Author Topic: A new update 1.4 has arrived  (Read 29437 times)

Offline ckobu

A new update 1.4 has arrived
« on: June 28, 2019, 07:57:14 AM »
Here it is ...

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html

On the main party it is written 1.4 but the link still leads to the old version 1.3 :o

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:02:21 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline frozzers

Re: A new update 1.4 has arrived
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »
That links to v1.30 ....

Cheers

Chris

EDIT - Ah I see what happened. It must be imminent.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:02:58 AM by frozzers »

Offline loendersloot

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
Is now available. :)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
Its not available.... The link its from 1.30 and not working.... Only the Audio Phraser 1.0.1 is available...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:21:05 AM by Sokratis1974 »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 08:21:42 AM »
Now Yamaha will edit it, a little patience.  ;D

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 08:24:58 AM »
here it is finally
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html?fbclid=IwAR0KFruAhKoT8jQdRGqsvNOvthye0wP7bz1JBIZLG4frMRHgIOF4agx_7zs

[V1.30 to V1.40]

-Some information displays have been added to the Home display.

-Many additional functions have been included for assignment to individual controllers on the Live Control display and the Assignable display.

-You can now see the result of operations of the ASSIGNABLE buttons via the pop-up window.

-It is now possible to output to an external display by connecting a commercially USB-display adapter. For details on the supported device list, download from the "Downloads" tab on the product site.

-You can now select the content displayed on the external display, from the Utility display.

-Changes: The maximum capacity per file of MIDI Song has been expanded to about 3 MB.

-Changes: Disabled switching between Dual Player mode and Song List mode during Song playback.

-Changes: Changed the buttons for display/operation on the Song List mode to the SONG B buttons instead of the SONG A buttons.

-Changes: The font settings on the Lyrics display and the Text display are backed up and retained even after the power is turned off.

-Changes: The "Song" item which can be selected on the Registration Memory window is divided into "MIDI Song" and "Audio Song."

-Changes: When operating the on-screen knobs and vertical sliders, the first touch will not change the value immediately, but only select (focus) it.

-Changes: The Voice Guide function supports display changes of this version. Please download the latest Voice Guide file from the product site for the additional sounds to work properly.

-Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Audio Section of Audio Style would not play back.

-Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, an Audio Song longer than 80 minutes would not play correctly.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when playing back a specific MIDI Song.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument response would slow down when certain Preset Wallpaper settings were selected.

-Fixed a problem in which Initial Touch On/Off settings would not function properly when calling up a specific Registration Memory.

-Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Registration Freeze function would not work properly.

-Fixed a problem in which certain Music Finder Record files of Tyros series could not be imported.

-Fixed a problem in which the Panel Sustain parameter seems to have an effect on the Left part because the Panel Sustain can be edited on the Voice Edit display for the Left part.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when executing Search.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when changing the mode of Wireless LAN.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when the pop-up window is closed in certain situations.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when saving a file in certain situations.

-Fixed a problem in which characters would occasionally not be displayed correctly.

-Fixed other problems.

* The previous firmware version cannot be restored after updating the firmware to this version.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:26:57 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 08:29:42 AM »
Someone once said: No hope will not disappoint.
The 1.4 update does not bring much new, but just what should have been on Genos since its release.
What I most expect is YEM, there is no update.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline reya

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 08:35:23 AM »
Someone once said: No hope will not disappoint.
The 1.4 update does not bring much new, but just what should have been on Genos since its release.

Indeed!
That is exactly my feeling too!
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »
* The previous firmware version cannot be restored after updating the firmware to this version.

Seems I have to wait for users feedback... I have every weekend gigs, saturday and sunday. If something's happening with this OS, it may become unresponsive to and I "blow up" all the gigs I have...

PS: Could someone who updated it to tel us if Tempo Reset function is included in assignable functions to the buttons?! Tnx

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »
And I have the same problem with playing this weekend. However, I went to a small risk and made Update.  8)
Tempo Reset can be added to customizable buttons.
Now we have Style Tempo Lock / Reset, Style Tempo Hold / Reset.

https://youtu.be/5HVLrLvMQYo
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 09:48:00 AM »
They really don't understand what means Tempo Reset function on other brands, implemented about 10 years ago!

