Author Topic: Styles voor yamaha PSR EW410  (Read 6206 times)

Robbert2019

Styles voor yamaha PSR EW410
« on: June 05, 2019, 06:57:04 AM »
Hello,

I have a PSR EW410 keyboard and I've been trying to find good styles for this keyboard, but most styles don't sound so good as they sound in a style player. My question is where can I find styles for this keyboard that really works and sounds good.

What styles are compatible with my keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:37:05 AM by Robbert2019 »

SeaGtGruff

Re: Styles voor yamaha PSR EW410
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »
The PSR-E models can play SFF1 style files, so SFF2 style files will need to be converted to SFF1 style files.

The files must be no larger than about 50K, otherwise the keyboard will not be able to load them.

SFF1 style files that contain four variations (A, B, C, and D) can be used, but only two variations (A and B) can actually be triggered by the keyboard, so it's a good idea to move the two variations you want to use into the A and B positions, and remove the other variations. This can also help reduce a large style file to a smaller size that the keyboard can load.

The last step of "tweaking" a style file should always be to review the voices used and change them as desired so that (a) any voices which aren't available on your keyboard are replaced with voices that are available, and (b) any voices which aren't the best available ones are replaced with better voices. This is true no matter what model of Yamaha you happen to have.

An additional step-- which can be done as part of the "revoicing" process-- is to adjust the volume and other settings of each voice, including the reverb depth, chorus depth, and DSP depth of each voice.

At first it can be a bit tedious to go through these steps for a style file, let alone for several style files, but the results are worth it. Keyboardists who make heavy use of style files tend to spend some time on going over each new style file that they acquire, to tweak it until they're happy with it.

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:36:46 PM »
Hi --

If you are interested in soul, jazz and funk, I converted some styles to the PSR E-series arrangers (SFF1):

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/perf-styles-e443/
http://sandsoftwaresound.net/free-djx-ii-styles-for-psr/

They are free. You may still want to revoice them using any of the free tools (e.g., Mixmaster, Jørgen Sørensen's tool suite, etc.)

Have fun -- pj

Music technology blog: sandsoftwaresound.net

DCKeyboard

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:43:16 AM »
I have a quick Question. I'm thinking about learning Style Creator, I don't suppose that the EW410 has that. Which is not a big deal to me, I was wondering where can I find a software for Style creator for the EW410? if any....