Author Topic: I feel ignored.by most.  (Read 459 times)

Offline Robfind

I feel ignored.by most.
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »
Some people in this forum GET tons of responses for their inquiry and I feel ignored completely when I submit a problem.Surely there is someone from somewhere in Canada on this forum I could talk to on the phone for help with my PSR s975, it seems I always ask nicely plus I'm nearly 70 and have no one around me to help,I paid $40.00 to be a member.And please don't tell me to go to the store where I bought it because I buy Every thing online I'm handicapped. Every time I submit my inquiry in writing it seems people don't understand what the problem really is.It would be so easy if I could talk live to someone who would be generous enough to give me a few minutes of their time.I can call any where in this very big country.
Thank you
ROBFIND Bob Findlay Trois-Rivieres, Quebec

Offline mikf

Re: I feel ignored.by most.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:17:44 PM »
Bob
Sorry you feel this way. I am not sure what your problem is though because I went back and looked at your posts and responses seemed about normal to me.
You seem to want personal help through direct contact. That would be much less normal. This is a forum, and the people are widely scattered across the world. If you ask specific questions you will a always get answers.
If the keyboard seems very intimidating, you might try calling the store where you bought it and asking if they or someone they know provides lessons. I know there are several places near me that do this, although not sure if they would do it at your home.
If you are in a senior living facility, do you have entertainers visit? Maybe they can help.
There are also excellent lesson documents on the forum. It is best to work through these. If you get stuck understanding a particular item, post a specific question.
To access lessons select the PSR Tutorial at top right.
Mike

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Robfind. Mikf. has given you good advice reply. Generally forum member are always very helpful when they possibly can.
One of the main benefits of buying from a local dealer is the availability of them giving product advice.
Learning keyboards is a life time of learning, I have been playing keyboard for 40 years but we all lean something new everyday.

youtube.com provide a number of video tutorials to help leaning the s975...Search s975 video tutorials...just one Example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ePZvRPZuNk

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:52:02 PM by Graham UK »
T2 + NP30

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »
Bob
I should have added that even if you bought on line there are many local music stores or music teaching academies that offer lessons and you should look these up on line. There may also be individuals offering keyboard lessons you can find on line.
Donít expect too much sympathy on the basis of age - you might be on the younger end of our forum demographics :D
Mike

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
Bob
A quick search showed a number of music schools in your town.
This one is a Yamaha dealer. Although they may not sell PSRs they might sell CVPs which are essentially the same technology, so should have the expertise you need. Certainly they should give you a starting point for helpful contacts. centredepiano.qc.ca/produits/pianos-et-claviers
Mike

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
You have to let us know if the advice that was given to you HELPED you or not.

If we don't hear back from you, there will not be more folks posting to your thread.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 08:36:14 AM »
I paid $40.00 to be a member

This has me puzzled.

Alan

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 08:55:05 AM »
I think he means he made a $40 contribution to become a supporting member. There is no fee to join the forums, but contributions to help pay for the site are always welcome, and I believe purchasing a style collection also counts as a contribution.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

Offline Flip

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »
Bob, I am 80....been a member for over 10 years.  I always got timely and helpful help with my lack of KB knowledge from members "around" the world.  Don't give up....did you get any responses to your ?'s?  Post one again here and let's see what happens.  I will look for it.  Fred Smith a very helpful guy is from Canada I believe.....check him out on the Performer list.  Regards, Flip

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »
Hi Bob,
You can always ask if a member will talk to you via Skype.

Online Toril S

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 02:23:28 PM »
Or FaceTime, if you have an IPhone.
Toril S

Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pjd

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 02:25:26 PM »
Hi Bob --

I just wanted to offer encouragement. (And thanks for being a supporter!)

These computer-based instruments can be confusing. I did web support for our software product (before retiring). It's quite difficult to communicate both problem and solution when dealing with software and user interfaces! Sometimes it takes several iterations between question and answer to get to the heart of a problem. There are a few folks on the Forum who are amazingly patient and helpful. Hopefully, you'll give things a chance.

All the best -- pj