Author Topic: MultiPad Volume  (Read 3005 times)

Offline guitpic1

MultiPad Volume
« on: March 14, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
Is it possible to change volumes within a set of multipads?

For example, let's say a set of multipads were set up this way....

Multipad 1 (piano 1) volume = 100

Multipad 2 (piano 2) volume  = 80

Multipad 3 (guitar) volume = 70

Multipad 4 (cowbell) volume = 65

Again, just for example, let's say I press buttons 1 & 4,  piano 1 & cowbell.  When playing together, the piano is louder than the cowbell.

But what if I want the cowbell louder than the piano?

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: MultiPad Volume
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »
To change the 'balance' between multi pads in the same bank, unfortunately you need to edit them at the individual pad level. 

In the example in your post, you would need to either lower the overall volume of Pad1 or increase it for Pad4.

You can do this on the keyboard using it's 'Multi Pad Creator' function.

After opening MP Creator, select the pad that you want to change and open the 'Edit' display (which I believe is called 'Step Edit' on Genos) to show the MIDI Event List.

In the list of MIDI events that this page shows, you should look for a volume setting event which will appear as Ctrl 7 in the list. If there is one, it will normally be in the first measure (make sure that you have the event filter set to show all event types!)

If there isn't already a Ctrl 7 event, you can add one by selecting an event (ideally a control event) and inserting a second instance of that event.  You can then change the relevant columns of the new event to change it to a Ctrl 7 event.

Now you can adjust the data value associated with this event to change the overall volume of that pad.

Repeat with other pads in the same bank if necessary and save the bank when satisfied.

If you can't create the level that you want with a Ctrl 7 volume event, then you would need to adjust the velocity (volume) data value for each note in the pad individually!

If you need to do this, then depending on the pad, it may be easier to do it using a computer program such as MixMaster, which should allow you to select and adjust all notes by a similar amount in a single operation.

Regards

Ian

Offline dragon

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
The way to do this is to alter the volume of the pad in multi pad creator.
Have the multi pad you want to alter setup on the keyboard.
Open Multi pad creator on the keyboard.
On the keyboards that have audio multi pads you have to choose which style of pad you wish to record.
Choose the midi one
Select which pad you want to alter out of the 4 available.
Go to step edit
This opens up a page which shows the contents of the pad.
One of these parameters is "volume"
Tab across on the volume line to the numbers just before the name volume
This can be adjusted by increasing or decreasing the number to the left of where it says volume using the wheel.
You can audition the pad by enabling play.
When happy, save the pad as a new multi pad with a different name than the original.
This saves the set of 4 pads. You can change volume on all the pads if you want, then save.

I am using a Genos for reference but the principle is the same on all the yammys I believe.
Cheers Carol

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »
Many tx to the two of you.

😊  👍
guitpic1

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »
Based on your instructions,  it worked!

tx again

😁
guitpic1