Author Topic: 2019 1st quarter report  (Read 8730 times)

Offline Joe W

2019 1st quarter report
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »
When I summed up some statistics for the past year, I asked where we might be going in the future.  The responses did show support to keep the information available on the older keyboards since many of our members still use and appreciate those older keyboards.

For the past quarter, I have been working with my new version of DreamWeaver trying to make the site more responsive.  By that I mean that a page could be comfortably viewed whether the user was viewing it on a large high-definition computer display, on a small computer screen, a tablet such as the iPad, or even on some of the newer smartphones.  The current site had been designed for a screen that could handle 900 pixels across.  If your viewing port was smaller, things would get truncated requiring scrolling left and right. 

In redoing the pages, I opted to set a max screen size of 1000 pixels.  If the screen is larger, the page is simply centered on the screen with a width of 1000.  If the screen shrinks, the page width adjusts accordingly.  I also opted for a slightly larger font on the big screens to make things easier to read.  As the screen shrinks, the font size may be adjusted to get the navigation bars to fit ok.

I've been testing the new pages on a developmental copy of the site.  Today, I uploaded new pages to four sections: Links, Utilities, Music, and Orders.  The Music section includes the Fake Books, Fakebook song Indexes, the Top Songs section, the Pro Clinic, Articles, Projects, and the Secrets of Chords course.  All told, over 200 pages have been updated.  I have made some minor changes and updates to these sections.  Hopefully, there aren't any major problems with the new pages.  (The old pages are, of course, backed up!)

I still need to redo the Lessons (100 pages), Songs (150 pages), and Styles (80 pages) sections.  Some rearranging of these sections may also be appropriate.  Hopefully, this will help explain why I am not always present on the forum every day. 

Feel free to check out the updated sections.  I noticed when I tried to look in Firefox, I had to refresh the page before the new page appeared since it was still loading a cached page.  Needless to say, if you find any errors or broken links, do let me know and I'll get them fixed up.

Offline Al Ram

Re: 2019 1st quarter report
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
Joe

Thanks so much for your great effort in keeping this website up to date and available.

It is an invaluable resource . . . .

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:38:55 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Kobus

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »
You are awesome, Joe, just awesome! Thank you a million times for all the good and time consuming work!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 12:07:03 AM »
Hello Joe,
   I haven't run into any problems using this forum.  My computer is a 9 &3/4" x 14 &1/2" laptop.
 Thank you for this wonderful up to date forum that serves many musical interests & requirements by members all around the world! 

Kind Regards,
Gloria Hanson
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:10:04 AM by Gloria »
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline hammer

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 01:13:45 AM »
Joe,
It is absolutely awesome what you have done with this forum over the years.  Without a doubt it is still the very best forum on the internet for Yamaha arranger owners.  It was an honor to meet you and your family  in person - maybe someday we will be able to visit again. 

Thank you is just not enough for the time and money you spend for the welfare of this forum's members.  I hope all the members purchase your offerings or at least donate to your fund to keep this wonderful forum alive and well.

Deane

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline hans1966

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 03:43:28 AM »
Hello Joe, thank you very much for keeping this wonderful forum. I have always received help when I needed it. I also take the opportunity to thank the members of the forum who are always ready to help with their advice to those who still do not know in depth our keyboard arreglista. Greetings. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
Joe. APPRECIATED.

graham uk
DGX670

Offline gfraden

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi Joe,
I just went on the site to search for something, clicked on the Site Directory. It is beautiful! Thanks for all the work you’ve done and I’m looking forward to seeing more of the changes you’re making.
George

Offline pmedina

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »
Hi Joe, we enjoyed your effort, thank you very much.

rogerc

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 05:06:48 AM »
 Best night ever wonderful job.
Appreciate all the work effort thought that goes into running such a site.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
Thanks Joe W for all the hard work you put into this site.  Where would we be without the PSR Tutorial or this Forum!  (LOST)

:)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html