Author Topic: Genos v1.4 speculation thread  (Read 30119 times)

Bachus

Re: Genos v1.4 speculation thread
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2019, 06:30:57 PM »
Don't expect too much, you can't be disappointed either  ;D

8)

Thats what i said 🤪
Don’t expect anything, and you will be possitively surprised
Expect to much or a specific thing, and you will get dissapointed.

No clue what to expect, there are so many new things and improvements they could add
So in the end all the guessing gets us nowhere..

I posted my long list with possible improvements the week after the introduction
That list still holds true, if it weren’t for someone deleting it...

islam01

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
Will there be development for legato and portamento features in update 1.4?

Offline soryt

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
Nobody knows  8)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2019, 08:44:44 AM »
... the trouble I've seen  ;D

(sorry, could not resist)
Regards, Michael

Bachus

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »
Noboddy knows my sorrows 🎼

Bachus

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2019, 02:50:45 PM »
Its almost June..

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2019, 08:05:07 AM »
More like July!! :)
Cruel devils that Yamaha marketing team!! ::) :o ;D

Time for better Cubase integration!! The best upgrade that they could make. Unlikely!! :-X
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:49:55 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ckobu

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2019, 08:14:12 AM »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Seagull29

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
Hi,
As usual, Yamaha announces a "revolutionary" update and ..... gives birth to a mouse, as they say in France! Of course, it's mocking users!
Regards
Seagull29

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2019, 03:40:29 PM »
As I said months before (and some didn't like it): don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. If you find somethin' in that update that is useful to you, it's a bonus. Then smile...  ;D
Regards, Michael

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »
As usual, Yamaha announces a "revolutionary" update and ..... gives birth to a mouse, as they say in France! Of course, it's mocking users!
Regards
Seagull29

How can providing a free update with additional features be "mocking" users?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2019, 08:05:42 PM »

Cheers,
Fred

Maybe he said that because the Genos is very expensive, and Yamaha still need to improved it with new technologies that now are only available on virtual instruments.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:06:56 PM by rodrigo.b »

Offline soryt

Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Bachus

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2019, 10:40:47 PM »

Cheers,
Fred

Thats what i would have said 2 decades ago..

Things have changed since then, outside of the Yamaha Genos world people are used to get regular updates for  every electronics product the buy..  phones, tablets, pc, tv..  even my dishwasher got a software update that reduced water usage. 20%...

Offline acparker

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
Kinda reminds me of the Gaming Industry currently.

Rush it out the door, and if we sell enough copies, will fix/patch it later.

Hopefully, Yamaha doesn't figure out a way to put loot boxes in ...

Adam

The following users thanked this post: ragrepesa

Bachus

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2019, 11:26:52 AM »
Kinda reminds me of the Gaming Industry currently.

Rush it out the door, and if we sell enough copies, will fix/patch it later.

Hopefully, Yamaha doesn't figure out a way to put loot boxes in ...

Adam

I don’t agree with you, the Genos as released in 2017 was a rockstable product from the go...

The following users thanked this post: StuartR, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline EileenL

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2019, 01:24:13 PM »
Yes Bachus I have to agree. Great keyboard from the off.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »
I don’t agree with you, the Genos as released in 2017 was a rockstable product from the go...
Plus 1.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Seagull29

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2019, 02:28:29 PM »
Yes Bachus I have to agree. Great keyboard from the off.

Hi,
there were some bugs in the first OS. Yamaha has corrected them quickly but if we read what is announced in the next update, there is apparently nothing about the style creator, the possibility of using midi files to make styles, chords sequencer etc .. Only minor updates to the possibilities of the insrument. Unless they do like with the T5 and soon come out a new version of Genos because of competition that may be released at the end of the year an even more powerful model. To be continued....
Good Sunday
Seagull29

Offline EileenL

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »
I think we are going to find New Pages and new assignable things but as always it is no good guessing we have to wait and see. Genos is a great keyboard as it is.

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2019, 06:33:07 PM »
Genos is a great keyboard as it is.

