Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Recording with another Instrument

(1/5) > >>

Flip:
I connected my friend's electric guitar to my T4 using the Aux in/Loop Connecting External Audio Devices and the guitar and the KB are now linked and we can play together.  However, when we tried to record a song it did not pick up the guitar, only the KB   (Thanks to Fred Smith we can play together using the T4....he suggested I use the Aux In feature).  Now my ?....is it possible to record using the T4 recording features?

I hope I explained this correctly.  Flip

mikf:
Are you sure you selected audio recording and not midi recording.
Mike

Flip:
Yes Mike I selected the Audio feature....and the Simple choice.  Maybe I should have selected one of the other choices.  Thanks for replying.  Flip

mikf:
I have heard many vocal recordings by you, so I know you know how to do this. Did you try putting the guitar into the mic input? Just watch your mic volume setting so you don’t overload it. It should work just like a vocal.
I am not sure about this, but there is a chance the aux input is a pass through the keyboard amp and not mixing into the recording section. That is a very uniformed comment though - I don’t know the circuitry.
Mike

Flip:
Thanks Mike, worth a try.  Perhaps it can't be done.  Regards, Flip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version