Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Recording & Song Player

Can't change the instrument in a channel in MIDI Multirecording

(1/4) > >>

melokeyz:
Dear all,

When I create a style using the Style Creator, I can select the instrument in each of the 8 channels by simply touching the instrument icon and the Voices window open. This is not the case in MIDI multirecording. When I touch the instrument icon, it opens the part settings window to select the parts (Right 1, Left, Right2, Right3, M.PAD1, M.PAD2, ....... etc).

I want to change the instrument in each channel like I do when I create a style. How would I record a channel without specifying first the instrument that I want? Or maybe simply I still don't understand how it works. I read about MIDI multirecording in the reference manual several times but it didn't mention how to change the instrument in each channel.

I am on the latest version of the firmware.

Have anyone faced this issue?

Thx

jwyvern:
Once you have loaded the song into Multi recorder, go to Mixer and select the song1-8 tab. There you will see the usual array of voices. Make changes then exit back to recorder. Before saving push Setup, then Execute. Then save.
John

melokeyz:
Thanks  :)

Make sense.

Let me try that and come back with an update.

EileenL:
You would normally select the voices you were going to use in a recording and save to a registration bank. Then all you do is press the buttons you want with the voices you have set up as you record.

melokeyz:
But I guess the registration memory buttons are used mainly for live performance. For example, I don't have to create a button for drum kits just to record my rhythm. It's not practical. Selecting a voice directly through a channel is way more practical like I did in Style Creator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version