Author Topic: Why Guitar Center has no S975?  (Read 5765 times)

DCKeyboard

Why Guitar Center has no S975?
« on: May 25, 2019, 06:32:12 AM »
I went to Guitar Center in Athens, Ga and I thought I could try out the Yamaha S975 or the Genos and I was very excited, but sadly they didn't have it inside the store. I would usually like to test the keyboard before I buy it. IDK what else to do  :(

I found one in Atlanta but was very very far away. I live like 90 miles away, can't afford the gas :(.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:34:59 AM by DCKeyboard »

Offline mikf

Re: Why Guitar Center has no S975?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 09:23:37 AM »
Guitar centers are not great for having a range of these keyboards. If you need to try it before buying looks one you need to drive to Atlanta. Takes a bit of time, but surely worth it as the gas cost is a tiny fraction of the keyboard cost.
Mike

Offline rdiazhin

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
There is a Yamaha dealer located in Gainesville GA, I purchased from them a Tyros 4 back in 2011 and a Genos in December 2017. Contact them and you may get a good deal.

Be careful, you may end up purchasing a Grand Piano, since they have a lot of beautiful pianos and clavinovas in their show room.

The store name is Lancaster Music, 770-536-8742

Current Keyboards: Yamaha Genos

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
I went to Guitar Center in Athens, Ga and I thought I could try out the Yamaha S975 or the Genos and I was very excited, but sadly they didn't have it inside the store. I would usually like to test the keyboard before I buy it. IDK what else to do  :(

I found one in Atlanta but was very very far away. I live like 90 miles away, can't afford the gas :(.

I understand you because in my country there was not a store that has the Tyros5 and now is the same with the Genos.

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 06:31:34 PM »
Seems this is a major problem everywhere.  I don't think there is a 975 in the state of Arkansas.  For sure no Geno's. 

DonM

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »
If you get one from Sweetwater Sound, you have the option to return it, for any reason.  They are great about that.  Plenty of time to audition it in your own home.

Offline jaebea

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 07:37:04 AM »
Guitar Center in Portland, Oregon has them.  In fact, I am saving for one now and go over there every weekend and play around on the showroom model for a couple of hours.  They have let me know that they always have them in stock there when I am ready to buy one.

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
If you get one from Sweetwater Sound, you have the option to return it, for any reason.  They are great about that.  Plenty of time to audition it in your own home.
The only caveat with Sweetwater's and most other retailers return policy on gear that is not defective, is the customer is responsible for return shipping which on a fairly weighty keyboard could be a fair amount.
If Guitar Center does not have an item in the local store, they will most times can have one shipped in from another store if asked.

Sweetwater return policy.........
""No Hassle" Return Policy:
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you are not satisfied with any new product, for any reason, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit, or you may exchange for another product within a fair amount of time from the shipping date (usually 30 days). If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund. For items purchased that were marked as "used" that malfunction or fail, they may be returned within 90 days of purchase only if they malfunction or fail and haven't been abused or misused. Used items may be returned for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit minus the cost of shipping. Customer will be responsible for paying all shipping charges (to and from Sweetwater) on returned used items."