Author Topic: Pitch Bend  (Read 4285 times)

HarleyRider

Pitch Bend
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:26:50 PM »
I have a 750 KB and wanting to use the steel pedal or Aloha guitar voices to simulate a steel pedal guitar on a Tejano song.  The desired sound seems to pitch bend (move the steel bar up and down) on several strings at the same time.  I would like depress several KB keys & use the pitch bend control to change both keys equally to simulate the sound.  Can I do this and how?  My settings change only one of the keys but not both creating an odd sounding result.

Online DerekA

Re: Pitch Bend
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »
I think this is a feature of the panel voice. But if you select a voice from the Legacy folder, it should do what you want.
Genos

HarleyRider

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 06:16:23 PM »
My legacy guitar voices don't include a steel guitar - voice.  If I select either the steel pedal or aloha guitar & also select Harmony, and then play the melody with one finger without the pitch bend,  everything sounds great.  However when I include the pitch bend to come up or down to the correct note, the harmony is no longer correct.  The base note is correct but the harmony portion I'd off.  Any other ideas?

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
I use a PSR-S950 keyboard and when I use the Steel Guitar voice, I have the Harmony button engaged and it sounds fine.

Here is the song "Don't Rock the Jukebox". You can hear the Steel Guitar voice used during each CHORUS of the song. In fact the song starts off with the chorus. The lead also sounds like a Steel Guitar but is actually two guitar voices blended together. You can bend the wheel and it sounds correct. 

https://app.box.com/s/p4ry7iv191p6bupc1k7y/file/2633238657

I don't know what you are doing wrong on your S970 keyboard. Take the attached style file and use the voices I have set up and copy and paste them into any of your own styles.

Regards
Drake

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:00:05 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector, wersianer, balcino