Author Topic: Volume Difference  (Read 6217 times)

John W

Volume Difference
« on: June 18, 2019, 12:43:06 PM »
New PSR-S775 Hi...why is there such an annoying and drastic difference in volume between a Style & Parts 1 & 2

John

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Volume Difference
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 12:50:51 PM »
You mean the style variation.

A. is the least aggressive
Going up to D is the highest. 

There are two ways to fix it.
Use the Mixing Console, Lower the Individual Channels volume. And Save it as a Registration. 

Or Use Style Creator,,,
Use the Similar process. ( Mixing Console)

Note,
Main A to D and Fill ins have separate Volumes .

Same would work for the Intros and Ending.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:20:15 PM »
Do you mean the volume balance between the styles, and the R1/R2 voices.

You can assign style/voice balance to one of the two assignable knobs, then it's easy to rebalance live as you need to.
Genos

John W

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
Right out of the box...Style volume 100 and P1&2 100 BUT style is much louder.

John W

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »
Yes I mean the volume balance between the styles, and the R1/R2 voices sorry.

Thanks, John

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »
Hi John,

please be sure that the Modulation Wheel is turned fully DOWN (to minimum), because the volume of some voices decreases by turning the Mod Wheel upwards.

If you have connected a Volume Pedal (FC7), you could disconnect it temporarily to check if the pedal affects the volume of the Right1/2 parts.

You can also set the Style Volume to a lower value (e. g. 90 or 80) to have "more power" for the Right1/2 parts. Changing the OTS (One Touch Settings) does NOT affect the current value of the Style Volume.

If a particular voice is "too quiet", you can go to the "Voice Set" and alter the "Volume" and/or "Touch Sense" parameters there. (Please refer to S775 Reference Manual, pages 15/16, for this.) You can save these changes as a new Voice ("User Voice") or to a Registration.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:19:00 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 06:24:06 PM »
I still recommend using one of the assignable knobs, because it's the simplest way to adjust things on the fly as you go along.
Genos

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 12:39:41 AM »
Hi john,
you have a "Touch" button on your keyboard.
If you disable that you will see that the volumes of the right hand voices are now radically increased.
Press the Direct Access button and then the Touch button to see the options for the touch button when you will have it enabled.

Online Enildo

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:44 PM »
Hello John

Parts R1 and R2 are used to make introductions, solos, and arrangement of songs in general.
After the introduction, a solo or arrangement if you wish can decrease the volume of your R1 or R2 voice.
The voices R1 and R2 can not be in the same volume as the tracks of the style, for one obvious question,
they have to stand out from the others. It's up to you to lower the volumes if you want to play with them at lower volume.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 03:28:58 AM »
I discovered the same phenomena when I first purchased my S-950. After some adjustment with the global EQ the problem was solved.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Adam775

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 12:46:13 PM »
After some adjustment with the global EQ the problem was solved.

Can you please elaborate on this? I've just got my S775 and I'm not happy with default volumes. All the acoustic pianos sound especially dull in my opinion.

Adam