A new update 1.4 has arrived

Started by ckobu, June 28, 2019, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valimaties

Quote from: beykock on June 28, 2019, 05:24:28 AM
EVERYBODY HAPPY ?

I may hope so !

Babette

NO Babette, because almost ALL important problems we complained here was NOT solved... "Good" to here that Voice Guide was updated! Come on Yamaha, it's a joke?!
Yes, they implement those labels and icons on home screen, we are pleased with this new interface. But the BIG important things they have to implement was not implemented.
That's my opinion!

Genos can, I really know it can, but they 1. don't know how to make it, or 2. don't want to implement them ;)  I, again, will choose second version ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

valimaties

Can anyone make a list with category and functions in assignable?

Thank you!

Vali Maties - Genos

StuartR

Quote from: DerekA on June 28, 2019, 05:25:40 AM
I've not tried it, but lots of models can display text files on their screen (via text/lyrics button). Not sure if there's a limit on the file size though.

I tried to use the Text file display on both the Tyros and Genos to display song tabs. It was a dismal failure due to lack of TAB support and font size limitations. And with the inherent screen glare possibilities of the fixed Genos display that screen would be unreadable in a lot of bright light situations.

beykock

I hear you are disappointed, am I right Vali ?

Does this 1.40 update not bring you what you have expected ?

If so, I feel very sorry. :'(

Babette

metcam

Quote from: valimaties on June 28, 2019, 05:36:29 AM

Genos can, I really know it can, but they 1. don't know how to make it, or 2. don't want to implement them ;)  I, again, will choose second version ;)

Of course they don't want. How than they will sale next keyboard?

Business  politics and not just Yamaha...everyone else.

So from my experience all that things will be in Genos2. That how was since psr-8000.........

Personally I didn't expect much with this update ...and GENERALY I am happy with my GENOS.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

JohnS (Ugawoga)

AHHH!!! "I am so dissapointed. I was expecting £50 note to come out of the USB socket. ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

stephenm52

Quote from: metcam on December 31, 1969, 07:26:01 PM

Personally I didn't expect much with this update ...and GENERALY I am happy with my GENOS.

Regards

Plus one!  

They should watch Korg and what Korg has done for a updates to the Pa4x.  Lots less hype from Korg but great upgrades.

valimaties

Quote from: beykock on June 28, 2019, 05:50:03 AM
I hear you are disappointed, am I right Vali ?

Does this 1.40 update not bring you what you have expected ?

If so, I feel very sorry. :'(

Babette

I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disapointed because one of my friends, which is Yamaha demonstrator, told me some functions which I want (this Style reset function) will be available in this update as assignable function. He told me other things they are, but I don't see till now. I really need to install it and see with my eyes, but I cannot right now because if they made some changes in what already I have done with my work, I cannot sing tomorrow... The most worst thing is that this OS is not downgradable, you cannot downgrade if there are problems, you have to dig with them till next update, which I really cannot right now.

Yes, metcam, I'm "in generally" happy with my Genos, too. But some of missing functions it keeps me down, I cannot work as it has to be... I'm just sorry they don't give Genos the power it was born with ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

EB5AGV

I don't know if you have seen this page, explaining some details:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html

I can't wait to check the new external display options, I hope it works with my USB adapter!

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Pianoman

Quote from: valimaties on June 28, 2019, 06:28:09 AM
I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disappointed

I really need to install it and see with my eyes, but I cannot right now because if they made some changes in what already I have done with my work, I cannot sing tomorrow... The most worst thing is that this OS is not downgradable, you cannot downgrade if there are problems, you have to dig with them till next update, which I really cannot right now.

Yes, metcam, I'm "in generally" happy with my Genos, too. But some of missing functions it keeps me down, I cannot work as it has to be... I'm just sorry they don't give Genos the power it was born with ;)

Regards,
Vali

I have to sing and play every day, so I think I'll wait at least a month before installing this
update. To see how others are getting along with their update.
I can't afford to have something weird happening during a gig.

