Author Topic: Reduce Sun Glare on Genos Touchscreen  (Read 8773 times)

Offline Tonyo1000

Reduce Sun Glare on Genos Touchscreen
« on: April 12, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »
Any ideas on a product to reduce sun glare on my touchscreen?   When performing out doors it is very difficult to read touch screen display.  Old school fix is a notebook to block sun out so I can read screen.
Tony O.
Singer, Keyboard Player, One Man Band
Yamaha Genos
Bose L1 Pro 16's

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Reduce Sun Glare on Genos Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Any ideas on a product to reduce sun glare on my touchscreen?   When performing out doors it is very difficult to read touch screen display.  Old school fix is a notebook to block sun out so I can read screen.

Glare is a problem with every screen, on every keyboard ever created.

The solution is to have a canopy. You should just include this as one of your requirements for the gig. It will also protect you as well.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline zionip

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
Interesting info here ... one thing I found at a recent gig is that an overcast day, i.e. lots of white clouds, was actually *worse* than sunlight ... it was like having a sky-sized white light all above you!  A strategically placed patio umbrella was put into place and made the screen usable albeit still fairly hard to see.  I know this is a problem with anything with a screen - my iPad seems to do somewhat better than my Genos, although I can tilt my music stand to get the best angle on the iPad ...

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 08:03:07 PM »
Interesting info here ... one thing I found at a recent gig is that an overcast day, i.e. lots of white clouds, was actually *worse* than sunlight ... it was like having a sky-sized white light all above you!  A strategically placed patio umbrella was put into place and made the screen usable albeit still fairly hard to see.  I know this is a problem with anything with a screen - my iPad seems to do somewhat better than my Genos, although I can tilt my music stand to get the best angle on the iPad ...

Jim

Jim- it will be interesting to see if the 1.4 update support for secondary displays will include touch input (assuming the Genos hardware supports that). If so that may alleviate some of the glare issues in brightly lit environments.