Author Topic: GNSMS01 Subwoofer Problems  (Read 14211 times)

Offline Floodie

GNSMS01 Subwoofer Problems
« on: June 08, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »
I have been waiting eight months for GNSMS01 speakers to become available. Twice now the speakers have arrived without a working subwoofer. I have had no problem returning them to the reputable store I use, but what a pain in the butt. If you are going to be buying speakers, check them out at the store (if they also have a Genos) because, I have yet to find a set that works brand new..

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: GNSMS01 Subwoofer Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »
It seems a bit strange that two systems are faulty!   ???

Have you checked the 'Speaker/Connectivity' setting on your Genos to make sure that it is not set to 'Off'?

Note that here, 'Speaker' refers to whatever is connected to the 'TO SUBWOOFER' socket on the rear of the keyboard (normally GNS-MS01 of course), not the Line or Aux Outs.

To check this press MENU > touch Menu2 > Utility > Speaker/Connectivity

If the 'Speaker' setting is currently showing 'Off', then the GNS-MS01 system will never sound.

If it is set to 'Headphone Switch', then it will only sound when headphones are not connected.

When set to 'On', it will always sound.

Regards

Ian

Offline Floodie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »
I already have one set of GNSMS01 speakers, I wanted a second set. I am very familiar with the setup as I do it frequently. The monitor speakers work, just not the sub.

Carlos84

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »
Yesterday my subwoofer work ok ,but i smell burning and inside i hear a ticking sound  , so i send it back before it wil in fire ?

Offline David Young

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »
I just picked up my brand new Genos and  GNSMs01 speaker system today , took it home and set it up . I was
very disappointed to discover that I too got a set where the Satellite speakers work but not the sub woofer . Seems like this
is obviously a common problem .  I will be taking it back to my local music store to exchange it for another set. Hopefully for
one that works .  :(    Dave

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 11:41:48 AM »
I have not heard of this being a problem but you do have to be careful how you plug it in so that you don't bend the little pins.

Offline David Young

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »
Hi Eileen....  I was very careful when I plugged the wire into the sub ,  even pulled it back out to check the pins, they are not bent (on either end ) .
Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it .  :)    Dave

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »
Hi Dave the Sub Woofer is also the amplifier for the keyboard so how can you tell the speakers are working  because you would get no sound at all.

Offline David Young

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »
Hi Eileen ,  yes you're right .  Perhaps there is something wrong with the sub wire inside patch cord that connects to the keyboard .
I was talking to my Yamaha dealer and we are going to order a new cord to see if that will solve the problem .

Offline David Young

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »
Hello......Problem  solved with the sub woofer not working on my Genos.
The staff at my local music store removed the back cover of the sub woofer and
they discovered that the lead wire was not connected to the board from the factory . They put it back on
and now it works fine .   :) :) :)

Dave