Yamaha, The Journey Continues.

Best Regards.
Abby.

PierreSW

Hey!
I am most disappointed in the way you handle MIDI files.
When editing, Genos loses the MIDI file and you have to find it again and load again when you are done editing and saving the MIDI file is gone again,
Then you have to find the MIDI file again, and load again, incredibly difficult procedure.
In Tyros, the MIDI file remains, you do not have to look for it every time you have to edit

// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

valimaties

Quote from: valimaties on June 28, 2019, 05:43:48 AM
Can anyone make a list with category and functions in assignable?

Thank you!

The list of those assignable function is in Reference Manual, Page 126.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

voodoo

Quote from: PierreSW on June 28, 2019, 06:44:55 AM
Hey!
I am most disappointed in the way you handle MIDI files.
When editing, Genos loses the MIDI file and you have to find it again and load again when you are done editing and saving the MIDI file is gone again,
Then you have to find the MIDI file again, and load again, incredibly difficult procedure.
In Tyros, the MIDI file remains, you do not have to look for it every time you have to edit

// Pierre

I have to agree. Midi file handling is better even on PSR-S series. I hoped that this would be fixed.......
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

voodoo

I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disapointed because one of my friends, which is Yamaha demonstrator, told me some functions which I want (this Style reset function) will be available in this update as assignable function. He told me other things they are, but I don't see till now.

Vali,

I have the same information that some changes more are planned, including changes for YEM. If not in June, they are expected to come in November.

Perhaps this was only a pre release for marketing reasons, and more is to come.

However, I am happy with the Genos as it as. Everything more would be a bonus for me. So I am still relaxed. ;)

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Snicker740

Yamaha updates mainly fix issues that should not have been available at launch.
They hardly put any new features in (As Korg did with Pa4x).
I guess maybe they don't want to take time to re-compile all Manual if they add new features. Haha
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

EB5AGV

Keep moaning, I will enjoy my updated Genos instead  ;)
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

voodoo

Quote from: pchan on June 28, 2019, 03:51:21 AM
With 1.40, I can't use Foot Pedal to switch On/Off my LEFT VOICE. Please let me know if I have missed something...

After comparing the reference manuals:

* It seems to be possible with 1.30 (Right 1–3, Left Part On/Off, assignable to pedal and button),
* but not with 1.40 (Part On/Off, assignable only to button).

So why do they do this?

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

metcam

Regards,
Vali

I am with you Vali and I can understan you 100%. Just from my experience from past ......All this will happen on Genos2.  I am wish I am wrong.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

elad770

Ok! Wow, a lot to say

First, I will start by saying that I'm
Not updating my Genos now!
For starters,  it seems that few members are experiencing new features but with the cost of other features being removed ( like the foot pedal switch mentioned)

I need more time and research to see if this update
Is worth the update but most importantly if it doesn't have
A bug or a feature I don't like. REMEMBER!
As it stated here: this is not a Firmware type i can just reverse
So, why to take the chance.

Amazingly! One thing that was mentioned here is the most
Critical thing for me : to be able to reset the MEASURE
Not the tempo.

What I often love doing when I play a song is to download
The Acapella version with only the singer and accompanying
Him with my keyboard.  Often , the singer changes his measure for a slight second.  Since the Keyboard measure the bit like a Robot and not as an actual Band the Measure is
Off. The tempo is still correct but the measure and the timing
Of instruments played is off. So , as mentioned above
I found my self using Stop/sync button all the time
To adjust to the singer. This is ANNOYING!
Having a button that simply reset it is an absolute
Must for me at this point!
It seems that all the other stuff are things
That should have been there from day one
Korg came out with an update that truly added features
And fixed some things around but I'm not sure about
This one.......

valimaties

Vali Maties - Genos

elad770

Quote from: valimaties on June 28, 2019, 08:10:52 AM
:-*  ;D

And Yes! Thank you for reminding me that it was you who mention that!!
I care less about tempo reset.  I only care about measure reset! The only thing I need when it comes to tempo is the ability to program the tempo behavior in the middle of the song. Not by pressing a button and radically change the tempo but to gradually increase or decrease by predetermined set up. That's a feature!

beykock

Hi Uli,

Sorry I am confused. :o

Do you mean the Genos2 will be launched in November 2019 ?
See : Tyros3 story.
The T3 arranger keyboard came in 2008 and has been upgraded in 2010 : Tyros4.

