Author Topic: Memo for a style  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Luluc

Memo for a style
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
Hi, all Genosphiles

1 - Is there in the Genos a feature as a memo file where we could write down the name of the initial style we use for a specific song for example. We may also add some other relevant information, for example style modified here and here...

2 - How do you proceed to know if a song style has a dedicated registration or not ?

Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline DerekA

Re: Memo for a style
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:31:19 PM »
If you create a text file on your USB, you can view the file on the keyboard. As it's just plain text, you can put whatever you want in it and name it whatever you want.

Press Menu then select Text Viewer to browse for the text file.
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:25:32 AM »
Hi, all Genosphiles

1 - Is there in the Genos a feature as a memo file where we could write down the name of the initial style we use for a specific song for example. We may also add some other relevant information, for example style modified here and here...

2 - How do you proceed to know if a song style has a dedicated registration or not ?

2. Look for a registration first. Name it as the name of the song. Better yet, use registrations for all your songs. Then you need look only in one place. If you do this, you don't have to do #1.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Luluc

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »
DereK : Ok for the .txt file. It works fine, but nothing tells me there is or there is not a .txt file for a given style. I have to go and see with txt browser. So I have added extra char's _T in the name of the style, meaning there is a txt file for this song :  song1_T.sty.

Fred : I have a style named for example song1.sty. I have also a registration file named song1.rgt. I have a .txt file named song1.txt.
These 3 files are set in a folder named song1.
How can I autoload the registration file when I load the song1.sty file ?
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
I have a style named for example song1.sty. I have also a registration file named song1.rgt. I have a .txt file named song1.txt.
These 3 files are set in a folder named song1.
How can I autoload the registration file when I load the song1.sty file ?

You can't use a style to load a registration, but you can use a registration to load a style.  That is probably one of the main uses for registrations!

So you simply memorise the style along with the other parameters when you make the registration.

Then when you load and select the registration, the style will be loaded!

You can also include the text file in the registration, and then it will also be loaded when you select the registration, although I believe that you have to open the text display yourself.

However on Genos, you can also include the registration in a Playlist, and then you can edit the Playlist record so that when you select it, the style and other parameters will be loaded and the text file can be displayed automatically.

Have a look at the section about Registrations and Playlists starting on page 91 of the Genos Owner's Manual

Regards

Ian

Offline Luluc

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:27 PM »
Thanks Tyrosaurus and the others

That is clear now : the registration is the way to go !
Luluc

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 05:20:56 PM »
You can also put a mark on the style's name to know that this style has a Registration
e.g
Imagine (R).sty : that style has a Registration
Imagine OTS.sty : for that style you use the OTS (or just Imagine.sty)
Imagine LINK OTS.sty : for that style not only you use the OTS but it can change automatically without causing you any trouble in your playing.
Imagine IN&OUT: press the fade in button to start the song and fade out to end it.
etc...

Apart from this,for live playing I would prefer also for every song to have a registration even if I was using only one voice for that song.
Same tactic=less things to remember.