Author Topic: genos automatic turn off function  (Read 17610 times)

Offline motekmusic

genos automatic turn off function
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:54:28 AM »
 :)
Hello,,

I can't seem to find where the automatic turn off feature can be enabled.
The keyboard used to turn off automatically after 30 minutes of non usage.
Now it does not turn off at all.
Where and how can this feature be found and started again.
Thanks so much for any help.

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline Dromeus

Re: genos automatic turn off function
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
Hi Elaine

Just go to Menu2 / Utility / Sytem. Parameter "Auto Power Off" is what you're looking for.
Regards, Michael

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »
Thanks Dromeus.

It is over 30 minutes since have been off the keyboard and the Auto power off is set for 30 minutes.
 Am i missing something??? or is it the keyboard.

Not sure what to do.

cheers
elaine

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »
Hi Michael and Elaine,

I have tried to set up the automatic turn off several times using the same method as Dromeus but it never works.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong or missing a vital step.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so have you any advice.

Thank you

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:05:56 PM »
Hi Michael and Elaine,

I have tried to set up the automatic turn off several times using the same method as Dromeus but it never works.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong or missing a vital step.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so have you any advice.

Thank you

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Hi Trevor.

Did your auto turnoff  ever work???
Mine worked since the day it was out of the box... It was just recently that i noticed the machine was staying on until i shut it.

hope we get this problem solved.

cheers
elaine

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »
Hello Elaine,

When I received my Genos, I upgraded the keyboard to the 1.3 update before using it.

The automatic turn off feature has never worked.

I am wondering if it worked in the 1.2 version but not in the 1.3 update.

At the back of my mind, I feel sure I’ve read something, somewhere about this but can’t recall what it is.

Sorry this will be no use to you but maybe someone can give us an explanation.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:15:19 PM by MINKYCATS »
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »
Hello Elaine,
  Go to function on page 2 and select System. Press the bottom line which says Auto power off. Now turn the wheel until you have what you want. Exit screen and turn off keyboard as this seems to trigger your new setting. I have just tried it on my keyboard and set it for five minutes using the above and it works with no problem. It was one of the things that was put right on Version 1.3 update.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
Hello Eileen,

I might have guessed that you would come up with an explanation and assistance.

You really are wonderful and understand your keyboards like no one else I know.

Thanks again.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »
Hi Eileen,

The keyboard is now set for 10 minutes shut off.   The machine was turned on about 9 minutes ago.
So we shall see soon.

BTW... i do have the 1.3 update.

cheers
elaine
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:31:15 PM by motekmusic »

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
Hi again,

It has been a good 10 minutes... Machine still on even though i did close it per Eileen's instructions and turned it on again.
Am wondering what is Auto Power  Saving message.. mine is set at 5 minutes.????

cheers
elaine

Offline markstyles

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 02:48:22 PM »
Just noticed myself. When I first got Genos.  Auto power off turned off.  Which I really didn't like = I would disable it.  But somewhere along the line, (with an update) the auto power off has stopped working. Irregardless of the the shut off time I select. 

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 02:53:28 PM »
Hello guys and gals,

Followed Eileen’s instructions but still didn’t work for me.

Pearls of wisdom needed here!!!

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Just noticed myself. When I first got Genos.  Auto power off turned off.  Which I really didn't like = I would disable it.  But somewhere along the line, (with an update) the auto power off has stopped working. Irregardless of the the shut off time I select.

Hi Mark,

Also at first not too happy with machine shutting off but got used to it and many times left the house etc. assuming it would go off
only to find the lights still blinking after returning from  grocery shopping.    Am careful to make sure the machine is shut during
rain, thunder storms or air force activity on our northern border.   
The s970 and s975 also have that function but never a problem.
Now i see that one can set the amount of time desired or do a complete shut off.  In our cases, maybe others the machine does
not want to go to sleep... .....

cheers
elaine

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »
Auto Power is when the keyboard is not used for the time you set. The power will drop meaning lights will dim and the keyboard will not use so much power. I don't think anyone ever uses this but it is an option. Choose the option that suits best but not both. That is don't use them together. I personally don't use this function as I prefer to be in charge.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:49:59 PM by EileenL »

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 03:43:13 PM »
Auto Power is when the keyboard is not used for the time you set. The power will drop meaning lights will dim and the keyboard will not use so much power. I don't think anyone ever uses this but it is an option. hoose the option that suits best but not both.

