Author Topic: How can I get yep files to work on the s975?  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Danny1972

How can I get yep files to work on the s975?
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:05:51 PM »
Hello all,

I dug out the Expansion Packs I bought for the S950 when I used to own it in the hope I could use them on the S975 but I can't seem to get them loaded? I did ask if they were compatible and I was told they were... but I think that may not be the case as the file formats are very different.

Is there something else that I would need to do to get them working?

Thank you very much indeed,
Danny

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: How can I get yep files to work on the s975?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:37:41 AM »
According to the page at the following link, you should be able to get free S-model YEM versions of any YEP packs that you purchased from Yamaha Musicsoft. 

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s975/vse.html#product-tabs

In the sections 'World Music Expansion Packs' and further down the page, 'More Packs available!' it specifically says...

"If you have purchased Voice Style Expansion packs for PSR-S650/S750/S950, you can get the same pack for your new S-model, or a different pack if the same pack is not available. Please contact Yamaha MusicSoft customer support."

It must be worth contacting them!   ;)

Regards

Ian

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 12:06:05 PM »
Danster72,
Download  YEM v2.5.2
You can import yep pack to YEM and install it on your S975
Regards

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 12:15:08 PM »
YEM will recognise *some* things from the .yep file, but only some (and it's not much)

You cannot use a .yep file with YEM and have it work properly.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »
+1 Derek's comment. I've tried.  :(

Your best bet is to contact Yamaha Musicsoft. They kindly undated the S950 Church Organ pack (YEP) to S970 (YEM). Yes, the S970 pack installs and plays just fine on Genos. Should work on S975, too.

Yamaha Musicsoft was hassle-free. They'll look up your purchase history and go from there.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 03:02:52 PM »
Thank you for all the comments.

I tried to use the YEM v252 file (aka Expansion Manager Utility) and as already suggested it only partially worked where it only extracted the styles and none of the sounds or kits from the pack. Although it's better than nothing, it's still a bit disappointing especially with the Celtic pack that I used quite a bit of and was my favorite.

Hi Ian,

I will look into what you posted regarding contacting Yamaha.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:04:47 PM by Danster72 »