Author Topic: S775 – pre-purchase question  (Read 4112 times)

Adam775

S775 – pre-purchase question
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy PSR-S775. I've checked the user manual, searched here on the forum, but I haven't found a definitive answer.
As far as I know, I can make an audio recording of my live performance and save it to an USB stick as a .wav file. Can I do the same with an on-board 16-track sequencer? I need to record a song, do some tweaking and corrections, save a MIDI file for any future editing and then – finally – export an audio for CD burning. How is it done? I used to work with Steinberg’s Cubase – there was an option to mix down VSTi tracks to an audio much faster than realtime. Is something like that possible with a S775?
Thanks for your help,

Adam

PS. Sorry for my English

Offline EileenL

Re: S775 – pre-purchase question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 12:41:10 PM »
Not having a 775 so only guessing that it works the same as most Yamaha keyboards the answer would be Yes. Record your midi and do all your editing. Then
record your Midi song to Audio by setting up Audio REC Press Start stop on Audio and then press  Start
Stop on Midi. As the Midi plays back it will be recorded to Audio onto your USB stick.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:25:14 PM »
Eileen is right, the S775 works the same way as the other keyboards. As you play back the MIDI you can record it to audio. This will also record any additional parts you play on the keyboard or input from the microphone at the same time as the playback.

Note though that this means the mixdown from MIDI to audio is done in real time, there is no option to shortcut this.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »
Make life simple and use AUDACITY and it is free.

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

You can compile all your Wav file tracks with this program and MIX them within the program as well.

Simple and easy to use.  ;)

You can spend hours trying to balance every thing out on your keyboard. I know because I do it that way to make a Custom Song styles. But if you are just making a DEMO song, it is really easier to compile with a program like Audacity. I use another program called COOL EDIT PRO which I learned to use before Audacity became available.

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Adam775

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:44:49 PM »
Thank you very much for your kind answers. It seems to me that the instrument just records everything from it's analog line outputs so it has to do it real time.

Drake, thanks for Audacity tip, I'll give it a try.