Author Topic: Expression + sustain pedal...  (Read 2475 times)

alfaholic

Expression + sustain pedal...
« on: March 10, 2019, 11:06:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

Is there an option to buy two pedals in one, expression and sustain/switch type in one box? I tried to find something similar, but it seams something like this does not exist. Is it possible no one thought about this, to put two pedals in one case?
Yamaha gave us an option for half bar fills, however it is not possible to map some button or switch but you need to use pedal to do it, which is all but convenient.

Offline andyg

Re: Expression + sustain pedal...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Hammond make such a pedal, but I doubt if it's compatible with the Yamaha. (And it would no doubt be very expensive with the Hammond brand name on it!)

There are also kick switches available for fitting to expression pedals to control the speed of a rotary speaker. http://www.tonewheelgeneral.com/build_page.php?category=hammond+organ+parts&subcat=accessories Not perfect, perhaps, but I'm told that they work and that they stand up to a lot of use.

Or you could find an expression pedal with a kick switch already mounted, in a scrap home organ (plenty of those around for free these days!). You'd then have to change the internal pot to match the value of the FC-7's pot. And then mount the pedal so that it will sit on the floor.

All do-able, but a bit of time and effort required.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

alfaholic

Re: Expression + sustain pedal...
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »
Thanks, now this 2 pedal setup does not look so complicated after all. 😁
I will wait for os update, maybe Yamaha will fix those two knobs and make them usable when balance is used.