Author Topic: yamaha genos speakers  (Read 13043 times)

axedarren28

yamaha genos speakers
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:36:46 AM »
hi everyone wonder if anyone could help me.
I have the genos speakerset.
I have a problem the left satellite speaker has stopped working tried unplugging and plug back in still not working swapped speakers around still not working tried adifferent satellite speaker cable into genos still no lesft speaker working.
whats the best thing to do get back to me thanks.

Online EileenL

Re: yamaha genos speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
Check the cable is firmly pushed in on the woofer. If moved a lot or pushed against a wall it can become partly dislodged

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 03:32:58 PM »
Agreed, check all connections - Left, Right, Sub...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »
Hi
Get yourself some decent full range speakers .
You will not look back.
The Genos system is like a transister radio for sound and too expensive for what it is .
£300 for a mediocre system  is throwing money away. Also comes with cheap battery wires, unbelievably making mugs of us.

We pay £5000 nearly for a decent machine and a £1000 on speakers is cheap in comparison.
£700 more than Genos speakers
BUT!!!! they will last you through the next three or four Genos'es and you will make that money up  and more by then.
To me that makes common sense.

Well this is my opinion only  :) 8)

john
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:46:03 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »
Don't know anyone who paid any where near £5000 for there Genos and a lot are happy with there speakers. I find mine ample for home playing and only use larger speakers on Gigs.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »
Hi Eileen
Even £ 4000 for a keyboard deserves good speakers
I have realized cutting corners never pays in the long run.
I know that you are happy with the Genos speakers, but I found them very sub-standard for the price.
I find the Genos speakers tinny and not a nice rounded sound.
Well as I said ,that is my opinion only and hopefully not offensive to others.
I have found over time that  if you pay for quality, music is much better at lower volumes and does not hurt your ears and gives you that warm sound. :)

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 09:51:21 PM »
I as well was not satisfied with the Genos factory speakers. They are nice for what they are though, for sure.

I tried many types and styles of speaker setups. Literally, money was no object...I just wanted to know what was really going to do the trick and then find out how to afford them later. :)

Turns out one of the lower cost options was the sweet spot for me. Two LD-Systems Maui 5 line array powered speakers are completely awesome. I have a review in the proper section here in the forum you can check out.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »
I don't see an LD-Systems Maui dealer anywhere close to Toronto. Are there any Canadian dealers?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:21:52 AM »
I don't see an LD-Systems Maui dealer anywhere close to Toronto. Are there any Canadian dealers?

There wasn't a dealer anywhere within two states for me. They came highly recommended enough by people here on the forum that I ordered one sight unseen to see what it was like before I got a second one.

Believe it not, I got mine on Amazon. Free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime, a decent return policy, and they gave me a 4-year extended warranty for $70!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
How do they compare to the Bose L1 Compacts?

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 11:56:44 PM »
How do they compare to the Bose L1 Compacts?

For the money, I don't think there's much of a comparison. The Maui 5 wins hands down at $550 US.

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 12:36:45 AM »
Reviews I have seen for Maui 5s are very favorable, and so easy to transport and set up.  Even more favorable for the Maui 11s which still cost less than the Bose. Definitely seem to be a well made product. One review of the 11s talked about crystal clear sound with no feedback in a gig of close to 200 peaple. Impressive.
Mike

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 02:19:33 AM »
Reviews I have seen for Maui 5s are very favorable and so easy to transport and set up.  Even more favorable for the Maui 11s which still cost less than the Bose. Definitely, seem to be a well-made product. One review of the 11s talked about crystal clear sound with no feedback in a gig of close to 200 people. Impressive.
Mike

That's all true Mike. I never got a chance to see, touch, or hear the first one I bought before it arrived. I talked to several members on here who raved about them, so in the end, I just took the plunge, closed my eyes and hit the buy button. :)

From the moment I plugged in my Genos and played for about 30 seconds, I knew there was going to be another one on the way. To me, they sound like they were made for the Genos

Transporting is so, so easy. The speaker stick breaks down into three pieces that slide into a bag you can easily carry in one hand. You slide the other cover over the sub and there's s built-in handle. One in one hand, and one in the other. Easy and light to carry the whole thing. Setup and tear down take about 90 seconds.

There are built-in compression and anti-feedback processing. The bass reproduction is big and solid. I've not been able to stay in the room long enough to turn it up to its full potential, it's too painfully loud as you near that point.

Offline mikf

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 02:54:52 AM »
The company who makes them LD systems, seem like a very high tech German company. One of their speaker systems was designed in collaboration with Porsche. I thought they were some kind of Bose copycat fly by night, but in looking into them I obviously got that wrong.
Mike

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 03:37:32 AM »
From what I understand they do all the designing at their facility in Germany and then the manufacturing it done in China, which keeps the prices down.

Offline manuel

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 05:46:52 AM »
I play out with my Yamaha Genos and before that, I did use my Tyros5, then at the time, I had 4 Bose Compacts and performed at a large place and I use all 4 and barely made it....then, I got 2 Maui LD 5s...and ONLY 2 fill the same big place and sound much better and I can get a better bass response than the 4 Compacts, so, I sold all 4 Compacts, and now it has been almost 2 years and I am very happy with the performance of this gear, I play between 11 to 18 dances at month, and NEVER had an issue with the LD5s, I would recommend them highly. I use a small Mixer Yamaha MG 6 and the outputs to the LD 5s.....sweet sound.

My 2 Cents.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
The Maui 5s sure look interesting. There are no Canadian dealers. I won't buy anything without listening first. They can be had for around $850 each, on Amazon.ca.

Perhaps I should become a Canadian dealer. It's funny how Canada is always placed on the back burner. We're always last to receive new products. Seems like the whole world could care less about us, until they need our armed forces or simply want to move here for our low crime rate and very generous social programs. That's all for today's rant ;D!

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 05:27:50 PM »
Anyone wanting good monitor speakers
Check out the Focal Alpha 50's for home

Offline Tommy 73

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:17:41 PM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

twoferns

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 01:16:50 AM »
hi everyone wonder if anyone could help me.
I have the genos speakerset.
I have a problem the left satellite speaker has stopped working tried unplugging and plug back in still not working swapped speakers around still not working tried a different satellite speaker cable into genos still no lesft speaker working.
whats the best thing to do get back to me thanks.

Hi Axedarren28,

I also have the GNS-MS01 speaker system and it failed twice in eight months. Yamaha replaced the subwoofer both times, but their explanation for why it failed was unsatisfactory. The repair person said that the DIN cable had become bent which caused the subwoofer to "burn." I contacted Yamaha support and they repeated to me what the repair person said, and they implied that I had damaged the cable, which I did not. So now I'm afraid the system will fail a third time and it will be out of warranty.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
Hate those battery wires
They have cheap wiring and it is like Clapham Junction ;D

Offline harry t

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
There is a slider button just above song a and b section .If too left or right it reduces sound on that particular speaker

harry t

Online EileenL

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
The slider you mention is for the volume of two songs you have cued to play and you can then fade one song out and bring in the other one. Rather like a DJ dose. It has nothing to do with speaker volumes.