Author Topic: Genos version 1.4 Launching June 28  (Read 5738 times)

Offline ckobu

Genos version 1.4 Launching June 28
« on: May 31, 2019, 08:45:10 PM »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Bill, hans1966

Offline stephenm52

Re: Genos version 1.4 Launching June 28
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:49:25 AM »
Hmm, it sure is in June but closer to July. Yamaha marketing knows how to keep us interested that's for sure.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »

- more settings for live controlls
- improvements user interface
- better external screen support
And more...

Live controlls definately needed more pptions
User interface improvements can be almost anything
External screen support, really? Its not my thing, but some might be happy..
And more?  Just hope more is not only minor things..

Offline reya

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:47:42 PM »
Hmm, it sure is in June but closer to July. Yamaha marketing knows how to keep us interested that's for sure.

Well, that's one way of putting it  ;) ;D

It's my guess they will be releasing it at 11:59 PM that friday June 28  ;D ;D ;D
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Lloyd E

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »
Well update 1.4 has taken so long that a new keyboard will be out a couple of weeks after or that is how it seems.  Somehow I cant get excited over this update or the keyboard.  Lloyd

Online Bill

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 05:39:07 PM »

And more?  Just hope more is not only minor things..

If it was going to be anything more than minor, they would be shouting it from the roof tops.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

beykock

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
IMHO it is the first time Yamaha are launching such an important update. ( on June 28, 2019 ).

It might be a sign the Genos2 will be available not earlier than 2021, I guess.
I should not be surprised the S775 and the S975 successors will be there next year. Who knows ...

Babette
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:24:04 PM by beykock »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »
- more settings for live controlls ... Live controlls definately needed more pptions ...

I hope what Yamaha has done is make Live Control functions assignable to a foot pedal. That would be very useful and even powerful. And those kind of functions are added to the next PSR arranger as well. (And maybe if we are lucky... 4 knobs will be available on the PSR also, or at least 2 knobs with values displayed like on the Genos)

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:09:16 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

CindyG

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »
I wonder why I can't find this info on the U.S. Genos site?

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
IMHO it is the first time Yamaha are launching such an important update. ( on June 28, 2019 ).

It might be a sign the Genos2 will be available not earlier than 2021, I guess.
I should not be surprised the S775 and the S975 successors will be there next year. Who knows ...

Babette

Peter Baartmans sd at a Demo that Yamaha is aiming at an expected lifespan for their top instruments (Montage, Genos, CP88) of atleast 5 years...  thats probably also the reason they changed their ideas about how and what to patch...

That would make the Genos last till 2022 or 2023...

beykock

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 09:39:52 AM »
Hi Bachus,

Thank you for sharing this interesting PB's information ! 👌

It would be the first time a Yamaha highend arranger keyboard upgrade will come out after 5 years.🔔

It took 4 years before they launched the Genos.

It looks like Yamaha are following Korg's PA4X strategy :
black colour, less weight, touch screen, more editing features
and regular free updates. 😉

One big major difference though ( I guess ) : the Genos sound quality is probably better ( a matter of taste, maybe ) but the Genos 61 keys is not available ( yet ). 76 keys only.

Like most real Yamaha freaks I prefer the Yamaha arranger keyboards : plug-and-play and the Yamaha software is sky high.
Apparently the PA4X is also a commercial success yet ?

After their recent PA4X update, Korg's high end arranger might be the most important Genos competitor for the time being, IMHO.

I should not be surprised Korg will come with a PA4X successor in 2020. Wait and see.

Take care, Babette

Bachus

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 11:31:11 AM »
Hi Bachus,

Thank you for sharing this interesting PB's information ! 👌

It would be the first time a Yamaha highend arranger keyboard upgrade will come out after 5 years.🔔

It took 4 years before they launched the Genos.

It looks like Yamaha are following Korg's PA4X strategy :
black colour, less weight, touch screen, more editing features
and regular free updates. 😉

One big major difference though ( I guess ) : the Genos sound quality is probably better ( a matter of taste, maybe ) but the Genos 61 keys is not available ( yet ). 76 keys only.

Like most real Yamaha freaks I prefer the Yamaha arranger keyboards : plug-and-play and the Yamaha software is sky high.
Apparently the PA4X is also a commercial success yet ?

After their recent PA4X update, Korg's high end arranger might be the most important Genos competitor for the time being, IMHO.

I should not be surprised Korg will come with a PA4X successor in 2020. Wait and see.

Take care, Babette

Overhere in Holland most musicians using the p4x are north african or eastern european immigrants..
The power for those people is that they can create their own sounds and sample sets and styles much better then on the Genos... The Genos has much more that typical Western music sound we all like..

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 06:13:57 PM »
Overhere in Holland most musicians using the p4x are north african or eastern european immigrants..
The power for those people is that they can create their own sounds and sample sets and styles much better then on the Genos... The Genos has much more that typical Western music sound we all like..

And Genos is locked for editing, it's boring.
Hope Yamaha locks up for editions ver. 1.4 especially the style, and mid-section so you don't have to load the file all the time.
// Pierre
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 06:17:58 PM by PierreSW »
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.