Author Topic: Changing preset registration buttons  (Read 5809 times)

Offline Colin D

Changing preset registration buttons
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
Hello again,

I fins when I'm playing and change registrations with the preset buttons, sometimes the volume rises to full volume for some unknown reason.  It don't always do this?  Any suggestion please,

I also use Songbook+, it's great, and allows me to select a song or registration.  On some songs especially from a play list I select load, press button 1 for the registration, sometimes the correct score and registration is played.  Sometimes a random song comes and plays.  Some songs are linked using the wired Tyros route.  And some using the New Genos feature.  Could the mix of both be causing this problem please?

Thank you all for a wonderful community on here,

Kind Regards

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline StuartR

Re: Changing preset registration buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »
Hello again,

I fins when I'm playing and change registrations with the preset buttons, sometimes the volume rises to full volume for some unknown reason.  It don't always do this?  Any suggestion please,

Thank you all for a wonderful community on here,

Kind Regards

Colin

Yes- I've encountered this problem when the second registration is selected while the sustain pedal is held down and the new registration has a higher mixer level set on one of the parts used by the first registration that is still being played during the switch due to the sudden pedal.

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
Hello again,

Hi Colin

This is (I think) a well known problem with voice changes while the current voice is being held down or still has an active DSP.   Make sure you you are not playing any notes when changing to a new Voice.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Colin D

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »
thank you all for the rep[lies,

I wonder if the problem will go away on the next upgrade?
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:09:25 AM »
I wonder if the problem will go away on the next upgrade?

No, it won't.

With Genos, Yamaha added a lot of DSP power, which is great. It solves a problem that comes with dynamic assignments of DSPs, but Yamaha did not attack the problem of (as they call it in the synth line) "SSS" seamless sound switching. Using this additional DSP power, there was the chance to implement SSS, but Yamaha decided against it. So IMHO, we will not see SSS neither in the upgrade nor in future Genos arrangers. Maybe the next generation in years to come  ;D.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:10:33 AM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »
Hi --

I've given up speculating about Yamaha and updates. However, they could, conceivably, implement dynamic allocation of DSP processors instead of the current scheme which statically assigns DSP units to MIDI Song parts, etc. They could allocate the units on an as-needed basis.

Right now, 16 DSP units are assigned to and tied up with 16 MIDI Song parts -- whether you are playing a MIDI Song or not. Wasteful.

All the best -- pj