Author Topic: Dual Keyboards  (Read 21910 times)

DCKeyboard

Dual Keyboards
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:00:50 AM »
After putting the Z 2 tier keyboard stand I fell in love with it. Now to start off I don't know how many people here have dual Keyboards like me. It is my first time this year I got dual Keyboards. Another challenge for me, totally fun!!!

I'm looking around to replace my sister's old PSR-280, voices don't really sound that great except one. Church Organ, so is my YPG 235. Still pretty good. Alright so getting to the point. I see there's alot of Arranger Keyboards on Google and what upsets me that 90% of those are 61 keys and 10% are 76. Now I'm talking about like high ends arrangers like the Part series, tyros and genos.

If I buy the 61 key, like s975 instead of the Genos, how would it look like the dual keyboards?

I'm thinking like this.

Current Dual Keyboards Yamaha:
PSR-280 61 Key (Top)
YPG 235 76 key (Bottom)

Future Dual Keyboards Yamaha:
YPG 235 76 key (Top)
PSR S975 61 key (Bottom)

Now in your own opinions, this future setup will it be awkward and weird and do you think it won't look right?
or
Do you think it looks alright and Normal?
This will help me to think what I'm going to buy in the future. Maybe this year or next year. Really helps me to think wether or not is the good choice.

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Dual Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »
I feel the
Future Dual Keyboards Yamaha:
YPG 235 76 key (Top)
PSR S975 61 key (Bottom)

Is a good Idea...

You can Always switch.
S975 is a massive upgrade.
Regards Norman!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:55:02 PM »
Buy the S-975 and you will no longer want to play 2 keyboards - yes, it's that good!

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »
I see the point in dual keyboards if they are complimentary. A 76 or 88 key fully weighted quality piano doubling up as controller forn arranger for example. What I see little point in is in dual keyboards where the second key is close to just duplicating some functions of the first keyboard.
Mike

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 06:39:05 PM »
Agree with Gary. Why two keyboards? And if you choose to have two, one on top of the other, you should not be concerned about how it LOOKS, but rather what is the most practical upset for you!!😀  I have two keyboards side by side because I need to see the screens of both close up. Older Yamaha keyboards are gems. Do not sell the 280😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page