IMHO the S775 and S975 successors would come first, right ? ;)
These 2 new S-arrangers might be on the market as of November 2019, who knows ?

Best wishes, Babette

GrantB

UNDERWHELMED AM I

Wow after all the hype including the video (which cost a few dollars) I am less than impress with the so called upgrade.

Yup, there are some corrections but very few and nothing for me to really shout about.

So I shall forget all about it and get on playing with what is still a great arranger.

Cheers all

Grant

elad770

Quote from: metcam on June 28, 2019, 07:58:50 AM
I am with you Vali and I can understan you 100%. Just from my experience from past ......All this will happen on Genos2.  I am wish I am wrong.

Regards

I must say: Feature and Function are two different things!

From what I see all the members are talking about features that can be easily created by Software Code - That is, something you update through a firmware update.

A function is something that will require also a Hardware makeover or a change and I agree that this is where a new model will come in. I truly dont see Genos 2 anytime soon because its functioning is awsome and I dont think theres a justification for a new Genos. People are hardly discovering all its functionality. But again , certain features MUST be updated. In fact, I have and Idea ! A brilliant idea which I hope to get a positive response over. I will open a new thread

ckobu

Quote from: beykock on June 28, 2019, 08:16:35 AM
Hi Uli,

Sorry I am confused. :o

Do you mean the Genos2 will be launched in November 2019 ?
See : Tyros3 story.
The T3 arranger keyboard came in 2008 and has been upgraded in 2010 : Tyros4.

IMHO the S775 and S975 successors would come first, right ? ;)
These 2 new S-arrangers might be on the market as of November 2019, who knows ?

Best wishes, Babette

he was thinking about Korg PA5x ... if it happened then ...  ;D
Watch my video channel

Enildo

Quote from: ckobu on June 28, 2019, 02:24:58 AM
here it is finally
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html?fbclid=IwAR0KFruAhKoT8jQdRGqsvNOvthye0wP7bz1JBIZLG4frMRHgIOF4agx_7zs

So many problems fixed, I'm worried about the new PSR line, when they say it will be a "Genos Jr."...
Will there be many problems to be corrected as well?
At the launch of Genos I alerted to this and I was misunderstood by some of the group's companions.
I do not want to be "ungrateful" with yamaha, congratulations to the new update, so I've seen a lot repaired.
I'm just disappointed that simple things will still continue to give you a headache.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Tankdave

Very Sad with this, does nothing for me at all.

I was rather hoping they would fix the H/W sliders so when you touch them, they would NOT jump to the value they physically sitting at but adjust from the S/W value.

Sliders are just the same  :(

ckobu

Sliders are doing well now. The first touch only indicates the area, and the value is changed later.
Watch my video channel

Enildo

Quote from: Tankdave on June 28, 2019, 08:42:37 AM
Very Sad with this, does nothing for me at all.

I was rather hoping they would fix the H/W sliders so when you touch them, they would NOT jump to the value they physically sitting at but adjust from the S/W value.

Sliders are just the same  :(

I thought they had sorted that out.

-Changes: When operating the on-screen knobs and vertical sliders, the first touch will not change the value immediately, but only select (focus) it.
When word fail, Music speaks!

beykock

Hi Ckobu :

If the PA5X should be launched in November 2019, as you said ...
then a Genos2 might come much sooner than expected, I guess, to avoid Yamaha customers should run away, right ?
😰

Babette