Tempo reset does not mean to reset tempo to initial tempo of style, but to retrigger the first beat of the first measure when you press that button....

***, I don't believe they didn't understood that. I think they have to buy some other brands to understand how that function works ...

LOL...

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline pchan

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 09:51:21 AM »
With 1.40, I can't use Foot Pedal to switch On/Off my LEFT VOICE. Please let me know if I have missed something...

Offline StuartR

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 09:58:43 AM »
Here's something we haven't seen before on Genos. Looks like this update is irreversible! Has this ever been the case on the Tyros updates?

"* The previous firmware version cannot be restored after updating the firmware to this version."

Offline StuartR

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »
I wonder if all changes made to multiple DSPs will now be saved in a registration rather than just the last change made?

Offline ckobu

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
They really don't understand what means Tempo Reset function on other brands, implemented about 10 years ago!

Tempo reset does not mean to reset tempo to initial tempo of style, but to retrigger the first beat of the first measure when you press that button....

***, I don't believe they didn't understood that. I think they have to buy some other brands to understand how that function works ...

LOL...

A more proper name would be Measure reset because Tempo reset is what Yamaha already has. You can easily use SYNC START. Singers who do not know where their first time in the show is to go back to the music school.  ;)
Watch my video channel

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
I wrote on the 22nd of June on the other thread regarding the update,
" Expect nothing and you shall never be disappointed "

Best Regards,

Abby.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 10:18:46 AM »
I wonder if all changes made to multiple DSPs will now be saved in a registration rather than just the last change made?

You think, this is what Yamaha meant by "-Fixed other problems." ?  ;D
Regards, Michael

Offline DerekA

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 10:18:57 AM »

is there not already a 'style retrigger' function on the live control? (There was on S770 so I'd expect it on Genos)
Genos

The following users thanked this post: jwyvern

Offline ckobu

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »

No, only the last edited DSP is remembered.
Watch my video channel

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 10:21:09 AM »
I wrote on the 22nd of June on the other thread regarding the update,
" Expect nothing and you shall never be disappointed "

I wrote the same on 01-06-2019. Anyone else ?  ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Michael

Offline valimaties

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
A more proper name would be Measure reset because Tempo reset is what Yamaha already has. You can easily use SYNC START. Singers who do not know where their first time in the show is to go back to the music school.  ;)

This function is implemented on Tap Tempo/Reset button in Korg, I think from PA50/80, I don't know exactly... I didn't invented it, it already exists on the market!
Sync Start is very hard to use it on a high tempo style, so it's not a solution.
Yes, indeed, is a bad expression of me, because is "Tap Tempo" and "Reset"! So it is "Reset" button. My apologize!

It's not about only the singers, there are songs which have something like 5 or 6 beat in the last measure before fill. It's not only the singer. It's about entertaining, also, if someone came to us to speak with us in realtime playing, we have to reset the style to the first beat to be where it has to be at the moment which singer starts... Also, there are gigs where people came and sing with us, which are not musical prepared, and they don't really know how to keep the beat of style, so we need that Reset function.

But we have to live with that little changes one or two years more, didn't we?!  :-\

:'(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:32:17 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
No, only the last edited DSP is remembered.

Sad... :-X

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 10:39:18 AM »

But we have to live with that little changes one or two years more, didn't we?!  :-\

:'(

I agree with you, the market is open. In the people we are told, if there is anything, it can do without it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:41:24 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
is there not already a 'style retrigger' function on the live control? (There was on S770 so I'd expect it on Genos)

Yes I think it is, but it is implemented to play like in the next beat, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 , 32 ... It splits style measure ... its hard to use it...
Really, its very simple a button to retriger first beat! What is so difficult?! Pfffffff

:(

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:09 AM »
I just noticed that the User and Reference manuals are available in text file format. I hadn't noticed that before. The manuals are broken up into files for each manual chapter. I wonder if these could be usefully displayed via the Genos text file display (although without any inherent search capability)?

