Author Topic: Removing all effects: EQ, Reverb, Delay from individual Voices in Style/Song  (Read 2730 times)

chikitin

Hi,

I just completed a project using my PSR-A3000 ( similar to S775) and would like to render the sounds to wav files for individual midi track in Cubase.
I removed the effects on the master bus. When I playback the sound is not dry and I hear lots of Reverb, delay. How can I remove the effect completely when I am playing back PSR from external DAW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

CS

Offline panos

Hi CS,
The easy and not technical way is to call the Mixing Console.
You can see there the basic effects for each part of the style.
Set the values to zero.
Unless you allready have done that.

Same with the midi songs.Use the Mixing Console.

The other way for styles is to call Style Creator,find the tab called "channel"and there is a choice: "5 remove event".
You must do this to each part/channel of the style for the events you want to delete.

For midi songs,go to song creator,go to "channel" and uncheck "effect","EQ","pan" etc

I don't know other more advanced procedures to remove effects on the keyboard.
Maybe some other guy will help you better.

chikitin

Thank you. I have done that. I guess some voices have built-in effects on them.

Offline jwyvern

You need to be aware there are often at least 2 potential sources of effects on individual voices. For example reverb is usually provided by the System reverb. You can turn this off globally in Mixer for all voices, or turn it off for selected voices by reducing their Sends to zero. Check to see if any system chorus effect is being applied also.
But this might not be enough. One or some voices might be assigned a DSP specifically to add reverb or delay so this should be turned  off too and you might need to go to the Voice Editor to check this. Also there are multi FX distortion DSP's which may sometimes be applied to voices, especially guitars, and they often  include delay in them, so  check that too by looking at the DSP parameters.
Then again there are many voices where vibrato in particular is burnt in to the samples and you won' t be able to turn that off.
I don't know if it would help but you can stop the additional effects being automatically brought in when you select the default panel voices by using the Voice Set Filter (as it is called in Genos, or Freeze Voice Set in Tyros and possibly PSR's? ).
Get to it via Direct Access then push one of the voice part buttons above the panel voice on/ off buttons.
John
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:07:19 AM by jwyvern »

chikitin

Thank you very much John for the complete solution:)

That will do it. I was guessing the issue at the voice level.