Author Topic: How To - Tricky One !!!! on Psr975  (Read 3706 times)

How To - Tricky One !!!! on Psr975
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:04:39 PM »
Best members

hope someone can help with a tricky one adjustment that i can not find how to do it  !!! on a Psr 975

Lets purpose you turn the keyb on , and you have piano sound on the full keyb,
than press the Accomp button on the left side , you hear right, your normal piano sound , and left you here strings and bass sound !
and now  ( here is it ) how do you change these sounds on the left  !!!!!!!
i turned my keyb inside out , butt i dont find it.
So hope someone find this tricky one !!!

Fingers Cross  !!!

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards. :-\

Offline travlin-easy

Re: How To - Tricky One !!!! on Psr975
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:55 PM »
It sounds as if you are trying to have an entire keyboard with nothing but piano, plus the left, layered voice. If this is the case, just select the Full Keyboard in the fingering selection. However, you will have to mute the parts of the style you do not wish to play using the volume sliders for the style.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Flipje001

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:43:36 PM »
Thank you for the reply, but its not that i mean

i try to make a different string or bas instr. of de left side ( butt left button not selected  !! )
you hear strings and a bass sound when you press a chord ( three fingers )and its just that i want to change !.

hope find it how to work around it.

Regards.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 04:48:13 PM »
This is called 'stop accompaniment'.

You have the option of either hearing the default string + bass, or hearing the pad + bass voices as defined on the currently selected style.

Change the "stop accompaniment" option to "style" in place "fixed" then use the mixing console (or channel buttons) to change the style bass and pad voices.
Genos

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
Hello Dereka.

I have done this already , but not to find how change the bass and strings , maybe some guide
also many thanks in advance.

Regards.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:03:34 PM »
I suspect that the sound that you describe is the so called 'Stop Accompaniment' (STOP ACMP).

You can select one of three settings for Stop Acmp on the 'Style Setting' display, accessed by pressing [FUNCTION] > TAB to MENU 1 > [G] STYLE SETTING.  Press [C] to select STOP ACMP and change the setting using the #1 or #2 buttons.

Here is what page 27 of the 'PSR-S975 Reference Manual' says about this function:

When [ACMP] is turned on and [SYNC START] is off, you can play chords in the chord section of the keyboard with the Style stopped, and
still hear the accompaniment chord.  In this condition—called “Stop Accompaniment”—any valid chord fingerings are recognized and the chord root/type are shown in the display.  Here, you can determine whether the chord played in the chord section will sound or not in the Stop Accompaniment status.

OFF: The chord played in the chord section will not sound.

STYLE: The chord played in the chord section will sound via the Voices
for the Pad channel and the Bass channel of the selected Style.

FIXED: The chord played in the chord section will sound via the specified
Voice, regardless of the selected Style.

If you select 'STYLE' for STOP ACMP, then the voices currently in the Bass and Pad channels of the loaded style will sound.  You can change these using the Mixing Console (STYLE) display, and you can adjust the volume of the two channels, but of course any changes will be also heard if you actually start the style. You would need to save the style with any such changes if you wanted to recall if with your modifications.

You can't change the instruments that sound in STOP ACMP if you select 'FIXED' as the setting.

Regards

Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »
Many Many thanks for the help with this.

printed out and now gone try this guide , thanks for all the answers.

Best regards

Thank you.  :)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
Here are some notes on how to change the voices used in the style parts. They are for an older keyboard but still apply to your model.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjStyle/AStyles30AcmpVoices.html
Genos

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »
Thanks for all thé help
I solved out and find it
With thé help of you guys
Keep on this good forum
And website.
Greetz to all.
Best regards.