Author Topic: Hi from West Yorkshire  (Read 5759 times)

Offline geoff5798

Hi from West Yorkshire
« on: March 02, 2019, 09:58:08 AM »
Hi everyone . Thank you for letting me join your group. I am a newbie I retired a few years ago. I only started playing my keyboard a few months ago . I have a Yamaha PSR s 775. I am teaching my self to read music, so at the moment I am using the Hal leonard ez play books. I seem to spend more time adjusting the settings than playing music.. I have a lot to learn. I am looking forward to using the resources and help in this group.

Geoff

Offline BogdanH

Re: Hi from West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 10:36:08 AM »
hi Geoff and welcome
I have the same keyboard, which is a great piece of instrument. Learning it can be never ending story if you go deep into it. But as you probably realized, one can also play some fine music without much studying.
Youtube can be good resource to learn how to "manage the beast". Keep in mind, all Yamaha arrangers are VERY similar in use, so you don't need to look after S775 info exactly.
Wish you fun
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »
Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new PSR-S775 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the Forum.

You’ll find lots of ideas and help. So enjoy and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
Hello Geoff. Welcome to the forum! This is the right place to be!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline geoff5798

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 06:41:25 PM »
Thank you everyone  for your warm welcome. I have already found lots of information and some useful styles.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 07:05:16 AM »
Geoff

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on taking two steps which will ensure lots of fun and satisfaction for you in your retirement years. You have bought a Yamaha Arranger and joined this forum. I speak from experience. Three years ago, I took the same two steps, and never a day passes but I thank the fates that guided me to do it.

Are you by chance a Rhinos supporter?

Alan

Lofty(dave)

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »

Hi Geoff a warm welcome I have the S970 started messing with organs and keyboards in 1966 . yes these new keyboards are a great help when you retire im sure before long you will have mastered it . incedentaly which part of west Yorkshire I was from leeds but now reside in mid wales Lofty (Dave)

Offline geoff5798

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
Thanks for your welcome Alan and Dave. I live near Roundhay Park in Leeds which is very handy for walking our Dog. An hour certainly passes very quickly when I am messing around with my keyboard. I seem to be playing around with settings and styles more than actually playing tunes. I am using the Hal Leonard ez play books and struggling to read " proper" music. I also keep acidentally deleting registrations. I will persevere and I am sure I can get plenty of help on the forum here.
Geoff