Yes Genos is good if you just sit down and play styles, but the rest can be improved masses. ex. midi, you have to load the file for every change you make, that's not the Way in Tyros where it is left in the memory all the time.
Styles are locked for editing, only the drum part can be changed
// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Bachus

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »
Hi,
there were some bugs in the first OS. Yamaha has corrected them quickly but if we read what is announced in the next update, there is apparently nothing about the style creator, the possibility of using midi files to make styles, chords sequencer etc .. Only minor updates to the possibilities of the insrument. Unless they do like with the T5 and soon come out a new version of Genos because of competition that may be released at the end of the year an even more powerful model. To be continued....
Good Sunday
Seagull29

I have posted a long list about possible Genos improvements,.. new features...
The problem is everyone wants something different
And there are only so many things Yamaha can/will do..

The biggest problem is Yamaha not discussing arranger keyboards with their customers
The big power of the Montage improvements was the fact that on the official yamaha synth forum, they discussed and listened to the Montage population.

I guess Yamah gets mostly fed theiribfo trough shop owners
From which most don’teven realize what the customer misses in their instruments..

Seagull29

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2019, 10:08:49 PM »
Hi,
I think the big difference is that the Montage is a synth used mostly by pros, while the Genos, in their eyes, is used largely only by people who just want to have fun and who always according to them, they do not need advanced functions since in their mind they will not use them. The problem is the same as with the T5, updates gadgets!

Regards
Seagull29

Offline acparker

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »

Fair enough.  I didn't buy one until late 2108, Ver 1.3.  I assumed (never a good idea, really,) that they started at V1.0, and brought out three updates in less than a year.  I further assumed they were bug fixes.

But hey,  don't get me wrong, I love my Genos.  I play it for Church every week, and I have now accompanied a musical with 22 songs! 

Adam

Offline jugge

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2019, 02:26:46 PM »
The Genos is an amazing Keyboard. My only wish would be a better built in sequencer that  - if possible - have mouse support.
It doesn't need to an advance sequencer like Cubase, but something that would make editing a bit easier. I am not a fan of using step record for editing and export the file to to cubase first feels a bit contra productive.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

CindyG

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2019, 01:27:22 AM »
The Genos is an amazing Keyboard. My only wish would be a better built in sequencer that  - if possible - have mouse support.
It doesn't need to an advance sequencer like Cubase, but something that would make editing a bit easier. I am not a fan of using step record for editing and export the file to to cubase first feels a bit contra productive.

It would be nice to have a piano roll for midi editing. The Genos has this nice big screen - it would be a shame not to take advantage of that!

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2019, 10:21:19 PM »
Hi,
Regards
Seagull29

Well, let us first see the mouse, according to the net,  there are many species  called mice which may or may not be closely related to each other and differ vastly in size: house mice, field mice, deer mice, smoky mice, spiny mice, and dormice are all called mice.

Let's hope what we will get is not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOemkE-YAKA

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »
Well said Kaarlo,
  I really don't understand some people. They are complaining about the update before it is even released. I think we are going to be very pleased with it and I am sure no one is mocking anyone.
  Please people stop trying to make Genos owners look like fools. We are not!.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
Hi Eileen.
I don't think someone is trying to make Genos owners look like fools... Almost all on this part of forum (Genos forum) are Genos owners. That means they are trying to make themselves fools :o ;D
About how much pleased we will be, we have to wait and see what's going to be in this update. Till now and what I saw in the presentation video, at least display will show REAL needed information, so I'm pleased, not 100%, because I have to see it first. One of my friends, which has a bond with Yamaha's staff, told me that also Tempo Reset function (which most of gigs players missed it) will be available as a assignable function. I'm anxious to see what other news brings this update.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

beykock

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »

Hi,

It might also be possible the Genos update of June 28, 2019 will be much more important, different and even more useful than ever before.

I think all Genos owners need to be patient and forget all those ( negative ) speculations.
A waste of time and useless frustration, IMO.

Only after installation of this update and several serious tests, the truth will come out, not earlier.

I am almost sure most people will not be disappointed.

Take care, Babette

Offline elad770

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2019, 03:45:24 PM »
I agree!

