Author Topic: Controlling registration sequence with pedal  (Read 3667 times)

Fingerdance

Controlling registration sequence with pedal
« on: April 23, 2019, 09:30:34 PM »
Hello all,
This is my first post here but I have often benefited greatly from other posts. The contributors to this forum are really appreciated!
For my gigs, I accompany a singer who  uses a set order of songs. We have a relatively seamless show going though multiple registrations.
I have been able to set and save pedal settings, (e.g. to activate start/stop) in a specific registration.
I have also been able to  set up the pedal to move from one registration to another in sequence.
When I turn on the Registration sequence function it overrides any of my saved pedal functions in ALL of my registration banks. Does anyone know if there is a way to set up  a registration sequence controlled by pedal with one registration bank and to play the saved pedal settings when switching to a different registration bank, without going turning off the Registration sequence function in the FUNTION menu?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Controlling registration sequence with pedal
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:45:09 PM »
Hello all,
This is my first post here but I have often benefited greatly from other posts. The contributors to this forum are really appreciated!
For my gigs, I accompany a singer who  uses a set order of songs. We have a relatively seamless show going though multiple registrations.
I have been able to set and save pedal settings, (e.g. to activate start/stop) in a specific registration.
I have also been able to  set up the pedal to move from one registration to another in sequence.
When I turn on the Registration sequence function it overrides any of my saved pedal functions in ALL of my registration banks. Does anyone know if there is a way to set up  a registration sequence controlled by pedal with one registration bank and to play the saved pedal settings when switching to a different registration bank, without going turning off the Registration sequence function in the FUNTION menu?

Hi Fingerdance, welcome to the forum.

The answer is no. Once you enable a registration sequence, that pedal can't be used for any other function.

The workarounds are:
1. Buy another pedal.
2. Switch your pedal at the port on the keyboard. I'm betting it's easier to simply move the 1/4" jack from one port to another than to switch off the registration sequencer.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Fingerdance

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
Thanks a million for your speedy response and your suggestions  :).
I think buying another pedal is probably my best option, but in the meantime I will try moving the jack.
Cheers,
John

Offline Stijn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 11:31:45 AM »
Hi Fingerdance,

The same here as what Fred said.

I use a lot of Registrations and the Sequence function is a most helpful tool.
My Right pedal is set exclusively to advance in a Sequence, and if needed to jump to the following Registration if 8 buttons aren't enough.
It 's possible to assign the left pedal to move backwards in a sequence but I don't see any need to do that. It can be done using the Sequence.

My Left pedal uses different settings following the needs of the song I'm playing like Breaks, SyncStart, Harmony...

Stijn

I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 01:09:10 PM »
Fingerdance,

I accomplished what you want simply by purchasing another pedal as Fred stated above. It works great and does not affect the registrations.

Rick D.