Author Topic: Keyboard harmony part assign  (Read 3548 times)

Keyboard harmony part assign
« on: March 03, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »
Hi team,

I have three voices assigned to Right 1 (flute), Right 2 (Kino Strings), and Right 3 (Brass). I'm trying to assign harmony to only Right 2. In the Details area, I select Right 2 and give it a Volume of 100. I select Right 3 and give it a volume of 0. When I try it out, there's no harmony assigned to Right 2. It has reverted to a volume of 0, just like Right 3.

How do I make the settings stick? Thanks :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

Re: Keyboard harmony part assign
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »
To assign what part plays harmony press direct access and harmony button. Select the type of harmony you want. Now press the little cog wheel at the bottom right of screen. It usually defaults to Auto. Just change it to track 2 and save to registration making sure the volumes are where you want them.

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:34:13 PM »
Okay, I was doing that Eileen, except I was setting all three harmony assignments at once, and then trying to save to a Registration. Sounds like I have to do them (Right 1, 2, and 3) individually and save them three times to the same Registration? I'll give a whirl. Thanks Eileen!

EDIT   Okay, I gave it try but the Harmony assignments are still not being memorized :(.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:40:14 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
Hi Lee,
sounds like you haven't checked the Harmony when the pop up window of the registration show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_bOKVxobxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZGopnrZHhU

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 05:49:28 PM »
Lee, it's difficult (for me) to understand what you are doing, but in principle if you want to apply harmony to just one voice part (ie. the most popular option) you set it to whatever voice part you want, Right1, 2, or 3 as Eileen wrote and ignore the other voice parts (as far as harmony is concerned). You can either turn the latter parts off or have them accompany the Harmony part in unison, in which case their volumes need to be set appropriately.
If you want 2 or 3  voice parts to all play in Harmony together (a bit like Ensemble does) you select Multi from the cog wheel settings along with harmony volume and set the individual part volumes apprpriately.

PS have just seen Panos' suggestion--good point  :) Harmony is one of those I leave ticked all the time.
John
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:55:54 PM by jwyvern »

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »
If you want Harmony just on R2, then select it in the Details and set the volume required as you did before, but don't do the other steps, of selecting R1, turning volume to zero etc. All you did by doing that was to set the Harmony to the last one you selected with volume set at zero. So you'd hear no harmony from any section.

It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
Thanks everyone. I shall try again. If it still fails, I'll supply a detailed procedure list of what I'm doing, and then perhaps someone can spot where I'm messing things up. I know this is not a bug (except perhaps in my head ;)!).

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »
You can't set three different harmony settings to one bank setting. If you want each different instrument to play a part then you must set Harmony to Multi. Make sure you have a tick in the Harmony/Echo box in memory for it to save to registrations.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:53:58 PM »
Thanks, Eileen! It worked. I was able to set just the Right 2 part to Harmony, with the other two set without - just the way I needed.

Thanks again to everyone for the help :)!!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »
Pleased to be of help.