Author Topic: Pro Style Music Styles  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Nickt5

Pro Style Music Styles
« on: February 22, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
Just been looking at the youtube video demos of the latest offering but not really sure the price will attract many sales - especially more so as you cant load these as a .ppf file which I feel is a restriction. At $130 I think these are a tad expensive and now our of my price range.

https://prostylemusic.net/product/psm-pop-essential-pack-1-premium-voice-style-expansion-pack/

Lets hope they have some discount codes like Yamaha and the other sellers

Offline terryB

Re: Pro Style Music Styles
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
Hi Nick
Looking at the website info it says the pack is supplied in cpf and cpi format, same as Yamaha packs ?  :-\

Cheers
Terry

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 04:16:31 PM »
I purchased their products before.  I do not like their licensing scheme at all, and so I decided to not purchase any more of their products.

Usually the expansion packs directly published by Yamaha come in with PPF and PPI files.  The Yamaha PPF files allow us to install the same expansion pack for multiple Yamaha arranger keyboards without additional cost.

ProStyle Music (PSM) licensing scheme is very strict, the CPF file will install in YEM for only the one Yamaha arranger keyboard you register with them.  If you own more than one Yamaha arranger keyboard, you will have to pay extra for the same product.  Their expansion packs only use their own voice samples, and so we cannot easily modify the voices of their styles to be used on other Yamaha arranger keyboards.

Thanks,
Paul

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:33:35 AM »
I think you have some confusion. Any Premium package you buy from Yamaha, you will only receive CPF files for Yamaha arranger keyboard you own and register in your account. Since launching YEM 2.4.1 with CPF format, Yamaha no longer provides PPF format for customers.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:37:04 PM »
The CPF files from Yamaha can be installed for any compatible Yamaha arrangers for me so far.

The CPF files from PSM can only be installed on one Yamaha arranger - you have to pay extra for the second arranger.