Author Topic: Y'all seen this? :)  (Read 6529 times)

Offline guitpic1

Y'all seen this? :)
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:24:02 PM »
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Murat

Re: Y'all seen this? :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:34:31 PM »
Yes, have already seen him on Youtube before. Very professional and good performer, great playing.

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
There was a discussion on one thread a short time ago about playing two handed piano and letting the accompaniment follow. This is a good demonstration of how well it works and straightforward this is. This is probably his default way to play the arranger.
As far as how good is he - well to the many people playing arrangers who are still developing their skills, this may sound impressive. But in all truth, this is about the absolute minimum level I would expect from someone playing as a professional. This kind of showy ragtime stuff is pretty simple and I didn't hear any evidence of exceptional musical talent. That's not to to say he maybe couldn't do it, but he is certainly not showing it here. Maybe he sings as well.
Mike

gerarde

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »
He is using midi files and not AI fingered mode.

Gerard

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 12:32:39 AM »
Yes, on listening again Gerard, I think you are right. I assumed they were were style files he was playing because they didn’t sound too much like commercial accompaniment midis, and I heard a few not too good chords in there. But maybe they are midis he made himself using styles.
Mike

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 12:40:15 AM »
I noticed that when the lady joins him, he didn't use a midi or a style to back her up, just play the piano.