversibly  is  disrespectful to put it mildly.

and cannot help feeling that way just as I felt removing features when bringing to market a new top-model is not what one expects  (completely different animal).

I am looking forward to reading what excuses posters will come up with for inexcusable irreversible feature removal on a product you have paid for. Will it be, "Genos is the best keyboard ever created, if you do not like what they did to you,  sell it " ?

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2019, 11:36:18 PM »
When Genos first came out I was still gigging and used all my set ups I had on my Tyros 5. All went very well and I had no problems taking it out. Slowly I have changed some of the voices to the newer ones and changed a few styles but still use a few set ups from my Tyros 5. I have never had a problem and still enjoy my Genos. I am pleased with the update and find the sliders are working much better now and am pleased we can make the keyboard more into what we want with the addition of more assignable choices.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2019, 11:37:50 PM »
Hi
I cannot see how updating the Genos affects the use .
Updates are always for the better, but you have to adapt to a different way of thinking sometimes with updates
Having that extra memory for midi setups is great , because when i did a song and made a few movements and saved the to Genos, it ran out of memory, so i had to keep adjusting the mixer everytime i played the song. For recording to the Genos sequencer wave file, it was tricky before. You had to keep manually mixing. Now the extra memory and Cubase helps a lot.
The front screen is good and the programming of sliders cannot be bad.
It does not affect the previous use.
With the Genos for gigging i would think that you would have to pre plan everything as there is so much to consder.

All the Best
John  :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:39:28 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »
I don't know any KB on the market that is perfect or ever will be as our needs change.
However, a good friend of mine is still gigging with his trusted PSR-3000 full time.
I have never heard him complain.
He just makes music, puts on a killer show and supports his family.
I have gigged with many KB's. All have given me tremendous joy.
Sorry you find the Genos unusable for gigging.
Maybe you should look into other options as there are many out there.
Nobody can tell us what to buy or play.
Hopefully we make the best educated decision and go with it ....
At least it works for me.
Keep writing to Yamaha. They might listen.
They had meetings in Germany with users and listened.
Many things were implemented.
Who knows. Don't give up.  ;)
Regards
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

I installed 1.4.  not understanding that unlike previous updates it was not reversible. 

All you had to do was read the warning on the download page. That's why they put it there.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

augere50@gmail.com

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »
Hi Ladies and Gents,
     Hate to sound like an ingrate---but--Yamaha could have thrown in a couple of new styles and Registrations
Thanks Frank

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2019, 12:35:21 AM »
All you had to do was read the warning on the download page. That's why they put it there.

Cheers,
Fred

Yes Fred, you are right, I goofed,   :o  I overlooked the warning,  which did not cause me any problems in this case as for me 1.4. was an improvement. and what was removed did not matter to me.

I will have to be more careful and check there is not a sign at my  gas station saying

"Warning,  we will remove your battery  when you bring your car for the free oil change we offer"  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2019, 01:02:13 AM »
That's why you always carry a spare battery ...  ;D
Or was it a tire ...
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline franksboard

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2019, 02:00:23 AM »
Firmware upgrade will not go past step one.waited 30 minutes and only thing on screen is program installer

beykock

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2019, 06:25:49 AM »
Hi Abby :

It looks like you must have no fear to install the new update 1.4.

According to our experts like Eileen and others the update only makes your Genos a lot better than it ever was before.

Plse read their comments and you might be convinced.

Good luck !
Babette

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 07:20:01 AM by beykock »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
Hi franksboard,
  I would download the update again to your computer just incase the first download got corrupted. Once on your computer click to open folder and then you will see the file. Just highlight this and copy and then paste it to your USB. Of course make sure the USB stick you are using is good quality and has enough space on it to take the update.
  It must work because a lot of us have updated with no problems.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »
I have to sing and play every day, so I think I'll wait at least a month before installing this
update. To see how others are getting along with their update.
I can't afford to have something weird happening during a gig.

Yamaha, The Journey Continues.

Best Regards.
Abby.

The "Yamaha, The Journey Continues " statement above  was of course sarcasm.

Yesterday, at the last minute, I said to myself what the **** and installed the update
anyway.

The gig went without a hitch but now there is a huge kind of beat or tempo bar at the
top of the screen goingr from left to right that I find ugly and can't remove it.

I had already assigned a small discreet tempo display at the bottom of my screen.
The huge bar makes one look very amateur.

I appreciate that one can now touch the on screen buttons without making people jump
in fright or blowing ip your speakers.
The slider manipulation seems to have been improved too.

From what I have read, It seems a lot of the other stuff is related to Midi and Midifile users,
which is really not for me, as I never use Midifiles and never will.

Ibiza is full of Midifile users faking that they are actually playing, and I find that disgusting,
as it takes work away from real musicians who have spent decades, if not a lifetime,
training and perfecting their playing.

I don't understand why any self respecting musician would want to use these things
anyway.

I won't have time to look at whatever other features are there till next Wednesday when I
will have the evening off, so I can't comment on things that I haven't looked at yet.

My Genos and all my other gear stays in my car in the garage all week, except on my day
off, when I bring it inside.

Best Regards.
Abby.

Online reya

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »
.... - especially since you can't revert to Version 1.3. I've never heard of that in all the years I've been working with computers.

Well, in my IT career, I did come across situations where reverting to earlier software releases was not possible. It mainly had to do with changes beeing implemented in internal file or data structures of the O.S.
When installing the release that introduced those changes, a conversion process took place to change the structures from the old format to the new one.
If afterwards an older software version was installed again, then this old release was not able to read the new data structure format, causing it to fail to run.

Now I am wondering if maybe, just maybe Yamaha introduced changes in their internal file structures in this 1.4 update because they are needed for other, bigger functionality changes that will come in the next (rumoured) release of later this year....
They could of course have introduced the file structure changes and the functionality changes in one and the same software release, but maybe they decided to split it up into two updates in order to reduce complexity ....
I have seen that happen for this reason before ...

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets