Author Topic: POP Essentials Expansion Pack  (Read 14224 times)

melokeyz

POP Essentials Expansion Pack
« on: June 01, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
Dears,

Have you tried this pack from pro style music?b
Is it worth 130$?

The styles and voices in YouTube videos sound very professional and well developed.

https://youtu.be/BqqlZ-WyZvs

Would you buy it ?

Thanks

rogerc

Re: POP Essentials Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:19:34 PM »
Also interested if anyone has tried any of their products and found them worthwhile.

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 12:11:34 AM »
I have their Dance pack and 80's pack.
They are very dynamic and worth the money.
Very well programmed.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »
A little bit Off topic: did you all see that the player is blind?!  :( :-\ (Much appreciation from me)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 11:53:14 AM »
I have watched many of the videos of pro style music.
All their styles are specific song styles.
They have demonstrations also with the psr s970 and also covers using just the keyboard's preset drumkits and voices and sell these styles individually and at a very low price.
One thing that I have noticed is that they don't exagurate on the effects that they are using and they try to make them to sound as natural as possible.
This is just my personal opinion.
(I would have used a bunch of effects,left voices,the harmony button etc.These are the help of the noob player to sound better  ;D)

The keyboardist from what I have seen in the comments is called Dat and he is blind as Vali allready said.
This is one of my favourite keyboard video's on youtube.
Just watch the technique he is using to place his fingers on the keybed again when they move to press buttons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6MjmVJuB0A

Yes, I would buy it if I had a tyros or a genos beacause these songs that are close to my taste of pop music.
Tooooo many styles there to use and if you prefer another sound you just modify the styles to your liking.
If the styles sound good or bad?
Well,with so many videos,it's up to you if you like them or not :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:55:24 AM by panos »

The following users thanked this post: luan, Pauljones

Offline terryB

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »
Reading on the site info for the styles it says something about a restriction to major and minor chords only. Am I reading this correctly  ???
Cheers Terry

melokeyz

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 04:36:34 AM »
A little bit Off topic: did you all see that the player is blind?!  :( :-\ (Much appreciation from me

Yes, he's blind. Blind people are always perfect in music because their ears literally smell the notes not just hearing them. Their internal keyboard (inside their mind) is extremely strong. Try to close your eyes and concentrate while practicing and you'll feel something amazing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:40:10 AM by melokeyz »

melokeyz

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 04:48:42 AM »
I have their Dance pack and 80's pack.
They are very dynamic and worth the money.
Very well programmed.
Eric

Eric,

Do you think their website is safe for purchase? Did you face any problems?
I trust Yamaha website more to be honest and I always get my packs from there.

Sorry but I have security concerns about 3rd party websites

melokeyz

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 04:51:10 AM »
Reading on the site info for the styles it says something about a restriction to major and minor chords only. Am I reading this correctly  ???
Cheers Terry

I also noticed that the pack file is only for just a single keyboard to charge you more money if you have another.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 07:59:32 AM »
I also noticed that the pack file is only for just a single keyboard to charge you more money if you have another.

Yes, this happens because they use YEM to encode the pack as cpf, to work only with your keyboard.
Yamaha uses not only info file from your keyboard, but the user name and password of your YamahaMusicSoft account, too. So, it's easy for someone to upload information of their keyboard in YMS account and to download purchased packs for all the keyboard attached to his account.
This will not happening on third party packs, because third party will think the second, or third (so on) keyboards are not property of you and you try to achieve his pack multiple times with only one payment, which is not good for them.
Generally speaking, is like OEM licenses, you can use it only with the hardware which was registered first. It's not like retail license, which you can install it on multiple devices, but you have to decide what instance you use.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

melokeyz

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 03:52:23 AM »

Generally speaking, is like OEM licenses, you can use it only with the hardware which was registered first. It's not like retail license, which you can install it on multiple devices, but you have to decide what instance you use.

Regards,
Vali

Makes sense.

Are they delivering the pack in the form of a downloadable content or another method?

tin4390

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
Makes sense.

Are they delivering the pack in the form of downloadable content or another method?
When your payment is completed, have an email with the download link will be sent automatically (if you purchase the style or style pack). With the voice expansion pack, please send your keyboard instrument info file to us. Your order will be processed within 24 hours, you will receive an email with the download link for the pack that you purchased.

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
Eric,

You can pay them by PayPal.

tin4390

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 10:41:33 AM »
Eric,

Our website uses PayPal gateway for all transactions. Therefore it is completely safe for customers.

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
Eric,

Yes,
They are secure. Especially if you use PayPal.
They respond to e-mail and answer questions quickly.
I received a lot of bonus material as well.
Highly recommendable.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

tin4390

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
Cheers Terry
We have two style types: Song-style and Pro-style (Premium style)
With the song styles (Style is made for each song separately), it can be played at Major or Minor chord (base on the song's tonic)
The Pro-styles (Premium styles), it can be played at Major and Minor chords

melokeyz

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 01:02:15 AM »
Dear all,

I am glad to say that I just purchased PSM Pop Essentials Pack 1 and received the download link this morning.
I have a very pleasant experience with the pack and I am currently enjoying it. As shown on their YT videos, the pack's voices are professionally tweaked and song styles are a huge source of inspiration to me. I began my journey with the pack by playing love is blue, careless whisper, and heal the world. I can't say more than I am flying high with my inspiration playing these songs. And price is 130 bucks only.

With that said, I recommend this pack for everyone to enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:06:44 AM by melokeyz »

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

tin4390

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 11:44:31 AM »
Thank you for your feedback! Hope you will enjoy it!
By the way, we just release a new PREMIUM style pack (20 styles included). Each style has 3 intros and 2 endings. Each intro & ending can play at both Major and Minor chords.
Kind regards

Filippo

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
Dear all,

I am glad to say that I just purchased PSM Pop Essentials Pack 1 and received the download link this morning.
I have a very pleasant experience with the pack and I am currently enjoying it. As shown on their YT videos, the pack's voices are professionally tweaked and song styles are a huge source of inspiration to me. I began my journey with the pack by playing love is blue, careless whisper, and heal the world. I can't say more than I am flying high with my inspiration playing these songs. And price is 130 bucks only.

With that said, I recommend this pack for everyone to enjoy.

Now it is $165.00. I don't know why?

https://prostylemusic.net/product/psm-pop-essential-pack-1-premium-voice-style-expansion-pack/

Offline panos

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 08:31:24 PM »
I think it's because they have added 20 premium styles to the original pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=K9qMBbVkDDI

So there are 20 extra styles for the extra 35$.
Less than 2$ for a style.

2 weeks ago I purchased the 60 styles pack for 50$.
I don't have a Genos or a new other model.
I have the older psr s750 which doesn't have a YEM and can install just styles but not packs with their extra drumkits and sounds.

I needed some of the styles of course but for that price I decided to buy the whole pack.

The styles were fine.
They were probably created on an s950 in my case so a little use of the mixing console maybe is needed but that's a job I would do in any case to adjust the styles to my liking.
The styles are also unlocked by default so I can change also some parts according to my playing and the arrangement I want to make.
For example I don't use Intros 3 or parts where the keyboard player waits for a part to finish it's riffs.

Of course I don't see any mixing required for the pack for the new models while in the video we can see different models playing the pack and the sound is coming out nicely from all models.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:34:48 PM by panos »

tin4390

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »
Now it is $165.00. I don't know why?

https://prostylemusic.net/product/psm-pop-essential-pack-1-premium-voice-style-expansion-pack/
I think it's because they have added 20 premium styles to the original pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=K9qMBbVkDDI

So there are 20 extra styles for the extra 35$.
Less than 2$ for a style.

Exactly! We updated a new price for the pack because we've added 20 Premium styles and 10 Bonus variation styles to the POP-Essential pack 1.
Here is our video demo for the extra styles:
- 20 Premium style: https://youtu.be/K9qMBbVkDDI
- 10 bonus variation styles: https://youtu.be/zV_En7FHUHI
Regards
Tin

Offline terryB

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »
Hi Tin, you give no indication of being able to purchase the additional styles to add to the Pop essentials pack if it was purchased previously ? ???
Cheers
Terry

tin4390

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
Hi Tin, you give no indication of being able to purchase the additional styles to add to the Pop essentials pack if it was purchased previously ? ???
Cheers
Terry
Hi Terry,
For our customers who have purchased the POP-Essential pack 1 before, we will send them the Premium style pack and 10 variation styles like a bonus. Please send us an email to get more details and the bonus style packs.
Regards
Tin

Offline terryB

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 01:07:33 PM »
Hi Tin, thanks for your reply to my post. I have sent you an Email, as requested.

I love the pack, it is a very good addition to my Genos content, a lot of the sounds/styles are incredible.
Cheers
Terry