Author Topic: Genos Vocal Harmonizer Problem  (Read 2226 times)

Gordon1949

Genos Vocal Harmonizer Problem
« on: June 08, 2019, 12:58:23 AM »
A new problem has come up with my Genos. I use the Genos vocal harmonizer; however, after one or two songs, I get static and a humming sound when I switch on the harmonizer.  I have changed mics, cables, and still the problem persists.  If I turn the Genos off and restart it, the problem goes away for maybe a minute, but then comes back.  When I turn off the harmonizer, the vocal is fine.  Has anyone had this problem or knows a solution? I am hoping I don’t have to bring the Genos in for repair, but I may have no choice unless anyone knows how to fix this.  Thanks.

Gordon1949

Re: Genos Vocal Harmonizer Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:45:04 AM »
I think I may have solved the problem. I had 3 different EQ settings for the mic in the Genos.  When I switched to one of the other settings the static and hum stopped. I guess the EQ I had set for Alto was not a good match. The EQ I had set up for soprano seemed to be a good match. Ironically I have a baritone voice, but the soprano setting and EQ seemed to work for me.

Kaarlo von Freymann

Re: Genos Vocal Harmonizer Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »
I think I may have solved the problem. I had 3 different EQ settings for the mic in the Genos.  When I switched to one of the other settings the static and hum stopped. I guess the EQ I had set for Alto was not a good match. The EQ I had set up for soprano seemed to be a good match. Ironically I have a baritone voice, but the soprano setting and EQ seemed to work for me.

Hi Gordon. glad you have resolved the problem.
I use the harmonizer (actually two, the Genos Internal and on a second mic the Digitech Vocalist Pro)  all the time, but to get it perfect  I must change to antoher EQ setting depending on which key the tune is in.  So I have  as an example  several  setting for  Mary> Bob  labeled   Ab-C,  C#- E   and  F > A and the EQ is set differently.   I have not had the hum, but all namings are  just namings, the human voice is maybe the most complex of  all instruments. Louis Armstrong has been named both a Bass, Bariton and Tenor.

Cheers

Kaarlo