Author Topic: Soundmondo  (Read 3783 times)

Bachus

Soundmondo
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »

https://youtu.be/2pix04YAiMk

Why isnt soundmondo available for Genos
It would be a perfect tool for sharing user sounds, performances and styles

It works like a dream for me on modx

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline panos

Re: Soundmondo
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »
Yamaha's apps haven't discovered Android yet .
I guess some things need their time, my dear friend   :)

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »
Yamaha's apps haven't discovered Android yet .
I guess some things need their time, my dear friend   :)

Offcourse not..

Android is still not interesting for most developers,...

Because
A) security and hackabillity
B) it takes 2 time as long to program in the android developmemt kit vs the apple dev kit, and programs have to be written from scratch
C) apple users actually buy apps..
And thats only the top of a very long list...
There is a reason high end android tablets have become virtually extinct..

But thats not the topic
The topic is why is the soundmondo app not available for Genos..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:34:18 PM by Bachus »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 03:52:13 AM »
I think it is possible that sound sharing will happen for arrangers in time. If we create a single sound it is possible to export that sound (Content) as a .ppf. (sound pack with a single Voice). then it can be imported into YEM and added to another pack.

I don't think we will see a new format anytime soon, YEM is the standard for now... maybe forever. The biggest problem I see is how would we audition these sounds before we install them on our keyboards. If there was a way to export the sound as a .WAV file then it would be possible.

What is the format for MODX?

Joe H

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:56:17 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 03:50:49 PM »
I think it is possible that sound sharing will happen for arrangers in time. If we create a single sound it is possible to export that sound (Content) as a .ppf. (sound pack with a single Voice). then it can be imported into YEM and added to another pack.

I don't think we will see a new format anytime soon, YEM is the standard for now... maybe forever. The biggest problem I see is how would we audition these sounds before we install them on our keyboards. If there was a way to export the sound as a .WAV file then it would be possible.

What is the format for MODX?

Joe H

There is no dedicated file format defined for soundmondo, its entirely graphical..
You upload and download directly from the cloud.
But i guess its a form of 8XU (modx format user files, montage is X7U)
Its just not visible..

Compared to modx and espescially soundmondo, Yem feels like 1999..
Soundmondo is very nice for downloading new sounds, and then deep diving into them to find out how they are created..

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 04:30:26 PM »
If the sounds were available in .WAV format then we could import into YEM.

There is another option for YEM though... there are lots of SF2 files out there for sale for low price.  We can get all the sounds we want for our arrangers. I bought a several SF2 downloads that amount to many hundreds of sounds that are over 14GB uncompressed  for about $45.00 USD.

These sounds comprise every instrument sound from around the world that you can think of. Right now my focus is on synth sounds, but maybe one day I will want ethnic instrument sounds from around the world or traditional symphonic acoustic instruments, etc.

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:32:57 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »
If the sounds were available in .WAV format then we could import into YEM.

There is another option for YEM though... there are lots of SF2 files out there for sale for low price.  We can get all the sounds we want for our arrangers. I bought a several SF2 downloads that amount to many hundreds of sounds that are over 14GB uncompressed  for about $45.00 USD.

These sounds comprise every instrument sound from around the world that you can think of. Right now my focus is on synth sounds, but maybe one day I will want ethnic instrument sounds from around the world or traditional symphonic acoustic instruments, etc.

Joe H

I have the cs80 pack loaded in the modx, its incredible, butbthen its probably my favorite all time synth