Hi Eileen,

I have now disabled the auto power and will see if machine will shut off.
Thanks for helping.

cheers
elaine

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »
Hello,

The machine has turned off.
I had disabled the auto power function and turned off machine then turned on again,,, set for 10 minutes.
Tried 2 times to make sure.
Apparently when the Auto power feature is active the auto turnoff is disabled.    ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Well, not going to try  to figure  out why?? this is so,, just satisfied that the turnoff function seems to be restored.
Thanks for all the tips and tricks...

cheers
elaine

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 08:07:41 PM »
Glad it worked for you. I think this is where people have problems because they try to have both functions working but as mentioned before it has to be one or the other.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »
Thanks for your further input Eileen.

I shall try it out tomorrow.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
Hi guys and gals,

I have just tried Eileen’s method again but it didn’t work for me.

Is it possible that the upgrade file 1.3 is corrupted in some way I wonder?

Perhaps I could try applying the update again.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:27:14 AM by MINKYCATS »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 03:48:47 PM »
Did you make sure that you have not got the Auto Power Function on. Make sure it is showing Disabled.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »
Hello Eileen,

Yes Auto Power function is showing as disabled and turnoff set to 5 mins. No luck.

Tried Auto Power set as disabled and turn off set to 10 mins. Again keyboard didn’t turn off.

Although this worked for Elaine it won’t work on my Genos.

Very strange. I’m convinced it’s something to do with my 1.3 update but I’m fed up with trying to make it work.

I hate to admit defeat but think on this occasion I will have to. I can live without this feature.

So I think I’ll just wait for the 1.4 update which is not too long away and see if that fixes things.

Thanks again Eileen for your help.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:55:25 PM by MINKYCATS »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 12:22:49 AM »
hello Trevor,

This is just a thought..I do not have a genos but only a tyros five that has the auto off feature.

When I bring up this feature I see AUTO POWER OFF  This is probably what you see as well. If not then disregard this post and accept my apologies for wasting your time.

In my opinion Yamaha should have made the thing read like this  AUTO POWEROFF  Perhaps if you read it this way you will get the meaning a little differently.  Then just choose the time you want eg 30 minutes  If  you choose disabled as an option it won't work at all

That's my two pennies worth

regards

Ron J

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:59 AM »
Hi RONBO,

I used to have a Tyros  5 but I think the options on Genos are different.

On Genos there is Auto Power Saving - this can be set so that after a predetermined time (say 10mins) the display button lights will be dimmed or it can be set to disabled which I have done.

There is also a separate  Auto Power Off option. This should, actually, turn the keyboard off after a predetermined amount of time. I tried 10 mins this morning again. This will only work if the Auto Power Saving is disabled as per Eileen’s explanation.

Thus the settings available on Tyros 5 and Genos are different.

I appreciate your posting, but in this instance it will not solve the problem. But was worth a try.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »
Hello Trevor,
  Version 1.3 update corrected the auto turn off as it had not been working correctly.
Go to Menu and on page two select function. Now select System The third line down should read Disabled. The forth or bottom line just touch so it is highlighted and now move the wheel until you have it set to what you want.
The screen now shows

Disabled
Auto Power OFF 10 minutes (or what ever you choose)

Mine works fine.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »
Hello Eileen,

You must have the patience of a Saint to be able to deal with problems like mine.

I have followed your instructions very closely and the screen does show

Disabled
Auto Power Off 10 mins

Then exited and turned Genos off and then back on but still doesn’t work for me.

Thank you so much for persevering with trying to solve my problem.

I still think that the 1.3 update might have been corrupted in some way or I could just be going mad!!!

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »
Hi Trevor,
  Why not install the update again.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 05:23:46 PM »
Hello again  :'( :-* :-\

The machine was shutting off when i had the 10 minute time set,,, disabled the power off feature. 
Now, have the machine back to a 30 minute shut off time which is NOT WORKING.
Have tried this 2 times at 30 minutes and machine still on.
It obeyed at the 10 minute set but not now at 30 minutes.

Why would the machine prefer to shut at 10 rather than 30???
Also  wonder whether Trevor has tried the timing options as perhaps 10 minutes is the preferred shut off.
Anyway, am back with same problem.   

