Author Topic: split keeps changing  (Read 4404 times)

musikrx

split keeps changing
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:32:52 PM »
I noticed that when I use multi record and pair the midi track with a registration, the split changes when I press play.  When I pull up the registration on it's own, the split is correct.  What am I doing wrong?  The line out settings also change each time I change registrations.

Thank you for your wisdom:)

Melissa

Offline Fred Smith

Re: split keeps changing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
I noticed that when I use multi record and pair the midi track with a registration, the split changes when I press play.  When I pull up the registration on it's own, the split is correct.  What am I doing wrong?  The line out settings also change each time I change registrations.

The split point will not change when you press "play". It's only loading a registration that can change a split point. Same with lineout -- it's the registration that's doing it.

The best thing to do is fix your registrations. If want a different split point, or lineout, then re-memorize the registrations with the settings you do want. Once you've memorized, remember to save the file.

If you have a lot of registrations you need fixed, then Murray Best's Registration Manager is the ticket, as it can do them all in one batch.

A workaround for the split point is to tell you keyboard not to allow registrations to change it. You do this with Parameter Lock, which is in the Utility menu.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons