Author Topic: Expansion Pack - Gran Coda (Steinway D-274) [update v1.10]  (Read 21578 times)

Offline robinez

Re: Expansion Pack - Gran Coda (Steinway D-274)
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 11:47:26 PM »
Thank you for the step-by-step details!

Is your name actually on the keyboard in the upper-left in the video, or did you add that electronically? If it's real, how did you manage that? :)
The name is a text layer on the video

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:14 AM »
The name is a text layer on the video

DOH! :)
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Francesco Massa

Re: Expansion Pack - Gran Coda (Steinway D-274) [update v1.10]
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2019, 10:28:02 AM »
Guys, you know you are a little off-topic, don't you?  ::)
Please open an new thread, otherwise Francesco will never see my question about Grand Coda!  :'(

Hi arvacon,
sorry for the late in response!
Unfortunately in this period I have very little time due to work! But I'll work on samples as soon as possible!  :)

Francesco
Genos
Previously owned: PSR-740, Tyros2, Tyros3, Tyros4 & Tyros5

Offline arvacon

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »
Hi arvacon,
Unfortunately in this period I have very little time due to work! But I'll work on samples as soon as possible!  :)

Francesco
Hi Francesco, nice to have news from you.
That's ok, I will wait then!  :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:26:24 PM by arvacon »

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2020, 02:31:23 AM »

Does it work on the sx900? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Do you have more samples posted here on the Forum?

Offline YvonP

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2021, 05:56:54 AM »
The GranCoda Live is the piano voice I like the most on my Genos, so far, with a few tweaks:

Velocity depht 73, Release 8, Damper Resonance 51 instead of Chorus 1 Effect, Reverb 12, Chorus 12, Eq high -2, Eq low -5.

I do similar tweaks of velocity with most Genos built-in pianos, to give them more touch response, resonance, and note-off release effect.

Hope that helps,

Yvon
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:52:15 AM by YvonP »

Offline arvacon

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2021, 01:50:35 PM »
Hi arvacon,

Francesco
I am still waiting...  :'(

Offline overover

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2021, 07:57:54 PM »
Hi arvacon,

I have made some "Reduced Memory" versions of Francesco Massa's GranCoda (V1.10) voices (for use e.g. on the PSR-S770). You can download three of them here from my dropbox:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vb9xhajw0u5atyr/AABPYWO9xp-Qu0x44lYEnCLia?dl=0

Description:
GranCodaConcert_R3Ly_147MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaConcert voice (which has 5 velocity layers), but reduced to 3 velocity layers. I also removed some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

GranCodaMono_R5Ly_131MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaMono voice (5 velocity layers), but reduced by some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

GranCodaLive_R2Ly_89MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaLive voice (2 velocity layers), but reduced by some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

P.S.
I haven't tested these edited voices on any keyboard yet (only listened to them in the YEM).

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:03:38 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

The following users thanked this post: arvacon, balcino

Offline arvacon

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
Hi arvacon,

I have made some "Reduced Memory" versions of Francesco Massa's GranCoda (V1.10) voices (for use e.g. on the PSR-S770). You can download three of them here from my dropbox:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vb9xhajw0u5atyr/AABPYWO9xp-Qu0x44lYEnCLia?dl=0

Description:
GranCodaConcert_R3Ly_147MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaConcert voice (which has 5 velocity layers), but reduced to 3 velocity layers. I also removed some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

GranCodaMono_R5Ly_131MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaMono voice (5 velocity layers), but reduced by some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

GranCodaLive_R2Ly_89MB.ppf:
The original GranCodaLive voice (2 velocity layers), but reduced by some "ultra low" and "ultra high" samples.

P.S.
I haven't tested these edited voices on any keyboard yet (only listened to them in the YEM).

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris

Wow, that's a perfect Christmas delayed gift!I was waiting long time for this!
I am downloading them right away, so I will test them and I will inform you.

Thank you so much Chris!  ;)

Happy new year!
Arvacon
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:02:27 PM by arvacon »

Offline PSRTom

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2021, 11:10:20 PM »
Hi Francesco,
I have read that some of the users from this site were disappointed with the SX700/900 piano voices. I'm no expert, but they did sound a little "thin" to me.  A search for "piano" got me to your post.

I just loaded your Concert and Live Voices (along with a mix of the built-in Europe and Classical Styles) into my SX700. The mix is 381 MB, close to my SX700's 400MB max. 
Your Concert Voice is so much richer than the built-in piano voices. Thank you for sharing your hard work.

Tom K.

Offline tolica78

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »
Hi Chris,
don't worry, that voice has been created in the past for Tyros4 in UVN format, and YEM marks the voice with yellow color, but it should be perfectly playable!

Francesco
I created the voice in Yem and with new waves and also turning yellow! ? Dont know

Offline Misu

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
Hi,

Here I will share with you my piano pack collection.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11KMDKqs3ll_ClixbO02ztkpsO_Z0R9gK/view?usp=sharing
First is almost Gran Coda Live for PSR minus 6 waves and with release time of the sides equal with the middle 65 - 94.7Mb C0-C7
Second same Gran Coda Live with only one velocity on the middle and common release to 20 - 58.4Mb
3. Unchanged Simple Steinway - 26.4Mb
4. Tyros 4 Lounge Piano - 12.6Mb - orange but good.
5. My pathetic trail to obtain the same sound in YEM like Tyros Voice creator with the recovered waves.
6,7,8,9 - 4 YDP pianos 5 velocities.
10. Tyros 4 Klaus El. Piano - 8.7Mb - orange

Hope to be usefully.
Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000

The following users thanked this post: overover, balcino

Offline Colin D

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 10:57:23 AM »
Hi Francesco,

thank you very much for sharing this valuable Grand Piano Pack!

BTW:
I noticed that the voice "GranCodaLegacy" has a yellow/orange icon in YEM. This usually indicates an altered PRESET voice. What is the reason for that? Does this voice, besides its own samples, also use PRESET samples of the keyboard?

Thank you Very much

Best regards,
Chris
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline overover

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2021, 04:40:40 PM »
I created the voice in Yem and with new waves and also turning yellow! ? Dont know

Hi tolica78,

If you use one of the options "Create Normal Voice" or "Create Drum Voice" in YEM, the icon will be "normal" (not yellow/orange).

If you use one of the options "Create Genos/Tyros5 Custom Normal Voice" or "Create Genos/Tyros5 Custom Drum Voice", the icon will be yellow/orange. (See also the attached picture.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:41:44 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2021, 06:17:28 PM »
Hi tolica78,

If you use one of the options "Create Normal Voice" or "Create Drum Voice" in YEM, the icon will be "normal" (not yellow/orange).

If you use one of the options "Create Genos/Tyros5 Custom Normal Voice" or "Create Genos/Tyros5 Custom Drum Voice", the icon will be yellow/orange. (See also the attached picture.)

Best regards,
Chris

Right Chris and, if I remember well, importing an old UVN / UVD voice format from Tyros4, also in this case the icon becomes yellow, but you can play it / edit it on all YEM compatible instruments like a "normal background" voice. I'm ready to edit this post if I'm wrong!

Francesco
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 06:19:34 PM by Francesco Massa »
Genos
Previously owned: PSR-740, Tyros2, Tyros3, Tyros4 & Tyros5

Offline overover

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2021, 12:18:50 AM »
Right Chris and, if I remember well, importing an old UVN / UVD voice format from Tyros4, also in this case the icon becomes yellow, but you can play it / edit it on all YEM compatible instruments like a "normal background" voice. I'm ready to edit this post if I'm wrong!

Francesco

Yes, you are right, Francesco! Imported UVN/UVD voices are also "yellow/orange" in the YEM. This can be avoided by importing the UVN/UVD files in question into "Awave Studio" and then saving in SF2 format (with "Save selected instrument as ..."). This SF2 file can then be imported into the YEM (e.g. as "content" into an existing Pack) without the icon being "yellow/orange". :)

I was only referring to the post from "tolica78" (where he wrote "I created the voice in Yem and with new waves and also turning yellow!? Dont know.")

So I assumed that his question mainly relates to newly created Custom Voices (by him), not to imported Tyros3/4 UVN/UVD Voices or already "yellow/orange" Voices from existing .ppf Packs. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:46:18 AM by overover »