Author Topic: Genos 1.4 update  (Read 2909 times)

Lloyd E

Genos 1.4 update
« on: June 26, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
Tomorrow is finally the day that Yamaha is letting us download update version 1.4. Sounds like there are some nice new features in the update so looking forward to tomorrow.
Surprised no one else has even mentioned it. Perhaps because it took so looooooong to make it happen.
                                                                                                                               Lloyd ::)

Offline terryB

Re: Genos 1.4 update
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
Hi Lloyd, I think its the day after tomorrow (the 28th)
 ;)
Cheers
Terry

Offline porterma

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:05:51 PM »
Because I am new to this (never done an update before), I want to just check with the Forum group as how you go about installing the new update.
First, I would download the update to a USB stick.
Second, I would insert the USB stick into the Genos before I power up the keyboard.
Third, while powering up the keyboard I hold down the ??? is it the Start/Stop button ???
This should now allow me to choose the update from my USB stick.
Once I choose the update file from the USB directory I press ??? - not sure what I do then.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:12:15 PM »
Make sure the file is unzipped and copied to a USB stick that has been formatted on Genos. When you power up Holding down the STOP/START button the update will be found and you will then be given instruction on the screen what to do next.

The following users thanked this post: porterma

Lloyd E

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 06:26:30 PM »
The update in scheduled for June 28th, not June 27th as I stated. Thanks Terry for setting me straight. Lloyd

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
Hi

There is a step by step guide when you go to download site

atb
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

The following users thanked this post: porterma