BTW  the machine came with the 1.3 update and worked just fine at 30 until a week or so ago.   I never monkeyed with
any auto power feature.

thanks for any help, suggestions advice etc.

cheers
elaine

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 07:04:43 PM »
Hello Eileen and Elaine,

Thanks Eileen for your suggestion.

I have downloaded a new 1.3 update today from the UK Yamaha site and installed it.

The problem still exists however.

Elaine I have only tried the 5 minute and 10 minute settings but Genos refuses to turn off. My machine has never turned off ever since I bought it.

I find this really strange and there must be a reason and explanation for this behaviour.

I can live without this feature and so I’m tempted to just wait for the 1.4 update in June and see what happens once that is installed.😵

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:13:15 PM by MINKYCATS »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »
Hello Trevor,
 I have been assuming that once you set your time for Auto turn off you are then playing the keyboard as you normally do. Now when you finish and get up and walk away it will turn off after your 10 minuets. This is the idea of the function that if suddenly called away from the keyboard it will shut of after what ever time you have set if you don't return.

Offline GrantB

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »
H All,

My Genos has not been shutting off since the last upgrade either. I always have it set for ten minutes at home but it will not shut down on its own. I hope they fix in next upgrade.

Cheers

Grant

Offline EileenL

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
This was fixed with update 1.3 and now works as it should. Read above some of the entree's and they will have it working for you.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 03:41:14 PM »
Help Eileen and Grant,

Eileen - you are correct in what you say but the keyboard will not turn off. Thanks for your patience and perseverance.

Grant is experiencing the same difficulties as myself.

Weird and I wonder if anyone else has this problem. So far Elaine, Grant and myself have been identified but there  may, of course, be others.

I’m hoping for a fix in the next upgrade.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline Jim

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 12:55:56 AM »
I just tried mine about an hour ago before the news came on and it's still on 45 minutes later.  I made sure the Auto Power was disabled and the Auto Off set for 5 minutes.  I played it a few moments the walked away.... didn't shut off.

Jim

Offline Toril S

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
A soft reset maybe?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 11:16:43 AM »
 :)
Hello again,

Have tried several more times to test this function.
I have had the machine since last July and it always shut off at 30 minutes up until a few weeks ago.
Per instructions went into the menu and disable the auto power off,, apparently even with it on the machine was shutting off at 30.
Once the auto power was disabled, the machine was again set at 30 minutes, which did not affect the turn off at all,the machine
remained open.
However after testing it at the 10 minute time set, the machine did turn off.
Today i just tested it again at 15 minutes shut off, and the machine did turn off.
Then i just finished doing the 30 minute stint again,, the machine is still on.
Am curious as to if anyone has tried the different time options and found that the machine does not like the 30 minute  shut off
and don't know why after 6 months it has decided to disregard the 30 minute shut off and opt for 10 or 15.
Am wondering Eileen whether your machine shuts off at 30 minutes.. as i understand that the 10 minutes work for you.

Although some may wonder why such a small inconvenience is garnering so much attention, well, 1st got used to the 30 minute
shut off as well with the s975 (no problems)   2nd this was not an inexpensive piece of machinery and for the money do want
to get what paid for..   Yes, can live with shutting off machine myself, no problem  and the 15 minutes is a fair amount of time
to return to whatever you are working on at the moment,,, ex.   working on registrantion or multi track and get a phone call
or interupted somehow,, you want to keep the data upon return.

Also as mentioned the 1.3 update was already in machine when delivered... and it worked fine .
Torril mentioned a reset.... anybody else with the same thoughts...

Thanks to all of you who have participated in this thread.

cheers
elaine

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 02:04:23 PM »
Hi Elaine, following your previous post:
Although I don't routinely use it I have checked auto poweroff on my Genos set for 10 and 30 minutes. It works at both times regardless of the fact Auto Power Saving is on (set to 5 min.)
However it will not shut down if it "thinks" you have carried out some editing (eg. on voices, styles, recordings) and left the KB in a state where data might be lost when shut down. This is a similar situation to where you find you cannot shut down manually without holding the off button for 3 secs. This happens to me for more than 50 percent of the times I use the KB, so if I wanted to use Auto power off it probably would not in practice work very reliably for me, since I am not simply playing, but regularly using different screens and changing things.

So whether it turns off is not simply explained by whether there is a fault, it also depends on what you have done during the session and how you leave the KB.
My guess is that if you get into the habit of leaving the keyboard with the Home Screen on display (rather than any others) the Auto Power Off may be more likely to cut in, since if the KB judges data could be lost it will display a message giving save options  when you exit whatever other screens have been used.

John
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:45:15 AM by jwyvern »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »
Well a soft rest won't do any harm to try. As I said I don't use this function. For me it was a nuisance at times so turned it off. My keyboard is on most days for at least 10 hours because as well as playing it I also have phone calls where people want me to talk them through things and I also do quite a bit of tweaking to old styles. Switching on and off is never good for any electrical appliance.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 03:35:21 PM »
Hello all on this thread,

I have been following this story since it began with a great deal of interest.
I don't own a genos but nonetheless when people have issues with any keyboard no matter what model, I usually try to find an answer.

I've been a fix-it type all my life, using troubleshooting techniques to eliminate all the possibilities of what the problem wouldn't be.

So after reading everything written on this thread I am thinking that John has the answer.

I only have a Tyros 5 so I can't actually prove my conclusion. Perhaps some Genos owner can conduct a quick experiment.

In the meantime I will check this out on my Tyros as it too does have the auto power off feature

Regards.

RON
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline penquin

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
I have the same problem, get up walk away, genos never turns off, or dims. I phoned Yamaha and spoke to tech depart and was told the machine thinks its connected to something and is transferring data so won’t switch itself off as it will corrupt the data transfer. ? That the explanation

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 08:52:19 PM »
Eileen - I totally agree with you, I can also live without this function and tend to leave my keyboard on for many hours at a time. You are also correct in pointing out that it is not good to keep turning the keyboard on and off and it is not good practice for any electrical device.

I can see that in your case you must often get called to the phone to chat and help us out. You are a remarkable lady and you give so much of your time so willingly. We are all so grateful to you.

penguin - it was a great idea to phone Yamaha tech support and their explanation is both very interesting and puzzling at the same time. I wonder if they can explain exactly how to make this feature work.

As I said, I shall wait for the 1.4 update in June and see what happens then. But it is useful to know that others are experiencing this problem.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2019, 04:05:42 PM »
I think what Yamaha means is as John said earlier. You must make sure that when you leave the keyboard you are not in the middle of song something like altering volumes or creating a registration bank. Exit those screens and Set the keyboard to the home page. The keyboard is clever and will not switch off if it thinks you are in the middle of something.

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
Hello Eileen,

I really appreciate your help but I never leave the Genos when I’m changing any settings or making a registration bank and I always return to the home screen before leaving the keyboard but I’ve still never managed to get it to turn off automatically.

Not too bothered as I shall wait for the 1.4 update as I said before.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
I always disable the function. I once lost a song I was working on because the machine turned itself of while I was taking a coffee break😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 05:24:33 PM »
There is a note on page 24 of the Genos Owner's Manual about this function!   

"When a USB flash drive containing a
large number of files is connected to the
instrument, the execution of the Auto
Power Off function or the Auto Power
Saving function may be postponed,
since the file search index is automatically
updated."

It may be unrelated to the problems posted in this thread, but has anyone experiencing the problem on Genos tried removing all USB drives (presumably including the 'hidden' one if installed)?

Does this fix the 'problem'?

BTW, according to the manual, the 'Auto Power Saving' function only reduces the brightness of the 'Live Control' OLED display for the assignable controllers/sliders, it does not say anything about reducing the brightness of the buttons!  So it may not be that noticeable unless you check this display, even if it works!  This function is likely to be less about saving power and more about protecting the OLED display from 'burn in', which can be a problem with this type of display if it is left displaying the same characters for long periods at high brightness settings (as purchasers of expensive OLED televisions have found if they are used for gaming)!

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:33:11 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
Hi Elaine, following your previous post:
Although I don't routinely use it I have checked auto poweroff on my Genos set for 10 and 30 minutes. It works at both times regardless of the fact Auto Power Saving is on (set to 5 min.)
However it will not shut down if it "thinks" you have carried out some editing (eg. on voices, styles, recordings) and left the KB in a state where data might be lost when shut down. This is a similar situation to where you find you cannot shut down manually without holding the off button for 3 secs. This happens to me for more than 50 percent of the times I use the KB, so if I wanted to use Auto power off it probably would not in practice work very reliably for me, since I am not simply playing, but regularly using different screens and changing things.

So whether it turns off is not simply explained by whether there is a fault, it also depends on what you have done during the session and how you leave the KB.
My guess is that if you get into the habit of leaving the keyboard with the Home Screen on display (rather than any others) the Auto Power Off may be more likely to cut in, since if the KB judges data could be lost it will display a message giving save options  when you exit whatever other screens have been used.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the advice about keyboard data activity being a culprit in its ability to shut down during usage.   However, that is not
the case with the shut down am experiencing.   For the trials, i turned on machine, went to home page,, played 7 notes with
the piano , (no data activity) and left the machine so there was nothing going on that the machine would think i would want to
salvage.    So if am not in any keyboard activity would that affect the shut off???
As stated before, my machine actually did shut off after 30 minutes, regardless what was going on and that auto power function
was not disabled.
It was not until Eileen mentioned that feature that i went ahead and disabled that.
The machine is shutting down at 10 minutes and 15 minutes but not 30 as before.
Wierd......

all the best for all your wonderful information on this machine.. and help..

cheers
elaine

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 04:25:23 PM »
There is a note on page 24 of the Genos Owner's Manual about this function!   

"When a USB flash drive containing a
large number of files is connected to the
instrument, the execution of the Auto
Power Off function or the Auto Power
Saving function may be postponed,
since the file search index is automatically
updated."

It may be unrelated to the problems posted in this thread, but has anyone experiencing the problem on Genos tried removing all USB drives (presumably including the 'hidden' one if installed)?

Does this fix the 'problem'?

BTW, according to the manual, the 'Auto Power Saving' function only reduces the brightness of the 'Live Control' OLED display for the assignable controllers/sliders, it does not say anything about reducing the brightness of the buttons!  So it may not be that noticeable unless you check this display, even if it works!  This function is likely to be less about saving power and more about protecting the OLED display from 'burn in', which can be a problem with this type of display if it is left displaying the same characters for long periods at high brightness settings (as purchasers of expensive OLED televisions have found if they are used for gaming)!

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian..

Just saw your post about the USB sticks and when have time will take out the 2 sticks am currently using and then try again.
Interesting artificial intelligence... :-* :-\ ;) :)
Thanks so much for delving into the Genos manual.
However, have always had 2 USB sticks in the machine and the machine turned off.
Don't know if anybody else has tried this solution.

all the best
cheers
elaine

Offline EileenL

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »
I always have my USB which is locked in the compartment under the keyboard and do not have a problem. It will switch off at the time set. I would be a little foolish if they expected you to remove USB 1 before this function would work. This USB is the backup to all my work on the keyboard.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
I usually have two USB's plugged in, (front and back only, no point for me in locking one away) which was the situation when I carried out the OK auto power off checks.
From what Elaine said, just playing a few notes and waiting I would have expected her Genos to power off successfully, but obviously not.
With mine, having been annoyed a few days ago when after checks I forgot to disable it I am now very glad to have turned it off ;).
John

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2019, 09:07:47 AM »
I usually have two USB's plugged in, (front and back only, no point for me in locking one away) which was the situation when I carried out the OK auto power off checks.
From what Elaine said, just playing a few notes and waiting I would have expected her Genos to power off successfully, but obviously not.
With mine, having been annoyed a few days ago when after checks I forgot to disable it I am now very glad to have turned it off ;).
John

Thanks John for your remarks.
The 2 usb sticks that i have in the machine have never affected the turn off.
At this point my solution to the malfunction will either be setting a 15 minutes shut off time or just manually turning off machine
whenever it is necessary.   Slowly breaking the 30 minute time shut off habit.    Again,am happy that this function does not
at all affect playing the keyboard...   Enjoy.

cheers
elaine

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
I’m late to this discussion since I’ve been away from my Genos for almost 4 months.  With OS 1.3 I have no issues with the keyboard automatically powering off at a set time.  As a test I set it to turn off in 5 minutes, I did this twice and it did turn off as expected.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks