Author Topic: Altering the Pitch of an Audio File?  (Read 5824 times)

Reg

Altering the Pitch of an Audio File?
« on: May 31, 2019, 02:45:22 AM »
 I have an audio file intro of a song  that I want to alter its pitch to match the rest of the song which will then be played and recorded on my Genos.  The pdf I'm using to record the song is in the key of Eb.     I have not determined yet as to the key of the audio file intro.  Hopefully it is possible to do this. I checked the Genos manual but cannot find a solution there. A video tutorial sure would be helpful.  Thanks.  Reg

Offline StuartR

Re: Altering the Pitch of an Audio File?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 01:24:10 PM »
I have an audio file intro of a song  that I want to alter its pitch to match the rest of the song which will then be played and recorded on my Genos.  The pdf I'm using to record the song is in the key of Eb.     I have not determined yet as to the key of the audio file intro.  Hopefully it is possible to do this. I checked the Genos manual but cannot find a solution there. A video tutorial sure would be helpful.  Thanks.  Reg

You can do this either on the Song page in the Genos or with one of many audio tools available on PC or other smart devices. If you change the pitch inside Genos you'll need to save that change to a registration.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 01:27:05 PM by StuartR »

Reg

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 11:28:42 PM »
  Thank   you  Stuart.   Reg

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »
Hi Reg.

There is a good pitch function in Adobe Audition software, but the best I have encountered, with very professional altering sound functions is Melodyne Studio from Celemony. And there are a couple of videos on youtube on how to do it!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Reg

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
   Thank you Vali.  I will follow up on your suggestions.  Reg

Offline Ed B

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 02:58:06 AM »
Reg
Another approach is to figure out the key of the audio and then match it with the midi section may give you better results.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »
So, it's about Audio or Midi?! There are two different things and two different approaches ...

Vali Maties - Genos

Reg

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 02:42:35 AM »
   Ed:   Thank you for your reply.

Valli:    I did have a look at the software  you suggested.  I ended up trying Ed's version. I determined the key of the audio file then transposed the registration setup to match.  This  still enabled me to  follow the original pdf notation.   Hope that makes sense.  Thanks again.  Reg