Author Topic: Style Creator  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Nickt5

Style Creator
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »
Are there any good demonstrations that fully explain the functionality of the Style Creator? pref in english! There are odd snippets and even Yamaha's own very short demo doesn't really explain the process.

Offline NASAMike

Re: Style Creator
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:52:00 PM »
There is some good info on the PSRTutorial Site under Lessons/Tuning/Creating New Styles.   I use Style Creator a ton so if you're looking for something specific just ask.

Thx,
NASAMike

Offline Nickt5

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »
Thanks for that - its not just tweaking what i was after is something specific to the genos style creator.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »
Hi Nick,
have you watched Olly Woo's tutorials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvcHwtbc18&t=354s

Also the psr tutorial lessons are not something so much different from how style creator works regardless the model we own and if it is new one or an older.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 03:41:22 AM »
Keep on learning

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
No such videos have ever been made. Then again I don't know anyone really knows that much about it in order to share. The bit I know is very limited and I have been trying to figure it all out for over 10 years now.  ;D

I do use it a lot to create my custom song style. I don't even think there is a video you could purchase that explains anything more than just the bare basics.

I believe most folks have given up on using it and purchase a 3rd party piece of software to do their style creating.

I got together this past week with another forum member and was explaining how to the style creator and there were three TABS I told him I have no idea what those are for.

Regards
Drake

CindyG

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 05:04:42 PM »
I really enjoy using the Groove and Dynamics feature on styles - It's an easy way to get a new "feel" from a preset style just by altering the "swing" or emphasis of the rhythm. I just play around with the different settings until I get something I like.

I also agree that there should be an official video tutorial by Yamaha on how to create styles.