In any event it appears the text file versions reflect the previous D0 manual revisions rather than the current E0 versions.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:24 AM »
Yes, because I don't think they had time to reupload the new version of text files. Some couple of hours ago, the link of pdf version gives me d0 version, which BTW, was the version for 1.20 OS version!
You have to wait, and I'm sure they will post new e0 version in text format too. And yes, I think that is purpose of those txt files, to load on Genos, to be able to look for, even the search functionality is unavailable!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 11:19:23 AM »
So.. The desynchronisation problem of the User Audio Styles (with Audio Phraser) has been corrected to a quite acceptable degree, but not quite fully because the fills and the break don't play in time quite yet.
Also It is still impossible edit another effect on the same channel in Assing Part Setting.
And of course not update in YEM...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:20:29 AM by Sokratis1974 »

The following users thanked this post: Snicker740

beykock

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »
EVERYBODY HAPPY ?

I may hope so !

Babette

Offline DerekA

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 11:25:40 AM »
wonder if these could be usefully displayed via the Genos text file display

I've not tried it, but lots of models can display text files on their screen (via text/lyrics button). Not sure if there's a limit on the file size though.
Genos

Offline pchan

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 11:27:57 AM »
I am not happy. With 1.40, I can't use Foot Pedal to switch On/Off my LEFT VOICE. Please let me know if I have missed something...

Offline valimaties

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »
EVERYBODY HAPPY ?

I may hope so !

Babette

NO Babette, because almost ALL important problems we complained here was NOT solved... "Good" to here that Voice Guide was updated! Come on Yamaha, it's a joke?!
Yes, they implement those labels and icons on home screen, we are pleased with this new interface. But the BIG important things they have to implement was not implemented.
That's my opinion!

Genos can, I really know it can, but they 1. don't know how to make it, or 2. don't want to implement them ;)  I, again, will choose second version ;)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:42:11 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
Can anyone make a list with category and functions in assignable?

Thank you!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »
I've not tried it, but lots of models can display text files on their screen (via text/lyrics button). Not sure if there's a limit on the file size though.

I tried to use the Text file display on both the Tyros and Genos to display song tabs. It was a dismal failure due to lack of TAB support and font size limitations. And with the inherent screen glare possibilities of the fixed Genos display that screen would be unreadable in a lot of bright light situations.

beykock

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2019, 11:50:03 AM »
I hear you are disappointed, am I right Vali ?

Does this 1.40 update not bring you what you have expected ?

If so, I feel very sorry. :'(

Babette

Offline metcam

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »

Genos can, I really know it can, but they 1. don't know how to make it, or 2. don't want to implement them ;)  I, again, will choose second version ;)

Of course they don't want. How than they will sale next keyboard?

Business  politics and not just Yamaha...everyone else.

So from my experience all that things will be in Genos2. That how was since psr-8000...……

Personally I didn't expect much with this update ...and GENERALY I am happy with my GENOS.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »
AHHH!!! "I am so dissapointed. I was expecting £50 note to come out of the USB socket. ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2019, 12:10:31 PM »

Personally I didn't expect much with this update ...and GENERALY I am happy with my GENOS.

Regards

Plus one!  

They should watch Korg and what Korg has done for a updates to the Pa4x.  Lots less hype from Korg but great upgrades.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline valimaties

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 12:28:09 PM »
I hear you are disappointed, am I right Vali ?

Does this 1.40 update not bring you what you have expected ?

If so, I feel very sorry. :'(

Babette

I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disapointed because one of my friends, which is Yamaha demonstrator, told me some functions which I want (this Style reset function) will be available in this update as assignable function. He told me other things they are, but I don't see till now. I really need to install it and see with my eyes, but I cannot right now because if they made some changes in what already I have done with my work, I cannot sing tomorrow... The most worst thing is that this OS is not downgradable, you cannot downgrade if there are problems, you have to dig with them till next update, which I really cannot right now.

Yes, metcam, I'm "in generally" happy with my Genos, too. But some of missing functions it keeps me down, I cannot work as it has to be... I'm just sorry they don't give Genos the power it was born with ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:31:28 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »
I don't know if you have seen this page, explaining some details:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html

I can't wait to check the new external display options, I hope it works with my USB adapter!

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2019, 12:42:29 PM »
I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disappointed

I really need to install it and see with my eyes, but I cannot right now because if they made some changes in what already I have done with my work, I cannot sing tomorrow... The most worst thing is that this OS is not downgradable, you cannot downgrade if there are problems, you have to dig with them till next update, which I really cannot right now.

Yes, metcam, I'm "in generally" happy with my Genos, too. But some of missing functions it keeps me down, I cannot work as it has to be... I'm just sorry they don't give Genos the power it was born with ;)

Regards,
Vali

I have to sing and play every day, so I think I'll wait at least a month before installing this
update. To see how others are getting along with their update.
I can't afford to have something weird happening during a gig.

Yamaha, The Journey Continues.

Best Regards.
Abby.

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
Hey!
I am most disappointed in the way you handle MIDI files.
When editing, Genos loses the MIDI file and you have to find it again and load again when you are done editing and saving the MIDI file is gone again,
Then you have to find the MIDI file again, and load again, incredibly difficult procedure.
In Tyros, the MIDI file remains, you do not have to look for it every time you have to edit

// Pierre
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:49:15 PM by PierreSW »
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2019, 12:45:56 PM »
Can anyone make a list with category and functions in assignable?

Thank you!

The list of those assignable function is in Reference Manual, Page 126.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: tangothomas

Offline voodoo

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
Hey!
I am most disappointed in the way you handle MIDI files.
When editing, Genos loses the MIDI file and you have to find it again and load again when you are done editing and saving the MIDI file is gone again,
Then you have to find the MIDI file again, and load again, incredibly difficult procedure.
In Tyros, the MIDI file remains, you do not have to look for it every time you have to edit

// Pierre

I have to agree. Midi file handling is better even on PSR-S series. I hoped that this would be fixed.......
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:04:22 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
I'm not the only one, Babette... I'm disapointed because one of my friends, which is Yamaha demonstrator, told me some functions which I want (this Style reset function) will be available in this update as assignable function. He told me other things they are, but I don't see till now.

Vali,

I have the same information that some changes more are planned, including changes for YEM. If not in June, they are expected to come in November.

Perhaps this was only a pre release for marketing reasons, and more is to come.

However, I am happy with the Genos as it as. Everything more would be a bonus for me. So I am still relaxed. ;)

Uli
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:03:43 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
Yamaha updates mainly fix issues that should not have been available at launch.
They hardly put any new features in (As Korg did with Pa4x).
I guess maybe they don't want to take time to re-compile all Manual if they add new features. Haha
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2019, 01:05:54 PM »
Keep moaning, I will enjoy my updated Genos instead  ;)
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Offline voodoo

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2019, 01:17:31 PM »
With 1.40, I can't use Foot Pedal to switch On/Off my LEFT VOICE. Please let me know if I have missed something...

After comparing the reference manuals:

* It seems to be possible with 1.30 (Right 1–3, Left Part On/Off, assignable to pedal and button),
 * but not with 1.40 (Part On/Off, assignable only to button).

So why do they do this?

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: Pauljones, pchan

Offline metcam

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »

Regards,
Vali

I am with you Vali and I can understan you 100%. Just from my experience from past ......All this will happen on Genos2.  I am wish I am wrong.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline elad770

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2019, 02:08:08 PM »
Ok! Wow, a lot to say

First, I will start by saying that I'm
Not updating my Genos now!
For starters,  it seems that few members are experiencing new features but with the cost of other features being removed ( like the foot pedal switch mentioned)

I need more time and research to see if this update
Is worth the update but most importantly if it doesn't have
A bug or a feature I don't like. REMEMBER!
As it stated here: this is not a Firmware type i can just reverse
So, why to take the chance.

Amazingly! One thing that was mentioned here is the most
Critical thing for me : to be able to reset the MEASURE
Not the tempo.

What I often love doing when I play a song is to download
The Acapella version with only the singer and accompanying
Him with my keyboard.  Often , the singer changes his measure for a slight second.  Since the Keyboard measure the bit like a Robot and not as an actual Band the Measure is
Off. The tempo is still correct but the measure and the timing
Of instruments played is off. So , as mentioned above
I found my self using Stop/sync button all the time
To adjust to the singer. This is ANNOYING!
Having a button that simply reset it is an absolute
Must for me at this point!
It seems that all the other stuff are things
That should have been there from day one
Korg came out with an update that truly added features
And fixed some things around but I'm not sure about
This one.......

Offline valimaties

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »
 :-*  ;D

Vali Maties - Genos