Author Topic: Making Ch 9 play on Midi Ch 10 & thus Dble my drums on S910 How ??  (Read 7036 times)

dont811

Hello, I know my S910 may be 'old' to many yet, it's MY iconic, lovable keyboard bought & paid for.  Some of my 3rd party styles have week drums or else I feel the need to get more percussion on my Ch 10 DRUMS. On my ancient Roland sound canvas all I had to do was press ANY channel button & switch it to my heart's desire. Here, I'm lost or @ least I've forgotten a lot. Thanks for your time. Regards, Don 6-16-19  11:15 am EST

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Making Ch 9 play on Midi Ch 10 & thus Dble my drums on S910 How ??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
You want to Copy and Paste the Drum Track from CH 9 to CH 10?
Is this a Song ( Midi) or Style ?

Your current process removes the Sound that was on Ch 10??
You need help to Boost the Drums on CH 10?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 12:18:47 AM »
Yamaha styles already use channels 9 and 10 for drums, so I think you should be able to load a style into the Style Creator-- or MixMaster-- and change the drum kit or kits assigned to those channels, as well as turn up the channel volumes or individual Note (drum beat) volumes.

The following users thanked this post: Kobus

Online Joe H

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 01:55:35 AM »
Hi Don,

What you want to do can be a little tricky and a lot of work.  There are a couple of BIG considerations to merge the channel 9 drums with the channel 10 drums.

1. Firstly... are the drum kits the same; if not then there will be a problem with playback when you copy ch9 drums to ch10 drums.

2. Second... Are the two channels set to the same Volume? If not you will have to adjust the volume on ch9 drums to match channel 10 drums. If the volume is different after you do that, then you will need to adjust the (global) Note Velocity up or down by a percentage for ch9 to match the Volume of ch10 drums.

3. If both drum channels are using the same drum kit and once you have the right volume balance for both channels, then you can copy channel 9 to channel 10. But I'm talking about ALL 15 Style Sections!

This can be done in MixMaster, but it's my opinion that you can do these operations much easier and faster with the StyleMagic software.

But there is another option... You can add additional drums by using drum Multi Pads. You can create drum Multi Pads with the PadMaker software by converting style drum parts to Multi Pads.

You can get PadMaker here: http://psrtutorial.com/MB/padmaker.html

Regards,
Joe H

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:59:53 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Ed B

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 02:32:54 AM »
Hi
Before you go to swapping, if your complaint is with the volume, you should tune the style using the methods shown in the tutorial on our main web site:
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjStyle/AStyles40Mixing.html
You should be able to get lots of volume. Most complaints have to do with the drums being to loud. Also mke sure that the drum kit that is used in the 3rd party style is compatible with your keyboard.
Let us know what stage you are in.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

dont811

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
12-7-2020 I'd like to THANK everyone who took the time to answer my ?s here about the drums. Having been a real drummer for years, I've got this 2nd sense as to when 2 add fills as well as trying to THICKEN the drums-which i should have mentioned from the start. I was asked :what stage am i in ?"   Huh...I'm at the beginning again, you could say & be correct. I'm not complaining-i'm used to it.   
   I was able to accomplish  FATTER drum/percussion sounds by manually synching my already recorded drums (as they were recorded w/ the finished song) on my Tascam multitrack. Panning the new drum track anywhere i wanted (using the s-910's pan settings) as well as being able to add additional fills. All this was done for recording-yet, if i am someday back in a LIVE setting--I'd like to have my FATTER sound-right there in real time.
  Having my S-910's ch 10 trigger the MU128's percussion always added interesting & different results--which again added FUN to my gigs & recordings.
  I guess i have this 'mental block' when it comes to using the pgms  you all have suggested. I'll have to find out where to DL TO & read, read, & learn from tRIAL & ERROR.