Author Topic: Few Playlist questions...  (Read 6416 times)

alfaholic

Few Playlist questions...
« on: June 20, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

With Music Finder on Tyros and PSR registrations are independent from MF so while selecting a song from MF 8 registrations are ready to be used right away, and with just one press of a button there is another 8 and so on. This has its own limitations, but it works very well and very fast.

Genos does not have Music Finder anymore so everything needs to go through Playlists which I find very frustrating and limiting. So I have two questions (for now):

1. Is it possible to select a song from a Playlist but without automatically loading 10 registrations?
2. Is it possible for Playlist to show all the songs alphabetically?

Thanks...

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Few Playlist questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 01:18:40 AM »
Hello everyone,

With Music Finder on Tyros and PSR registrations are independent from MF so while selecting a song from MF 8 registrations are ready to be used right away, and with just one press of a button there is another 8 and so on. This has its own limitations, but it works very well and very fast.

Genos does not have Music Finder anymore so everything needs to go through Playlists which I find very frustrating and limiting. So I have two questions (for now):

1. Is it possible to select a song from a Playlist but without automatically loading 10 registrations?
2. Is it possible for Playlist to show all the songs alphabetically?

1. No. A playlist loads a registration bank. It's designed for people who have one bank per song.
2. Not unless you create it in alphabetical order. An option you have is to get Excel to do it for you, as a playlist is just a TSV (tab separated value) file.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

alfaholic

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 08:03:19 AM »
Thanks. One step forward, two steps back. Really do not see the reason to kill MF for Playlists, and not have them together.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
Thanks. One step forward, two steps back. Really do not see the reason to kill MF for Playlists, and not have them together.

It’s simpler, more understandable, and works for the vast majority of users who have one registration per song.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:05:16 PM »
1. No. A playlist loads a registration bank. It's designed for people who have one bank per song.
2. Not unless you create it in alphabetical order. An option you have is to get Excel to do it for you, as a playlist is just a TSV (tab separated value) file.

Cheers,
Fred

What?! :D
I don't think this is the answer. You implement in his mind only a way of using registrations and playlist, which is not correct!

1. I don't use one registration bank for a song, I use one registration in a bank for a song, so I have 10 songs in a registration bank ;) , because I use OTS to change instruments. OTS are stored in Styles, so if registrations are not working, for various things, I can simply select the style and I have all I need in that style. YES, indeed, registrations are more powerful, but I use it in this way. Most of settings (EQ, DSPs, etc I make it and save it directly in style)
EVERY playlist record can load one registration memory from one registration bank. So you can assign in a playlist, for example, 7 registrations from a registration bank, 4 from another, and so on... it is NOT limited to one registration memory from a registration bank. Because, the playlist was made to be able to automatically load and use records from banks, it's simple.

2. Yes, there are some software, like Microsoft Excel which loads those tsv files, or to use my software, Genos Playlist Worker, to load one or combine multiple playlists, and sort them by song name or registration name, to add manually records from other registration banks which you have on your PC/USB/Other devices, easily. It's more easy to use GPW than excel, because those functions implemented make your job to be quickly and safely!

There are solutions   ::)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 11:20:07 PM »
If I understand correctly, @alfaholic wants to have the functions that existed in the Music Finder. He wants every Playlist to call only one registration and playlists to be alphabetically. All this will get when the old MF records in Genosa. Each MF record will be created as one BANK with only one registration and the Playlist will be created by alphabet. So the answer to both of his questions is affirmative.

MF has a search that does not exist in Playlists in the same way. But if you use Search in Banks and Registries, the effect will be the same as in MF.
So the Playlist is not two steps back than it is two steps ahead.
Watch my video channel

Antonio

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
What?! :D
I don't think this is the answer. You implement in his mind only a way of using registrations and playlist, which is not correct!

1. I don't use one registration bank for a song, I use one registration in a bank for a song, so I have 10 songs in a registration bank ;) , because I use OTS to change instruments. OTS are stored in Styles, so if registrations are not working, for various things, I can simply select the style and I have all I need in that style. YES, indeed, registrations are more powerful, but I use it in this way. Most of settings (EQ, DSPs, etc I make it and save it directly in style)
EVERY playlist record can load one registration memory from one registration bank. So you can assign in a playlist, for example, 7 registrations from a registration bank, 4 from another, and so on... it is NOT limited to one registration memory from a registration bank. Because, the playlist was made to be able to automatically load and use records from banks, it's simple.

2. Yes, there are some software, like Microsoft Excel which loads those tsv files, or to use my software, Genos Playlist Worker, to load one or combine multiple playlists, and sort them by song name or registration name, to add manually records from other registration banks which you have on your PC/USB/Other devices, easily. It's more easy to use GPW than excel, because those functions implemented make your job to be quickly and safely!

There are solutions   ::)

Regards,
Vali

That's right ! Correct.  !!!!!  :) :) :) :)

Regards 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 05:57:08 PM by Antonio »