Author Topic: Music Finder problem  (Read 5005 times)

Aussiejean

Music Finder problem
« on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »
Thanks in anticipation that someone can tell me what to do here. Although I have not used the music file system as have just made my own registrations, I thought I would investigate its possibilities. I checked my 910 and all styles are alongside their corresponding songs and all seems to work as expected. When I try to bring up any song record on my 970, except for a few,I get the message STOP STYLE FILE LOST-pages and pages the same message. The styles that are there seem to match their corresponding song, although it may be listed as the name of another song, such as eg: SONG-tonight you feel lonesome --STYLE -blue bayou. It seems that the styles from the keyboard are missing. Can I replace them?? I am helping my friend with his E453 as he is loving the Music finder and his works fine, but what can i do about mine??Hopefully- Jean.

Online Fred Smith

Re: Music Finder problem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
It sounds like you have the wrong database. Are you using the native 910 mfd?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
Thanks Fred. Not knowingly.I haven't. When I first got the 970 I  loaded some individual registration files from the 910 to the 970, but then taken the USB stick out before I saved the file, as one time I left it in while saving to 970 user and could not reload the file in the 910, so have been very careful since, but when I first got the 970 I may have done something to wipe the 970 mfd  out without knowing. If I  back up all my 970 files and do a factory or system reset would it replace them? Midnight now so I will worry about it tomorrow. It is so great to have this forum to go to for help, I really appreciate it. Thanks Jean.

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »
Thanks Fred. Not knowingly.I haven't. When I first got the 970 I  loaded some individual registration files from the 910 to the 970, but then taken the USB stick out before I saved the file, as one time I left it in while saving to 970 user and could not reload the file in the 910, so have been very careful since, but when I first got the 970 I may have done something to wipe the 970 mfd  out without knowing. If I  back up all my 970 files and do a factory or system reset would it replace them? Midnight now so I will worry about it tomorrow. It is so great to have this forum to go to for help, I really appreciate it. Thanks Jean.

I wouldn't bother with the factory reset. Just load the database from the website, which you can find here:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/OF/musicfinder.html

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Denn

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
Hello Jean, The style list in the Music Finder is for On-Board styles only. Any styles that are custom or renamed won't work. You can save your own songs to the music finder but you must have the on-board style for it to work. Sorry 'bout that, but that's what happens in Victoria. Regards, Den.
Love knitting dolls

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
Hello Jean, The style list in the Music Finder is for On-Board styles only. Any styles that are custom or renamed won't work. You can save your own songs to the music finder but you must have the on-board style for it to work. Sorry 'bout that, but that's what happens in Victoria. Regards, Den.

This is not correct. The Music Finder can easily handle user styles.

They just have to be in the same place you said they were when you created the record. If you move or rename a user style, that’s what breaks the link.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