Author Topic: Question regarding Playlist....  (Read 2939 times)

Offline manuel

Question regarding Playlist....
« on: February 25, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »
Hello Friends

I do not use the Playlist feature, only Registrations that I make, but, I have a friend that just got a Genos and use the Playlist basically....
I converted the Tyros 5,4,3 Music Data finder into the Playlist for the Genos and of course, I put it into the Internal Memory (User), it worked perfectly....

I just got a call from my friends telling me that now when they recall any of the Playlist Tyros5 or so, a window appears more or less saying that the file is wrong, and can not be read....how can be corrupted if play it perfectly before...?

I will appreciate any hints on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

whataguy

Re: Question regarding Playlist....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 05:59:21 PM »
ME TOO!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:04 PM »
Try sending your friend the basic Music Finder file and then let him convert and install it on his Genos
user section. It should work for him doing it this way.

pfeuh

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
Hello,

Perhaps the playlist has been created with contents of a USB key and now the USB key has changed, or files are deleted?

Regards,

Pfeuh

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »
Hello,

Perhaps the playlist has been created with contents of a USB key and now the USB key has changed, or files are deleted?

Regards,

Pfeuh

In this case the error will not be the same as described.
The error happens when the music finder file is not converted ok. Perhaps a new importing of mfd file in his keyboard, as Eileen said, will eliminate the error.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline manuel

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
The files were converted properly, and I copy them into the USER memory, that appear to be the issue, my friend called me back and told me that is fine if the playlist is been read from the USB memory....go figure?.

Well, as, long it works.

Thank you all. you are awesome !!!

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 01:33:54 PM »
The files were converted properly, and I copy them into the USER memory, that appear to be the issue, my friend called me back and told me that is fine if the playlist is been read from the USB memory....go figure?.

Well, as, long it works.

Thank you all. you are awesome !!!

Manuel

It have to work if you have the USB stick in your keyboard, even if you copy the entire playlist files and Registrations from USB to User memory. Because the playlist file copied to User memory has the path of registrations from USB (USB letter and folder structure). But if you eject the USB stick or change the USB slot, using multiple USB sticks, the playlist wont work.

The simple way is to load the MDF file (Music finder file) from User Memory. It will create registrations directly in User Memory. So, insert usb stick. Copy the mdf file from usb to user memory area. And after that the new created files and folder structure will contain the exact path for registrations inside playlist file.

Try this,

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos