Author Topic: Help with USB Mass Storage Feature on T5  (Read 3912 times)

Offline cthiggin

Help with USB Mass Storage Feature on T5
« on: June 01, 2019, 11:07:00 PM »
Hello folks,
I follow the instructions in the owners manual as well as reading a topic here, but I am still having issues talking with my T5's HD.
Note: This is a first time for me.

1. Used an AB Cable, hooked to Tyros, then my USB port on PC.
2. Powered on T5 while holding down the Music Finder button
3. T5 went to the USB Storage Mode (HDD)
4. I then received a message to NOT access data until the little light in upper right hand corner stopped flashing ( It ONLY flashed about 4 times)
5. I then pressed the OK button and you could see the T5 and PC communicating.

6. The T5 installed the drivers and stated  Digital Workstation was ready to use.
7. I looked in Devices and Printers and "Digital Workstation" is there.
8. Device Manager shows, under Disk Drives Tab,  "I-O DATA HDPN-U USB Driver has been installed and working properly.

My Problem:
I do NOT see an Icon that was supposed to be on desktop - I do not show a new Disk Drive in "My Computer".

I have no way of accessing data on the T5.  Friends, what have I done wrong or what steps have I missed?

Your help would be highly appreciated,

Tom

Online Fred Smith

Re: Help with USB Mass Storage Feature on T5
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:31 PM »
You need to power on in USB storage mode, which is holding down the Music Finder button as you turn on the keyboard.

Also, you need to use a printer cable, and connect it to the USB to Host port.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline cthiggin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:47:13 PM »
Hello Fred,
Thank you for your reply.

1. The cable is an A B type that the manual says to use.  The smaller end plugs in on the left rear beside the USB port.
    The other end is the standard USB cable that is plugged into a standard USB port on my pc.

The T5 screen shows the T5 and PC communicating.

On my PC, I cannot "see" or "find" the Tyros Hard Drive.

Fred, I plug the cable in, between the T5 and PC.  I hold down the Music Finder button as I turn power on.  It then opens the USB HDD Screen on the T5.

For this ol' guy, it seems that when the T5 and PC start talking, the is should pop up an Icon that you press to access the T5. At this point, I cannot talk or see the T5 HDD

Blessings, Tom

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:06:09 AM »
Hello Fred,
Thank you for your reply.

1. The cable is an A B type that the manual says to use.  The smaller end plugs in on the left rear beside the USB port.
    The other end is the standard USB cable that is plugged into a standard USB port on my pc.

The T5 screen shows the T5 and PC communicating.

On my PC, I cannot "see" or "find" the Tyros Hard Drive.

Fred, I plug the cable in, between the T5 and PC.  I hold down the Music Finder button as I turn power on.  It then opens the USB HDD Screen on the T5.

For this ol' guy, it seems that when the T5 and PC start talking, the is should pop up an Icon that you press to access the T5. At this point, I cannot talk or see the T5 HDD

Blessings, Tom

After you get the USB storage mode screen on the keyboard, wait about 30 seconds. Then open file explorer on the PC. You should see the Tyros hdd as an external drive.

Why the wait? We don’t know. It was instantaneous on the T1, and is on the Genos, but wasn’t on the other Tyros keyboards.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline cthiggin

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 01:26:15 AM »
Thanks so much Fred,

Great instructions and help.

I will try this tomorrow afternoon.  Been outside working with wife in yard.  Need a shower and something to eat.

Appreciate you,

Tom