All this talking and complaining comes from people who will NEVER be satisfied with anything! It's a personality issue and not a feature/Model/Update issue

To date!  i haven't heard any arranger that will even get closer to the Genos in terms of sound quality and sophistication vs User-friendly interface - Best possible of both worlds

I'm a Genos owner but I'm familiar with the market EXTREMELY well

Besides, I hear people play on "Simple" PSR and it sounds amazing! in other words, a talented musician can make a simple keyboard sounds much better than an average Genos owner

It's all about your approach. A positive approach will also affect your music sounding and depth. Those people who complain, I doubt if they are at the level I described. In fact, they are complaining in order to achieve perfection from their arranger. They want the Genos to be EVERYTHING! and the reason for that is for them the instrument is compensating for their lacking rather than complementing and completing them as musicians

Eileen will be a great example to mention because he obviously had older keyboards. Without knowing him i can tell that he was not complaining over every instrument he had to find its flaws rather he's' appreciative that over the years he's allowed to upgrade keyboards to allow him to express his talent in a more profound was. Simple as that!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:47:44 PM by elad770 »

Bachus

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
It would be nice to have a piano roll for midi editing. The Genos has this nice big screen - it would be a shame not to take advantage of that!

Well, haven’t we been asking for this for years..
With the touchscreen it certainly comes close

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »
Cubase has great piano roll and a few glitches on the sys ex side
Once that is sorted, then we have a great daw for the Genos :)
It is simple as that.
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline panos

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2019, 01:38:40 PM »
Yes Genos is good if you just sit down and play styles, but the rest can be improved masses. ex. midi, you have to load the file for every change you make, that's not the Way in Tyros where it is left in the memory all the time.
Styles are locked for editing, only the drum part can be changed
// Pierre

I believe Jørgen Sørensen's Style Unlocker can also unlock Genos' style parts for furthermore editing.
Maybe you can give it a try to see if it works.
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stun/index.htm

I cannot understand what do you mean by re-uploading a midi file.
For a change to be applied to a midi file, the modified midi file must be saved firstly to apply the changes(execute and save).Then you can continue the modifications.
If you don't press the "execute" button all changes are just temporary saved but when you exit to another midi file none of them is really saved.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2019, 03:06:40 PM »
Style unlocker works a treat Panos.

All the best
john :)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »
Thank you elad770 for your kind remarks but must tell you I am not a He. I am an 83 year old She.
  I have many keyboards over my time including Korg and Technics but have always come back to  Yamaha as for me they are the best. I have always played live and when out gigging found the OS system so easy to set things up. Genos is definitely at the top of the ladder for me and am looking forward to the new update what ever it brings because they will be improvements. I am not playing a guessing game because that dose not do any good.

Offline elad770

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
Thank you elad770 for your kind remarks but must tell you I am not a He. I am an 83 year old She.
  I have many keyboards over my time including Korg and Technics but have always come back to  Yamaha as for me they are the best. I have always played live and when out gigging found the OS system so easy to set things up. Genos is definitely at the top of the ladder for me and am looking forward to the new update whatever it brings because they will be improvements. I am not playing a guessing game because that dose not do any good.

Sorry about that! The picture is not clear to me. I'm so blessed that you are active in this forum. I always read your posts and they are very welcoming, positive and constructive!
83?  WOW!! I wish for my self to be involved in music and to contribute to others at this age the same way you are doing!

Good for you.............. ma'am ;D

Offline emmaco

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »
I’d like Sync Stop function in Full Keyboard mode…

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2019, 08:54:13 PM »

....forget all ...speculations. A waste of time and useless ....Only after installation of this update and ....the truth will come out...

Thankyou Babette.
  You could not have put it better. I have been wondering what drives people to waste their time speculating just 2 weeks before the update will hopefully be available  ::) ::) ::)

Cheers

Kaarlo

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2019, 09:06:01 PM »

I respectfully disagree. OS 1.1. was an excellent example of a product put on the market before it was ready. And IMHO anyone who has read this site and your postings knows that.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2019, 11:37:36 PM »
It needs a big update like a great leather strap around your neck so you can use the Genos as a Keytar. Also a free weeks weight training course and a brand new hair style to look cool ;D :P :P :P :P :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:51:58 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2019, 12:46:41 AM »
I hope that Yamaha will upgrade and improve STYLE CREATOR. This feature has hardly changed since Tyros 2 so far. It only changes the layout on the Genos touch screen and adds DRUM SETUP from S970.

It still doesn't allow you to edit Velocity a series of notes of the same name, or change a series of notes with the same name. It takes time when you have to move each note in turn.

Etc: It will save a lot of time if you can move all Kick notes at B0 to C1 or Snare D1 to E1 at the same time.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic