Author Topic: Mono sound  (Read 4423 times)

Bachus

Mono sound
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »
Something is wrong with my Genos sound
The sound trough my headset has lost its dynamic feel
Its almost like its mono..
even panning does not seem to work, sounds more like widening the sound and not like moving left/right

Strangest thing, i didn’t change any settings

beykock

Re: Mono sound
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »
Looks like a headset problem.😯
Not a keyboard problem, I hope.

Babette

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
Strangest thing, i didn’t change any settings

You probably already tried plugging in a couple of other headphones?
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Bachus

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »
You probably already tried plugging in a couple of other headphones?

Yes, same result, its not a headset problem

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Hi Bachus,

do you use headphones with a 3.5 mm phone plug (in conjunction with a "6.3 mm male to 3.5 mm female" adapter plug)?

May be this adapter plug is defective, so that R and L channels (tip and ring contacts) are shorted.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:25:22 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »
Some headphones with a 3.5 mm phone plug have 4 sections rather than the normal 3.
I had to return a pair of these with the 4 sections because they cancelled out parts of the signal, even muting vocal parts.
These headphones with 4 sections appear to be for use with Apple i Phones etc:
DGX670

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »
Thank you for all the input

Problem solved with a system reboot
Strange how overnight a something like this can happen
The whole instrument was operating in mono, there is not even a setting for this

Lloyd E

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 12:28:33 PM »
Hope you report this to Yamaha so they know about it.  I believe Yamaha needs to give us an update and correct some known errors.  Its been too long between updates that need attention.   Lloyd

Bachus

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 02:21:12 PM »
Hope you report this to Yamaha so they know about it.  I believe Yamaha needs to give us an update and correct some known errors.  Its been too long between updates that need attention.   Lloyd

offcourse i will

Sad thing however, as long as Yamaha can not reproduce what happened here, they can not patch it.
And to reproduce this, they need to know exactly what happened, and i have no idea why this happened?
So i don't think i can give them more information then this..

a) whole keyboard switched to mono..
b) was resolved by system reset.

Thats not much to go with for a technician..

The following users thanked this post: StuartR, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline manuel

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
Hi Bachus

Sometimes the fluctuation of electricity we may not sense it, but, the instruments may, and perhaps for that reason, from time to time, I do a "soft reset" in my Genos, or for that matter, to anything that has keys and a Yamaha logo, before you turn on the keyboard, press and hold the highest key while turning it on.

I guess is what you did to restore the "normality" in the Genos.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 10:01:01 PM »
Bachus, is it possible you have a corrupted Registration, User style, or User Voice? If so, the problem will rear its ugly head again soon. Until then, try to remember what you were doing when the anomaly struck. I doubt it's the Genos. Computer hardware is very reliable these days. It's usually the User side of things, unless you're talking about Microsoft :). Then it could be anything!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Bachus

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »
Bachus, is it possible you have a corrupted Registration, User style, or User Voice? If so, the problem will rear its ugly head again soon. Until then, try to remember what you were doing when the anomaly struck. I doubt it's the Genos. Computer hardware is very reliable these days. It's usually the User side of things, unless you're talking about Microsoft :). Then it could be anything!

I agree with you...

But everything is still working fine..
So still no clue why this happened..

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »
Hmmmmm...keep us posted. Try to isolate the circumstances if it happens again.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.