Author Topic: Assignable Buttons and Pedals with Registrations - Arghhhhhh...  (Read 4863 times)

Offline dh110953

OK...this is one of those where forward planning may have helped. I have had the Genos for  12 months and in that time have compiled a list of about 200 registrations - all with about 5 or 6 (or more) registration buttons configured for. When I save each registration button and bank I used the Genos Default Settings - which means that a: Assignable Button F is "not assigned" and that the foot pedal 1 is used as a fill. All this was OK when I did not use these assignable buttons and did not have a foot pedal but since I have added these its all gone pear shaped.

My default setting is that Pedal 1 is used as a Sustain and that I have assigned Button F as a Fade Out - this works fine until I then select a registration bank at which point button F is no not assigned and the foot pedal no longer works as a sustain but as a fill in.

I order to correct this I have to load my registration, then go in a change the Button F and also the Foot Pedal settings, this is several presses on the touch screen and is very time consuming and frustrating as not only do I have to do it for each registration bank (song) but each button in that bank, so with over 200 registration banks each with upwards of 5 settings that means have to make the changes over 1,000 times - NIGHTMARE. Wish I had know this when I first stated using the Genos

So, question: Is there a simpler and quicker way of doing this so that my preferred setting stay as I want them (F = Fade Out and Pedal 1 = Sustain) or is there a way I can prevent the registration changing my Assignable Button and Pedal Settings when I select or change registrations.  If not, I suspect I have several hours of mind numbing frustration ahead of me to change each and every registration individually.

I have since set up my save so as not to save these setting (unchecked the boxes).

Hope someone out there much smarter than me can help.

Thanks

David

Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline EileenL

Re: Assignable Buttons and Pedals with Registrations - Arghhhhhh...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 10:20:20 PM »
You must decide at the time of making a bank just what you want it to do and set it up before saving.

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline murrayb

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »
David:

You can use my program to make changes to assignable buttons in batch.

Set up one bank the way you want it, then use the duplicator to update your other banks.

Cheers,

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline dh110953

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:30:38 AM »
Murray, Thank you. I have just downloaded your program but don't think its compatible with my Macbook Pro, is your program just Windows as I only have Apple. If only Windows, it not a problem as I can alway ask my son or daughter when they visit next to bring their laptops and use theirs. Thanks again.

Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline murrayb

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
Sorry David, it's a Windows program.

It has been run on Apple using Oracle virtual machine loaded with a copy of Windows, but it's a tedious arrangement.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html