Author Topic: Music Finder missing styles...  (Read 2682 times)

alfaholic

Music Finder missing styles...
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:14:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

Music finder says the styles are missing, but all styles are where they used to be, the only change I made is some editing in StyleMagic. The names are the same, location is the same.

Any ideas?

Offline Bruce Breen

Re: Music Finder missing styles...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »
Hi,
I use MusicFinderView to edit my music finder files...
If I don't set a specific setting in the software to allow or accept user or unknown styles (not preset keyboard files) before I load the file to work on, then it will not keep the location of the user files (which usually just a number).
When I put the altered file back on the keyboard, then the location defaults to the last alphabetical regular keyboard style on my keyboard (in my case it is a style called "Zuke").

Maybe StyleMagic has a similar trait? (maybe check your options/settings tab to see if it can accept your user or unknown styles...?)
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 09:45:39 PM »
Hello everyone,

Music finder says the styles are missing, but all styles are where they used to be, the only change I made is some editing in StyleMagic. The names are the same, location is the same.

Any ideas?

You just have changed something. The file name, folder, extension. Did you preserve the icon number?

The music finder looks for the name of the file, so that’s what you need to check.

Or, just update the mf entry.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

alfaholic

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »
The thing is nothing has changed. The name is the same, icon is the same, extension (upper case) is the same, location, everything is the same.
Another strange thing is happening, after I copy some styles to the USB to edit them in the computer, and put them back Music Finder doubles the number of songs. Then I reload the Music Finder file, and everything is normal again.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:59:23 PM by alfaholic »