Author Topic: Voice "Info" button missing in Genos?  (Read 2483 times)

CindyG

Voice "Info" button missing in Genos?
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:26:02 PM »
My Tyros 3 has an "Info" button in the voice section that pops up notes about how to play the sound and any special features the voice has.

On the Genos, there isn't an info button, but there are icons (see screenshot below) indicating how to play voices. Did this replace the T3 voice info notes?

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pjd

Re: Voice "Info" button missing in Genos?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
Chapter 2, page 28 of the Genos Reference manual explains the icons.

You intuition about the icons is good. The icons indicate the articulations available for the selected voice. You can also find more information about Super Articulation 2 articulations in the Genos Data List PDF (i.e., which articulation buttons do what and when).

Hope this helps -- pj

The following users thanked this post: terryB

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
Also CindyG, I believe several dedicated buttons were removed and replaced by pressing the Direct Access + Voice , or in your case Direct Access + R1, assuming the voice is located in the R1 part. Can someone verify this for me?

For example, when I set up my R1, R2, and R3 voices, I may want to change the octave range for one part. The only way I can see how to do it is to press Direct Access + Upper Octave. There's probably another way, but my way seems the fastest.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:53:05 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
Lee,
Go to the Voice screen (button in the main  group of 6). That shows the 4 voice parts with a way of quickly adjusting many standard voice parameters including individual octaves (see on the left side of individual voice displays) . I find that screen essential as part of the way to select voices and create setups.
John
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:01:26 PM by jwyvern »

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »
Right, I remember seeing that screen. Thanks, jwyvern!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.