Author Topic: Anyone that uses a Genos and sings?  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Depo1964

Anyone that uses a Genos and sings?
« on: June 01, 2019, 02:23:57 AM »
I realize that most members of this board are one-man-band musicians.  But I'm hoping that occasionally some of you use your Genos in a band.

In a band situation, do you route your mic to the mains (default) or does anyone route their  mic to a SUB Output?
Going to be playing my second gig with a Genos and a different band in a couple of weeks.

Planning on routing my keyboard Mains to my Leslie 2101 mk2 speaker and miking the Leslie with two mics that will plug into two channels of a QSC TouchMIx-16. 
Then taking my microphone and routing it to the Sub 1 of the Genos and into a separate channel on the TouchMix.

Any comments on my plan of routing my singing mic?   Thx.

tyrosman

Re: Anyone that uses a Genos and sings?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
hi there I bring my mike out of sub out 2 I use I right angle jack to XLR channel 2 on my mixing Desk

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:23:37 PM »
Hi
I only sing on my Genos when i have got toothache!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »
Hi Depo1964,

if you use Vocal Harmony and/or other effects (e. g. Reverb/Delay) on the microphone from Genos, I recommend to use TWO (2) sub outputs for the genos mic signal (and go in STEREO to your external mixer).

If you don't use effects from Genos, it is sufficient to use only ONE sub out for the mic (and go only in MONO to the mixer). Alternatively, you can of course connect your mic directly to the mixer (and use its mic effects).

If you connect your mic directly to the mixer, you can still use the Vocal Harmony and/or other effects of the Genos: To do this you have to route the mic signal to an AUX SEND (output) at the external mixer and connect this signal to the Mic Input of the Genos. Then be sure that the mic is routed to TWO (2) sub outputs and only the EFFECT signal(s) are audible on these sub outs. For this, you have to set the "Balance" parameter in Vocal Harmony display to "L>H63".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 07:25:23 PM »
would that be the Aux out Chris???

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 10:41:41 PM »
would that be the Aux out Chris???

Hi tyrosman,

what do you mean here exactly? Aux out of the external Mixer or Aux out(s) of the Genos?

On Genos the "Line Out Sub" jacks #3 and #4 can be set either as "Aux outs" or as "Sub outs" (like Sub outs #1 and #2). If the Sub outs #1 and #2 are already in use, e. g. for Drums and/or Bass, you can use Sub outs #3 and #4 for the Mic part (in Stereo).

On a external Mixer, an Aux Send output can be used, if the Mic is connected directly to that Mixer and you want to connect this Mic signal to the Genos (to use its Vocal Effects). Via two Sub outs the Effects signal goes to two additional Mono Inputs (or one Stereo Inputs) of the external Mixer. (The Aux Send knobs on this Effects Return channel(s) must be turned all the way DOWN!)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:46:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)