Author Topic: Genos Lacks SFX voices?  (Read 6698 times)

melokeyz

Genos Lacks SFX voices?
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:01:47 PM »
I have no idea how come Yamaha haven't included SFX voices in Genos workstation such as rain, birds, wind, dogs parking, ... etc. My PSR E353 has SFX voices. I create lots of chillout/ambient music and I am in continuous need for these voices. Do I really need to manually download them as WAVs and link them to multipads?. The price I paid for this instrument should makes me avoid downloading free contents and buying expansion packs for at least 2 years. SFX voices are very basic to be included.

Offline rdiazhin

Re: Genos Lacks SFX voices?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:52 PM »
Genos has SFX voices. They are located on Drumkit and Legacy->Drumkit

Use the voice search function for SFX and it will find the following voices:

NewSFX Kit 1
NewSFX Kit 2
SFX Kit 1
SFX Kit 2
Current Keyboards: Yamaha Genos

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »
Is anybody knows where the "old" folders of voices legacy,GM2 and GM&XG are located in Genos?
The voices that melokeyz is reffering are not in drumkits because you can use all the notes for a wave or a wind sound etc so they are "normal" voices.
On my psr s750 all these sounds are in a subfolder which is called "SoundEffect" in GM2 and GM&XG

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »
Have a look here. The voices are on Genos but they removed them from the preset list. At this link you will find the voice definition files which you can put on a USB stick then copy to the user drive.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44058.msg347642.html#msg347642
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:31:45 PM by DerekA »
Genos

melokeyz

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:28:33 PM »
Genos has SFX voices. They are located on Drumkit and Legacy->Drumkit

Use the voice search function for SFX and it will find the following voices:

NewSFX Kit 1
NewSFX Kit 2
SFX Kit 1
SFX Kit 2

Yes, I checked these but no sound was produced when I hit the keys as if they were empty folders. I did everything starting by checking each voice category one by one and ending by using the search function. Couldn't find one.

melokeyz

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »
Have a look here. The voices are on Genos but they removed them from the preset list. At this link you will find the voice definition files which you can put on a USB stick then copy to the user drive.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44058.msg347642.html#msg347642

Looks like a solution to me, thanks a ton. :)
Will post my findings when I try that.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »
Here they are.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, wersianer, acparker, GUILLERMO, balcino

Offline Bob88

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 04:48:03 PM »
Thank you Eileen.  Bob